Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The official Toyota Crown Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-06, 11:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by SteVTEC
Here's a Hong Kong version...

Damn are those things roomy in the back. I can cross my legs. RWD too. The ones in Singapore are naturally aspirated 4-cyl diesels and they do about 100-200k miles per year and can usually go about 1-2 yrs between engine/tranny rebuilds.
believe me, i have lived in hong kong for a long time, and those crown taxi, they have TONS of rooms. 3 people in the back is never a problem. and the trunk is very impressive too!
Old 04-04-06, 10:56 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a pic of my favorite crown majesta. Take this car add the rear end from the same year crown royal and you have a pretty nice car.
Attached Thumbnails The official Toyota Crown Thread-front.jpg  
Old 04-04-06, 10:57 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 220 Likes on 148 Posts

The Toyota Crown taxi's in Hong Kong now runs on Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), a cleaner fuel than diesel . . .

Last edited by Gojirra99; 04-04-06 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-04-06, 11:01 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Can anyone find pics of the trd crown comfort gtz.
Old 04-04-06, 11:03 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I love the Crown I want one .......but I'll settle for a LS after I'm done playing with the SC
Old 04-04-06, 01:22 PM
manila_boy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they should bring these crowns here and replace the avalon-this should blast the sales for toyota (as the high end in category) anyways if n when this thing happens american cars will cry off to their feet theory like the tacoma (hi-lux in asia) they didn'nt bring this 4door models here (ie' nissan, toyota, mitsubishi, mazda) until american cars released their "4door" trucks recently-years before asian countries have been using 4door pick-ups/trucks, amercans can't release it because there will be no competition then other examples are the mitsu. L300 vans/toyota hi-ace/nissan urvan, imagine if these vans where here what will happen to ford vans??? these jap. vans has the capacity of 12-15 seats with 4 cyl. and it's way way cheaper that most 7 seater vans here in the US! now 4door japs. trucks are all over the place ...not to mention honda ridgline which has just been named as the truck of the year back to the topic, if these crowns comes out (i wish) here-it will be the cheapest luxury car for a toyota (i don't think it'll make it to a lexus category ) and that can easily kill the sales for lincolns (ford) and cadillacs, etc!

crowns are made for old people in japan (i think) since the "VIP" styling started they have maintained it's platform, sure we've been seeing old styles and such but it's features are far more better and advanced than most american cars-not to mention the reliability

why can't they bring skylines, chasers, crowns, 20V corollas, some of the evos, here in the US??? ...thinking what i'm thinking?
Old 04-04-06, 01:45 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

IF they replaced the Toyota Camry with the Crown Athlete, I'd buy one. I don't even mind if they bumped up the price tag.
Old 04-04-06, 10:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
IF they replaced the Toyota Camry with the Crown Athlete, I'd buy one. I don't even mind if they bumped up the price tag.
i guess the camry is sooo well established here, the name itself sells a lot easier
Old 08-19-06, 11:06 AM
Grumpi
Driver School Candidate

What's up guys. I recently acquired a 97 Crown Super Saloon. I was been searching for modification parts and replacement parts and I got a lead to this site.
I wanted to start a specific thread but I couldn't find an appropriate section.
Here are a couple of pix:

Old 08-19-06, 11:22 AM
BlueKush86
Pole Position

cool.. slap on a turbo..
Old 08-19-06, 11:45 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 years ago I was in Toyota showroom near Tokyo Bay area, and I had a change to sit in the Crown Royal, I just love it, the size and interior is just perfect for me, and the quality is just lexus like...

this year when I was in China, I went to the toyota dealer again just to text drive it... it is smooth, but it only come with V6 so for me, the power is not enough ( I used to V8 )..

The question is if toyota is going to sell them in US, will I buy it??

HELL YES!!!
Old 08-19-06, 06:39 PM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
believe me, i have lived in hong kong for a long time, and those crown taxi, they have TONS of rooms. 3 people in the back is never a problem. and the trunk is very impressive too!
Rom ... i guess you have been away for too long.

The trunk is no longer impressive, since the LPG tank is located in the trunk, and the reason for the TONS of room is due to the use of thin / light material. I guess these cars will not meet any US / EURO crash tests.

Last time a crown taxi run into my rear bumper, and while i need a repaint to cover the merely scratches, the crown needed to replace its hood, front bumper, headlight, grille, ... Btw ... these crown stuff is cheap, it cost the taxi driver less then $250 to replace all of these parts
Old 08-19-06, 06:49 PM
Grumpi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BlueKush86
cool.. slap on a turbo..
The engine / turbo parts are already here. It's the exterior that will need some updating.
Old 08-20-06, 01:57 AM
HTTS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Lets get it cracking this week
That is one beautiful car! Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-05-06, 05:21 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

love these cars.
Attached Thumbnails The official Toyota Crown Thread-zoom.jpg  

Quick Reply: The official Toyota Crown Thread