Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

a stupid and careless cop i ran into the other night

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-06, 03:06 PM
JJG2005
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't care what anyone thinks, but I have absolutely no respect for police in the Cleveland area. They are completely unprofessional *******s that hide behind their badge to do ANYTHING they want. 90% of the local police in my city have been caught stealing from the city in the form of abusing overtime, collecting pay when they were actually working other jobs, etc etc. The police chief was forced to resign for other issues. I've almost got my car totalled 3 times in the EXACT same place by officers deciding to go through a red light with NO caution and NO sirens near the police station, just because it's 3-4am and they don't think there will be any traffic. However, you bet that the one day last year I had to park on my lawn because there was nowhere else to park, I got a ticket immediately.

I know a few police officers personally who are complete losers and use their position to force people to be their friends. For example, there is this one idiot here who street races with the local "racers", and the truth comes out that he is an informant to the local police. Everyone hated him before this, but now that the fact is out that he is a cop, he uses it to his advantage. He tells everyone that he has a "good list and a bad list" of names, and you better get on his good side if you don't want trouble. What a surprise, he suddenly has a ton of friends

Then there is the classic story of my frist run in with police. I was driving a 93 MX6... not much of a sports car but it was really clean. The cop pulled me over at 10:45 because I was 16 and had 3 other teenagers in the car. He claimed I was "squealing my tires" when I wasn't... and gave me a ticket for 50 in a 35 (which I proved to be mathematically impossible), squealing tires (which I didn't do), and seatbelt. (which I had on, and he knew it). He gave me the ticket and just said "sign here"... and being worried since it was my frist ticket, I asked the officer very respectfully "can you explain what I am signing, officer?". He threw me out of the car, impounded the car, and arrested me for curfew. (Curfew was 11:00... he kept me until after curfew... I would have been home had I not gotten pulled over) He handcuffed me to a bench with someone that was obviously on some crazy drugs and freaking out, trying to rip the bench out of the ground. Several people I know have been through the same thing, and another officer that was there at the time commented "Another one?!" to the cop that brought me in... acting like this particular officer brings teeenagers back to the station every night to make a point, and/or try to scare them. All I heard the whole ride back to the police station was how he was going to make an example out of me since I was so disrespectful... all because I asked him what I was signing, other than that I did not say a single word to him.

Before you automatically think the officer was right, listen to this. Three months later, the same cop was going 85 up a major street one afternoon for no apparent reason, according to records. (The speed limit on this street was 25 or 35 depending on what part of the road, and is a pretty steep hill with obstructed vision of whats ahead) An elderly couple pulled out on the street, and could not see the officer until they were in the intersection since he was flying UPHILL. He hit the couples car, and the woman driving did not survive being thrown into/through the windshield... her husband survived with serious injuries. He tried to avoid them by swerving into the FAR LEFT lane, and sent them flying into a bus stop. Videos showed that he could not slow down, and was driving WAY too fast for the busy afternoon traffic. No sirens, horns, or lights what-so-ever. Luckily his car was the only car in the department equipped with a video camera, so the entire truth came out.

Sorry for the long post. I really do respect those who protect and serve our cities. However, I also realize there is a huge difference between those who truely do protect and serve, and many officers on the force... and those who abuse their power I truely have NO respect for and think they are the bigger scum of society than those people who the real police officers are putting away.

Last edited by JJG2005; 02-26-06 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-26-06, 10:11 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=NYLexSC]Long Island cops are the highest paid in the country. By county they are 1 and 2, Nassau County and Suffolk County Police Officers make upwards of $90,000 a year. NYC policeman on the other hand don't even come close.

There are always some exceptions.
Old 02-27-06, 01:36 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JJG2005
I don't care what anyone thinks, but I have absolutely no respect for police in the Cleveland area. They are completely unprofessional *******s that hide behind their badge to do ANYTHING they want. 90% of the local police in my city have been caught stealing from the city in the form of abusing overtime, collecting pay when they were actually working other jobs, etc etc. The police chief was forced to resign for other issues. I've almost got my car totalled 3 times in the EXACT same place by officers deciding to go through a red light with NO caution and NO sirens near the police station, just because it's 3-4am and they don't think there will be any traffic. However, you bet that the one day last year I had to park on my lawn because there was nowhere else to park, I got a ticket immediately.

I know a few police officers personally who are complete losers and use their position to force people to be their friends. For example, there is this one idiot here who street races with the local "racers", and the truth comes out that he is an informant to the local police. Everyone hated him before this, but now that the fact is out that he is a cop, he uses it to his advantage. He tells everyone that he has a "good list and a bad list" of names, and you better get on his good side if you don't want trouble. What a surprise, he suddenly has a ton of friends

Then there is the classic story of my frist run in with police. I was driving a 93 MX6... not much of a sports car but it was really clean. The cop pulled me over at 10:45 because I was 16 and had 3 other teenagers in the car. He claimed I was "squealing my tires" when I wasn't... and gave me a ticket for 50 in a 35 (which I proved to be mathematically impossible), squealing tires (which I didn't do), and seatbelt. (which I had on, and he knew it). He gave me the ticket and just said "sign here"... and being worried since it was my frist ticket, I asked the officer very respectfully "can you explain what I am signing, officer?". He threw me out of the car, impounded the car, and arrested me for curfew. (Curfew was 11:00... he kept me until after curfew... I would have been home had I not gotten pulled over) He handcuffed me to a bench with someone that was obviously on some crazy drugs and freaking out, trying to rip the bench out of the ground. Several people I know have been through the same thing, and another officer that was there at the time commented "Another one?!" to the cop that brought me in... acting like this particular officer brings teeenagers back to the station every night to make a point, and/or try to scare them. All I heard the whole ride back to the police station was how he was going to make an example out of me since I was so disrespectful... all because I asked him what I was signing, other than that I did not say a single word to him.

Before you automatically think the officer was right, listen to this. Three months later, the same cop was going 85 up a major street one afternoon for no apparent reason, according to records. (The speed limit on this street was 25 or 35 depending on what part of the road, and is a pretty steep hill with obstructed vision of whats ahead) An elderly couple pulled out on the street, and could not see the officer until they were in the intersection since he was flying UPHILL. He hit the couples car, and the woman driving did not survive being thrown into/through the windshield... her husband survived with serious injuries. He tried to avoid them by swerving into the FAR LEFT lane, and sent them flying into a bus stop. Videos showed that he could not slow down, and was driving WAY too fast for the busy afternoon traffic. No sirens, horns, or lights what-so-ever. Luckily his car was the only car in the department equipped with a video camera, so the entire truth came out.

Sorry for the long post. I really do respect those who protect and serve our cities. However, I also realize there is a huge difference between those who truely do protect and serve, and many officers on the force... and those who abuse their power I truely have NO respect for and think they are the bigger scum of society than those people who the real police officers are putting away.

I too had had bad experiences of harrasment with the police. I truly believe some of them dont deserve to breathe our air. Im sure there are some good officers but in my experiences they have been far and few in between.
Old 02-27-06, 05:47 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

Cops don't have to run hot to provide backup. If one has a person pulled over, all he has to do is get there to provide backup. Even in my smaller city, it is a rule that any traffic stop must be accompanied by backup.

When providing backup, they may use privileged driving to get there, but they may not run 60% over the speed limit unless they are running hot. If it is a high traffic area they may run hot to avoid accidents by people changing lanes and not seeing them coming.

Here, cops have to run hot through red light intersections..... even at 2 am - if there is a another car present.

All in all I think he followed the privileges he is given to provide backup, but screwed up on that particular intersection by not running hot to begin with, which is exactly why they are forced to do so here - so people know they are coming.