Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Update - Maria Sharapova Pics introducing Land Rover LR2 / Freelander

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-06, 08:26 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by videcormeum
This should compete nicely with the H3 ... in the entry-level earth-destroyer segment. ....

Oh well - it looks quite a lot better than the previous generation.

M.
Thank Goodness it will at least have a V-6.

Looks good to me.

Hope it actually starts

Old 06-05-06, 09:49 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRupp
Wow... hope your friend doesn't get busted for that

I've always wondered about these types of things though... especially after I saw that pic of (I think?) the new Caravan and the one guy pointing and yelling at the photographer
well it's not him someone within LR marketing leaked it and they're going to loose their job basically.

the stuff you see spy shots of isnt so bad...they're out in public so it's fair game...it's the internal marketing stuff that's a no no
Old 06-06-06, 11:37 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new Freelander looks nice. Really like the designs of the entire model line
Old 06-20-06, 04:11 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Old 06-20-06, 06:36 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

that looks a lot worse than those CGI's before... Seriously, car companies should hire some of these car artists that do impressions for mags. Their versions usually look a lot better than end product.

Overall shape looks a lot like escape...
Old 06-21-06, 07:15 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 220 Likes on 148 Posts
Default The Next Land Rover LR2 / Freelander

The official pictures of the Land Rover Freelander II are out. As expected, it takes its cues from the Range Rover and from the LR3 (headlights, grille and so forth). It has also grown in length by 5 cm.

Big news also under the hood: a 3.2-liters V6 gasoline engine that outputs 233 ps that can take the Freelander from 0 to 100 km/h in 8.9 seconds, while the average fuel consumption is 11.2 liters/100 km; a 2.2-liters turbo-diesel engine that outputs 160 ps, with a torque of 400 Nm and an average fuel consumption of 7.5 liters/100 km (available also with a particulate filter).

The Freelander will be available either with a 6-speed manual gearbox or with an automatic transmission. Traction is on all 4 wheels, obviously, with systems such as Terrain Response, an integrated control system for the suspensions, torque redirection and hill descent already seen on the Range M.Y. 2007 and Gradient Release Control (that assists the driver when releasing the brakes on slippery slopes).

Pricing has not been announced, nor where and when the model will publicly debut, although the timing of these pictures suggests next month at the British Motor Show.

source : eurocablog.com
Old 06-22-06, 06:52 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Following the leak of a brochure for the 2007 Land Rover LR2 in May, official press photos have now surfaced online of the truck. The images have appeared on a number of automotive discussion forums and blogs. The vehicle will be known as the Freelander 2 in Europe.

source : leftlanenews
Old 06-22-06, 07:43 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

The new one looks a lot more like Big Brother Range Rover. The first Freelander, IMO, should not have been dropped....Land Rover needed a small starter model in the American market, especially since the mid-slotted Discovery is gone. The big Range Rovers are just too expensive, despite being some of the world's best mountain goats....and were ( and are ) unreliable to boot. In fact, reliability is something that Land Rover needs to seriously work on in all of its vehicles across the board. For years they have languished at or near the bottom of both J.D. Power and Consumer Reports reliability rankings.
Old 06-22-06, 04:54 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Looks better to me than the RR Sport .
Old 06-23-06, 07:03 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Default Maria Sharapova Introduces Land Rover LR2

Old 06-23-06, 07:14 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

not the best pic of her but shes still beautiful
Old 06-23-06, 08:33 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Maria is HOT but the car isn't.
Old 06-23-06, 09:29 AM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

you heard the story about her and LR right? Apparently she went to a LR dealer down in Florida wanted to check out the new RRS. Dealer thought, wow great opportunity, handed her the keys to let her have it on an extended test drive. Fast forward 1 week or so, a LR dealer in the Midwest calls dealer in Florida, saying we have your RRS here and it's all tore up, dirty, trashed up inside, apparently this young lady beat on it dropped it off at the next dealership and said I dont like it. So what does she get for doing that? A 20 million endorsement deal to pitch LR products.
Old 06-23-06, 09:33 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

neither the chinless, egocentric tennis player nor the Rover suit my style. Give me Anna 1,000,000 X over any day.
Old 06-23-06, 10:56 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by foofighter
you heard the story about her and LR right? Apparently she went to a LR dealer down in Florida wanted to check out the new RRS. Dealer thought, wow great opportunity, handed her the keys to let her have it on an extended test drive. Fast forward 1 week or so, a LR dealer in the Midwest calls dealer in Florida, saying we have your RRS here and it's all tore up, dirty, trashed up inside, apparently this young lady beat on it dropped it off at the next dealership and said I dont like it. So what does she get for doing that? A 20 million endorsement deal to pitch LR products.
It's the first time I' ve heard of this story, thanks for sharing.
I'm a little surprised they would still give her an endorsement deal. There are many celebrities you can get to endorse your product for that kind of $$$, somebody at LR must be really enamoured with her . . .

Quick Reply: Update - Maria Sharapova Pics introducing Land Rover LR2 / Freelander