Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

a stupid and careless cop i ran into the other night

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-06, 03:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default a stupid and careless cop i ran into the other night

just the other night i was on a quiet local road. a copy going opposite me pulled to the left turn lane (red light, while mine was green going straight). after i passed the light, he RAN the red light and made a u-turn without turning on his lights, and proceeded to speed (otherwise there was no way he could catch up with me since i was right at speed limit) and caught up with me. then when i was at a light (i was green) making a right, i had to stop coz' someone was crossing the road. the cop went ahead on my left and cut in front of me (ILLEGALLY AGAIN) and come about 1 foot of hitting that pedestrian. when he realized he almost hit something, he turned on his light and proceeded to go forward to another cop car who pulled over another guy.

that pedestrian was swearing like hell coz' the cop was going pretty fast. i swear that cop was so scared when he saw the pedestrian. i am tell ya, me wife was in the car too seeing the whole thing. if that cop touched one hair of that pedestrian and he fell, you bet i will be on that witness stand and my city will have one less idiotic cop

what's the rush?
1) the car was pulled over by another cop already anyway
2) he didn't turn on his light the way way (until the end AFTER he almost hit the guy)
3) illegally running redlight and uturn
4) illegally speed
5) illegally dangerous and careless driving by cutting on me on the left making a right turn
6) illegally making a right turn when pedestrian crossing

how many tickets, points, and fines is that?
Old 02-24-06, 03:45 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs down

Amazing what they can get away with. No lights on too? What a shame
Old 02-24-06, 03:54 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Yea, hes definitely above the law. I hate those cops.
Old 02-24-06, 03:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Amazing what they can get away with. No lights on too? What a shame
with lights on, at least i would have given him the benefit of the doubt, but for all i care only his headlights were on @_@
Old 02-24-06, 03:56 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's ALL illegal since he never turned his lights or siren on.
Old 02-24-06, 04:06 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Cops usually don't drive like that unless there is an urgent situation. From the way you described it, Henry, it sounds like the cop was in a big hurry to get to that other cop who had already pulled someone over. Though we don't know for sure, the most likely reason is that the first cop had called for an urgent back-up, and cop you saw happened to be the closest one at the time. I'm not necessarily justifying what he did or how he drove, but it is no secret that cops will stop at nothing to get to a fellow cop in trouble...or potentially in trouble. Maybe the person (s) in the car that was stopped made threatening moves, had a gun, or for some reason were in a position to overpower the cop who stopped them...and he called for help ASAP. I would almost lay money that was the reason...the first cop ( the one who stopped the car ) was either in trouble or had reason to believe he soon would be.

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-24-06 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-24-06, 04:09 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
just the other night i was on a quiet local road. a copy going opposite me pulled to the left turn lane (red light, while mine was green going straight). after i passed the light, he RAN the red light and made a u-turn without turning on his lights, and proceeded to speed (otherwise there was no way he could catch up with me since i was right at speed limit) and caught up with me. then when i was at a light (i was green) making a right, i had to stop coz' someone was crossing the road. the cop went ahead on my left and cut in front of me (ILLEGALLY AGAIN) and come about 1 foot of hitting that pedestrian. when he realized he almost hit something, he turned on his light and proceeded to go forward to another cop car who pulled over another guy.

that pedestrian was swearing like hell coz' the cop was going pretty fast. i swear that cop was so scared when he saw the pedestrian. i am tell ya, me wife was in the car too seeing the whole thing. if that cop touched one hair of that pedestrian and he fell, you bet i will be on that witness stand and my city will have one less idiotic cop

what's the rush?
1) the car was pulled over by another cop already anyway
2) he didn't turn on his light the way way (until the end AFTER he almost hit the guy)
3) illegally running redlight and uturn
4) illegally speed
5) illegally dangerous and careless driving by cutting on me on the left making a right turn
6) illegally making a right turn when pedestrian crossing

how many tickets, points, and fines is that?
Sounds like our US cops are acting like Mexican police, ever been to Tijuana. We need to clean out these bad apples NOW.

This is the *exact* reason I always have my mini digital video camera in my back seat. You'll see my video NEWS AT 11 next cop beating that happens.

Last edited by toy4two; 02-24-06 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-24-06, 07:14 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by toy4two
This is the *exact* reason I always have my mini digital video camera in my back seat. You'll see my video NEWS AT 11 next cop beating that happens.
I respect that!
Old 02-24-06, 10:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Cops usually don't drive like that unless there is an urgent situation. From the way you described it, Henry, it sounds like the cop was in a big hurry to get to that other cop who had already pulled someone over. Though we don't know for sure, the most likely reason is that the first cop had called for an urgent back-up, and cop you saw happened to be the closest one at the time. I'm not necessarily justifying what he did or how he drove, but it is no secret that cops will stop at nothing to get to a fellow cop in trouble...or potentially in trouble. Maybe the person (s) in the car that was stopped made threatening moves, had a gun, or for some reason were in a position to overpower the cop who stopped them...and he called for help ASAP. I would almost lay money that was the reason...the first cop ( the one who stopped the car ) was either in trouble or had reason to believe he soon would be.
hardly the reason man. why? coz' when i passed by that cop, i didn't see anything out of ordinary beside the usual light. and i live right by where the guy was pulled over. when i got home, i just saw the cop talking to each other, nothing major.

and regardless, EVEN if he was in a hurry to return to a call from his colleague, he should have turned on his lights. that's the bottom line. without doing that, he's just another everyday joe in my eyes
Old 02-24-06, 11:44 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Henry,

They are trying to protect and serving the community they love man. haha jk. Ever watched CRASH? that's a great movie.

For that same reason that you described, I always wonder why they don't have 1-800 number on their bumpers to call and complain. Like one of thoes you see on the trucks.

HOW'S MY DRIVING?
1-800-CHP-LAME.

jk
Old 02-25-06, 12:00 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can remember the car #, and then call the police station office phone (NOT 911) and tell them that car #56 is driving like a ****
Old 02-25-06, 12:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by TheRupp
You can remember the car #, and then call the police station office phone (NOT 911) and tell them that car #56 is driving like a ****
hahhaa, personally i am not sure if it will go anywhere.... to certain extend i kinda want him to hit the guy...
Old 02-25-06, 12:53 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

i just relalized that you should have honked him. LOL

where is the thread that the guy got ticket bc he honked the cop that was going banana?
Old 02-25-06, 08:15 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Well think about it this way. A lot of people that become cops are losers that couldnt do anything else with their lifes, and couldnt get a real job, so most cops arent exactly bright.

But look at the bright side - most of them will never make as much $$$ as people with real jobs.
Old 02-25-06, 09:02 AM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Och
Well think about it this way. A lot of people that become cops are losers that couldnt do anything else with their lifes, and couldnt get a real job, so most cops arent exactly bright.

But look at the bright side - most of them will never make as much $$$ as people with real jobs.
uhmmm...

i've got a serious question for you... how old are you?

some cops may be idiots... but they're still our law enforcement and protection... they risk their lives everyday by doing what they do...

yeah some cops can be idiots, but the idiots most cops deal with on the street are 10x more dangerous...

you've got to learn what to say out loud and what to keep to yourself... this isn't a matter of stating your opinion anymore... you're being straight out rude and ignorant.

anyways, getting back to the matter at hand... i'm sure the cop had a reason to drive in a rush, but that doesn't right what he did... he still put a pedestrian's life in danger by failing to turn his lights on...

Quick Reply: a stupid and careless cop i ran into the other night