Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Which one of these is a "babe-magnet" ???
Lexus SC430
16.31%
Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
2.84%
Porsche Boxster
7.09%
Audi TT Roadster Convertible
1.42%
Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
7.80%
MB SL500 (new '02 R230 model)
43.97%
MB CLK55 AMG Cabriolet
7.80%
BMW M3 (E46) Convertible
12.77%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Which one of these is a "babe-magnet" ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-05, 06:12 AM
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think theyd be more attracted to the MB SL. they tend to buy and drive the SC tho.
Old 07-13-05, 07:41 PM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

I dont know about you guys....but I purposely ignore any girl who says anything about my car. Girls like that are trash.
Old 07-13-05, 11:05 PM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mjr24
I dont know about you guys....but I purposely ignore any girl who says anything about my car. Girls like that are trash.
............Anything?
Old 07-14-05, 12:25 AM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Why do you only put convertibles and roadsters in the vote? You think women love open-top vehicles only?
Old 07-14-05, 12:50 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35
Why do you only put convertibles and roadsters in the vote? You think women love open-top vehicles only?
Good point, some chicks ain't too hot and don't want to be seen in a drop top.
Old 07-14-05, 01:04 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Celicamaro
Good point, some chicks ain't too hot and don't want to be seen in a drop top.
Those aren't babes
Old 07-14-05, 11:07 AM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good point! If a girl likes you because of your car then she is definitely not a keeper.
Old 07-14-05, 03:54 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to be a sour puss but I wouldn't want a girl who was attracted to my car...or any material object. I want them to be hooked on me, not my things. I've never even thought about this subject. Women can tell when a man is insecure. Having a car be part of your game is def a lack of confidence. Step up to the plate, get your game together. In fact, I've heard a lot of girls talk and they think a guy with a hot car is making up for some other shortcomings...if you get my drift.
Old 07-14-05, 04:15 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by reggiek
Sorry to be a sour puss but I wouldn't want a girl who was attracted to my car...or any material object. I want them to be hooked on me, not my things. I've never even thought about this subject. Women can tell when a man is insecure. Having a car be part of your game is def a lack of confidence. Step up to the plate, get your game together. In fact, I've heard a lot of girls talk and they think a guy with a hot car is making up for some other shortcomings...if you get my drift.
This forum amazes me. We get such in depth and soul searching topics and questions such as: How do you drive your Lexus? Where do you wash your Lexus? What is your age? There are even times when a true discussion of the cars happens. And now advice to the down trodden, insecure, lack of confidence car owner. The next things that I am sure we will get are Dear Abby posts, how to win friends and influence people, save the environment discussions and finally how to eat healthy while driving your Lexus.
Old 07-14-05, 05:01 PM
AlwaysLate
Rookie

I'm not surprised to see that the SC430 holds second place considering this is a Lexus forum. However, If anything, the SC is a chick car, not a chick magnet. The only time I can see an SC attracting a women is if they want to get the same car for themselves, not because it poses some masculine presence (women typically prefer a car with a more masculine presence when they hunt for their prey). My list would go as follows:

1.) Mercedes-benz SL
2.) BMW M3 Convertible
3.) Porsche Boxster
4.) Chevrolet Corvette
5.) MB CLK55 AMG Cabriolet
6.) Audi TT Roadster
7.) Lexus SC430
8.) Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible

I have to say though that with the proper set of rims (deep-dish), black exterior and red interior, the SC430 would be two or three notches higher on my list. But then again do that to all the cars (except the SAAB ) it would be equal again.
Old 07-14-05, 06:16 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lkirchner
This forum amazes me. We get such in depth and soul searching topics and questions such as: How do you drive your Lexus? Where do you wash your Lexus? What is your age? There are even times when a true discussion of the cars happens. And now advice to the down trodden, insecure, lack of confidence car owner. The next things that I am sure we will get are Dear Abby posts, how to win friends and influence people, save the environment discussions and finally how to eat healthy while driving your Lexus.
I didn't intend to offend..be careful though...you may be telling on yourself.
Old 07-14-05, 07:45 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
This is amusing! The answer is: Ducati 999! Oh... that's not on the list?

Here is my take of how women MAY perceive these cars:

Lexus SC 430: great for attracting mid-40s women- divorcees and/or realtors.
Don't get me wrong, I love the SC- but the customer demographic is more... "sophisticated."

Saab: a what? Are they still in business? Saabs and Volvos are still for CPAs.
Can't you lease those for $299 a month?

Porsche Boxster: may impress girls, but not women. Entry level Porsche. A player would be in a 911.

Audi TT convertible: Your ex-wife's car you somehow got in the divorce.

Corvette convertible: (Let me just say I DO like this car...) but owners are typically 50 year-old guys with a gut. Maybe balding. Not a young guy's car.

Mercedes SL (R230 chassis): You can get away with this car anyplace, any age.
If you're a player, you'll step-up for the SL55 or better. Women of all ages respect it.

Mercedes CLK55: A nice "almost made it" car. The CLK is not the most masculine car on the planet, though...

BMW M3: "Around these parts," you look like every other UCI student in one of these. .
To women, it's a fancy 3-series. She'll give you her number... AFTER you step-up to a 6-series.

Of this list, the clear winner is the SL.
Thanks for the analysis DR PHIL....
Old 07-14-05, 07:46 PM
Dynasty SC
Lead Lap

id agree, the MB SL is the car that will get you the most attention... masculine, modern, and exotic looking. secondly i would say the MB CLK55 cabrio... still the benz name that they know... looks slightly outdated but still expensive and exotic. then the porsche, because of brandname...most girls sort of think of the M3 as just an expennsive 3 series... not all that special, still it comes next, the vette is probably too harsh of a ride and too crappy of an interior. the audi TT and SC430 are girls cars... girls would want the car for themselves. it is more of a "cute" girls car. any that argue for the SC... see the 4000 lb only comes in automatic beast.
Old 07-14-05, 08:48 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Dynasty SC
id agree, the MB SL is the car that will get you the most attention... masculine, modern, and exotic looking. secondly i would say the MB CLK55 cabrio... still the benz name that they know... looks slightly outdated but still expensive and exotic. then the porsche, because of brandname...most girls sort of think of the M3 as just an expennsive 3 series... not all that special, still it comes next, the vette is probably too harsh of a ride and too crappy of an interior. the audi TT and SC430 are girls cars... girls would want the car for themselves. it is more of a "cute" girls car. any that argue for the SC... see the 4000 lb only comes in automatic beast.
I love Porsche and the Boxster and many 911 owners joke the Boxster is a "womans" Porsche. Many don't accept it. And I agree, you say MERCEDES BENZ and that attracts hella attention. Great comment about the M3, most don't know the difference between a 325 and a M3.

Originally Posted by AlwaysLate
I'm not surprised to see that the SC430 holds second place considering this is a Lexus forum. However, If anything, the SC is a chick car, not a chick magnet. The only time I can see an SC attracting a women is if they want to get the same car for themselves, not because it poses some masculine presence (women typically prefer a car with a more masculine presence when they hunt for their prey). My list would go as follows:

1.) Mercedes-benz SL
2.) BMW M3 Convertible
3.) Porsche Boxster
4.) Chevrolet Corvette
5.) MB CLK55 AMG Cabriolet
6.) Audi TT Roadster
7.) Lexus SC430
8.) Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible

I have to say though that with the proper set of rims (deep-dish), black exterior and red interior, the SC430 would be two or three notches higher on my list. But then again do that to all the cars (except the SAAB ) it would be equal again.
Your 8 posts are pro-honda, anti-Lexus pretty much. The SC is a chick magnet, period, no matter if you like it or not.
1. Its a 65k car
2. Its a Lexus
3. Nothing else looks like it
4. Top notch luxury
5. Convertible hard top.

Shallow for a woman to like and to say, yes but you put those 5 characteristics to most ANY brand, woman will like it. MEN will like it.
Originally Posted by lkirchner
Don't even get me started on linking threads from the Benz forum bub. People are entitled to they're opinions. IN this thread clearly many disagree with one another. Once its respectful, there is no issue.
Originally Posted by reggiek
No one will EVER find anyone that is not attracted to a material object. Otherwise we would wear bare essentials, use mass transit and fancy restaurants would all be extinct, etc etc. Most everyting people do, is to buy something they want or to attract other people. I agree, people DO indeed buy cars/rims/jewelry, etc etc to attract woman. Can we knock they're hustle? We might not agree with it but think about it, they will attract groupies and woman lacking quality more than anything. So its almost a moot point.
Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35
THE POLL IS 4 YEARS OLD!!! And its a poll, you can ask almost ANYTHING you want. Why not start another poll?
Okay, I've posted more pics of woman and me and with my cars than probably anyone here, so I am going to kick some knowledge. But first
THIS THREAD IS 4 YEARS OLD, THESE CARS ARE NO LONGER NEW!!
That is cool but if you do DRIVE a Lexus or a car with status, people WILL look and WILL comment and it WILL attract wanted attention and unwanted attention. If a woman says "nice Benz" or "I love that car", what is wrong with that? Guys tell other guys "Hey nice Supra" right?

Old 07-14-05, 09:20 PM
AlwaysLate
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Your 8 posts are pro-honda, anti-Lexus pretty much.
Even if that was true, whats your point? Do you want to ban me or something? Nothing I have said has been un-truthful or aggressive in nature. Just good old civilized fact sharing. If there is a problem with that, let me know!

Quick Reply: Which one of these is a "babe-magnet" ???