Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2007 Chrysler Sebring/Dodge Avenger (Official Pics pg. 3!!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-06, 04:41 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Y-E-S ! ! ! Bring that Road Runner on! NOT just a " Road-Runner-type coupe " but the REAL thing....with the cartoon birds, smoke decals, shaker scoop, and "Beep-Beep" horn. And do it in purple...Plum Crazy....just like the 1970 I grew up with. I was a real sucker for that car's graphics and horn, but the assembly quality and fit-and-finish was atrocious ( even worse than atrocious ) by today's standards, and the engineering by today's standards was also quite primitive.
If Detroit ever builds a real Road Runner again, you'll see Mr. Practicality here go right out the window.....yes, even if it is POS Chrysler product.
A shame, too.......they have come SO close with the Charger R/T and Daytona and the new Challenger.
My checkbook's waiting.
http://www.bcautos.com/musclecars/70roadrunner.html

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-11-06 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-15-06, 12:56 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Spy shot of interior . . .

click HERE
Old 05-15-06, 02:02 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the new interior looks a little better than the old one.

Old:

New:

I hope the production car has the red self-destruct button built into one of the cupholders like this mule.

M.
Old 05-15-06, 04:35 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Default Never saw the interior until now.

Originally Posted by videcormeum
Well, the new interior looks a little better than the old one.

Old:

New:

I hope the production car has the red self-destruct button built into one of the cupholders like this mule.

M.
That looked terrible!! Shame on Chrysler.
Old 05-16-06, 01:34 PM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as exciting as watching grass grow
Old 05-23-06, 07:32 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Seeing double?
Chrysler Sebrings spied, sedan to arrive this fall

AutoWeek | Published 05/23/06, 9:17 am et

We weren’t sure what to make of this spy shot of the 2008 Chrysler Sebring convertible (top) when it first crossed our desks here at One AutoWeek Tower.

After all, the drop-top two-door model due next spring is far sleeker and sportier looking than its tall-roofed, slab-sided sedan counterpart (below) arriving this fall as an ’07 model.

We think this bodes well for a Sebring coupe, should Chrysler decide to bring back that two-door hardtop model dropped from the lineup this year.
Old 05-25-06, 06:02 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Europeans get first look at 2007 Chrysler Sebring
By Ed Hellwig Email | Blog
Date posted: 05-25-2006

We've already showed you the 2008 Dodge Avenger. Now take a look at its cousin, the 2007 Chrysler Sebring. These spy shots of it, roaming the streets of Europe with minimal disguise, give a pretty good view of the new midsize sedan before its official unveiling in the next couple of months.

With the same overall shape as the Avenger, the Sebring will have to rely on its unique Chrysler details to set it apart. Up front it gets an egg-crate grille in place of the Avenger's crosshair design. Upturned headlights are a common theme between the two cars, but this Sebring prototype also reveals the leading edges of hood scallops that will run all the way back to the cowl. This design element was first introduced on the Crossfire and it will extend to not only the 2007 Sebring but the 2007 Chrysler Pacifica as well.

Chrome door handles and wheels similar in design to those used on the Crossfire also mark this prototype as a Chrysler. A unique C-pillar shape is this Sebring's most definitive change compared to the current model, giving the car's rear end a new slope-backed look. Pretty or not, it gives the sedan a distinctive design in a segment known for unremarkable styling.

Built on a platform shared with Mitsubishi, the Sebring will be front-wheel drive and ride on a fully independent suspension. We expect to see a typical lineup of engines starting with the same 2.4-liter four-cylinder used in the Dodge Caliber. There's a chance Chrysler may decide to forego the four-cylinder option to elevate the Sebring's status above the Avenger, but the carmaker would be giving up a large chunk of the market by doing so. A 2.7-liter V6 will be the midgrade engine and, according to speculation by allpar.com, it will be a flex-fuel engine capable of running on E85 ethanol.

Top-of-the-line models were expected to get Chrysler's current 3.5-liter V6; although, with competitors like the 268-horsepower Camry and 280-hp Volkswagen Passat, expect to see its current 250-hp rating bumped up a notch or two. Additional help will come in the form of a new six-speed automatic while lower trim levels will get a standard four-speed.

Expect to see an official unveil of the Sebring sedan and convertible by early summer with sales starting later this year.

Last edited by magneto112; 05-25-06 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-25-06, 06:45 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

the rear to me is i think gonna look pretty decent looking, but from the front with those HUGE headlamps, and the crossfire looking grill will look horrible
Old 06-21-06, 01:55 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

The brand new Chrysler Sebring will have its European premiere at the London Motor Show on 18 July together with the new Dodge Nitro, which will be shown in the UK for the first time.

These two newcomers will both be launched in right-hand drive in the UK during 2007, and will be joined on the Chrysler Group motor show stand by all of the stunning new models that have been launched in the UK this year – the Chrysler PT Cruiser Cabrio, Chrysler 300C Touring, Jeep Commander, Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland and Dodge Caliber.

Peter Lambert, Managing Director for Chrysler Group UK said: "2006 is a huge year for Chrysler Group with the launch of so many new models* in the UK in the first seven months of the year.

"With so much new metal it’s no surprise that our sales are so far bucking the downward trend. Demand for the 300C saloon has exceeded all of our expectations, and the 300C Touring estate is off to a flying start. We are already asking the factory for extra cars to meet demand.

"Looking forward to 2007, it is no coincidence that Chrysler Group has decided to have the European reveal of the new Sebring at the London show – the UK is a key market for Chrysler worldwide and our aim over the next few years is to grow our market share by offering stunning cars that offer surprisingly good value for money."

The Sebring is Chrysler’s first offering in the mid-size family car D-segment, currently dominated by cars like the Ford Mondeo and Honda Accord. It combines a striking design, based on the 2003 Airflite Concept, with interior craftsmanship, high levels of safety and reliability, great performance and excellent fuel efficiency. It will be available in right-hand drive with diesel and petrol engines in the UK from the middle of next year.

http://www.racewaynews.net/articolo.php?a_id=905
Old 06-21-06, 02:36 PM
Yoko
Driver

the rear tail lights remind me of the 2004 subaru wrx sti. idk why.
Old 06-21-06, 03:49 PM
Corey140
Intermediate

Reminds me of the Saturn L Series...
Old 06-21-06, 04:12 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Yoko
the rear tail lights remind me of the 2004 subaru wrx sti. idk why.
+1

I was thinking the same thing. I saw that partial camo rear and thought "impreza"

M.
Old 07-09-06, 07:09 PM
CHIS350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.chrysler.com/en/sebring/features/style/

Lets you flip through pics. Looks a lot better than the old one. Anyone know what platform this is on? Same as the old Sebring? Galant maybe?
Old 07-09-06, 10:26 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by CHIS350
http://www.chrysler.com/en/sebring/features/style/

Lets you flip through pics. Looks a lot better than the old one. Anyone know what platform this is on? Same as the old Sebring? Galant maybe?
That car is horrific, looks like the Dodge Cailber roof, a dodge caravan front and a plain ole ugly rear.
The interior has a nice design but u can see the cheap plastic from here.

That is one unGAINLY looking car

Old 07-10-06, 05:51 AM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Fully unwraped it looks like the old Saturn L-series cars. Which isn't a horrible thing - but I doubt this is going to sell much like the 300 did for Chrysler.

A definite improvement over the old car.

M.

Quick Reply: 2007 Chrysler Sebring/Dodge Avenger (Official Pics pg. 3!!)