Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura dealers expect cheaper RL as it is not living up to expectations

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-06, 09:13 PM
HTTS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
Realtime Racings TSX beats 3 series all the time, just because its FWD doesnt mean its automatically junk. TSX is probably the best handling chassis in its class. It wins C&D 10best for the sports sedan slot for the past 2 years despite going against cars that outpower it and are RWD/AWD. I suggest you test drive one first
I have driven both of them, and there is no way the TSX is a better handling car then the rear wheel drive 3 series. The new IS is only now approaching it. I also use to have a turbo charged 97 integra, making about 250 rwhp on pump gas, and the torque steer and predictability becomes overwhelmed by the power, whereas, when I had a chance to drive a 2jz-gte swaped IS300, the rear wheel drive format, despite the increase in power was still not overtaken by the new found power. There is a reason why the Germans, British, Italian, or Europeans in general who invented cars and performane cars in the first place, never opted for front wheel drive layout. Simply, there is a prven benefit to having the drive wheels seperate from the steering wheels.
Old 02-26-06, 09:20 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HTTS
I have driven both of them, and there is no way the TSX is a better handling car then the rear wheel drive 3 series. The new IS is only now approaching it. I also use to have a turbo charged 97 integra, making about 250 rwhp on pump gas, and the torque steer and predictability becomes overwhelmed by the power, whereas, when I had a chance to drive a 2jz-gte swaped IS300, the rear wheel drive format, despite the increase in power was still not overtaken by the new found power. There is a reason why the Germans, British, Italian, or Europeans in general who invented cars and performane cars in the first place, never opted for front wheel drive layout. Simply, there is a prven benefit to having the drive wheels seperate from the steering wheels.
Stock for stock sure. The TSX is in nowhere near the BMW 3 series class. All he was pointing out is that in the race class where the RealTime TSX competes against the BMW 3 series and Audis and other manufactueres it has been tuned well enough to be a class leader. It has taken pole position on many occations as well indicating that inpite of its FWD chassis it is competitive and clearly handles and beats its RWD competitors at the track in real race conditions.