Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The official Toyota Crown Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-06, 05:37 PM
LexFather

Are those bBS wheels? What a beautiful car inside and out!

Old 10-05-06, 06:48 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those BBS wheels are really nice. I love crowns and to think before Toyota made Lexus they considered the crown but said it wouldnt sell in america.
Old 10-05-06, 10:43 PM
vader11
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crown is only make for Japanese market. But they are also sell in China and Hong Kong. Japanese like Crown more than Lexus. Crown is for their own market & Lexus is for international market. Many people said that the Japanese are selfish(The best car: Crown, Century, President is only for Japan market, & the 2nd best car: Lexus, Infiniti is for the other countries).

Last edited by vader11; 10-05-06 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-06-06, 05:55 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Looking at how small the interior is in a crown and how traditional the exterior styling is the car may not work in america.
Old 03-17-07, 02:57 PM
misterzr
Driver School Candidate

I have a 91 Crown Majesta C-Type Multi that I have imported into Canada and am looking for wheel alignment specs for it, anybody have any ideas???

BTW - This car is incredible and catches alot of attention, nobody believes it is a 91
Old 03-17-07, 09:12 PM
MarkW2005

That is nice. That is just a sweet looking car. Its really unfortunate that Toyota won't bring it here to America.
Old 03-17-07, 10:35 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the Crown and Majesta is due for a model change pretty soon.

the reason they look for old people is b/c it is for older wealthy people. In Japan, theres this map of cars that everyone goes through as you get older..."Corolla, MarkII, Crown". Theres even a saying that everyone "eventually (wants), a Crown". It's a status symbol by the baby boomers; but at the same time, the image of Crown=Ol' mans car (kinda like how Caddy used to be) so they just made the whole car aimed towards the younger market with the Zero Crown Athlete.

my dad had a black Zero Crown Athlete till like 2 weeks ago, and it was one of THE best cars I've been in for the price. Cheaper than the IS350, same engine, same chassis, yet bigger.
Old 03-17-07, 10:43 PM
kit cat

Originally Posted by rominl
believe me, i have lived in hong kong for a long time, and those crown taxi, they have TONS of rooms. 3 people in the back is never a problem. and the trunk is very impressive too!
nothing wrong with Crown taxi.
Look at my friends old Crown...i love it.
Attached Thumbnails The official Toyota Crown Thread-dsc01694.jpg  
Old 03-17-07, 10:49 PM
kit cat

Originally Posted by vader11
Crown is only make for Japanese market. But they are also sell in China and Hong Kong. Japanese like Crown more than Lexus. Crown is for their own market & Lexus is for international market. Many people said that the Japanese are selfish(The best car: Crown, Century, President is only for Japan market, & the 2nd best car: Lexus, Infiniti is for the other countries).
Crown and Century has such hertiage/tradition/legacy that I bet Toyota will never export them. But why would Toyota not put more efforts into a worldwide car (lexus) than a Japan only car? Ever thought about how much more money Lexus could pull in by selling it world wide?

The Crown is praised in Japan, but from the looks of the dealerships and insane service compared to their Toyopet/Netz dealerships, they are trying to put the Lexus above Crown. IS350s are more expensive than Crowns too. I mean, they even have a video monitor that reads the cars license plate when you pull up in the dealership, and a salesperson will come to you and say "good afternoon Mr. xxxx, how may I assist you today?" while s/he opensthe door; scared the crap out of my father and I the first time.
Old 03-18-07, 01:06 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I wish Toyota would bring the Crown over here. Its nice, square lines are a refreshing change from boring and monontonous aero-jelly-bean styling and hump-back roofs.
Old 03-18-07, 02:10 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I wish Toyota would bring the Crown over here. Its nice, square lines are a refreshing change from boring and monontonous aero-jelly-bean styling and hump-back roofs.
Yea that would be a nice change especially the Crown Athlete I would buy one of those in a hearbeat...
Old 03-18-07, 05:45 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Wow..is it me, or does the Toyota crown look exactly like the Ls 400/430
Old 03-18-07, 05:50 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 220 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
Yea that would be a nice change especially the Crown Athlete I would buy one of those in a hearbeat...
I don't think mm is referring to the Crown Athlete, but the squarish Toyota Crown taxi version , which looks totally different from the Crown Athlete & Crown Royal.
Old 03-19-07, 06:58 AM
@lpher
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
Here is a pic of my favorite crown majesta. Take this car add the rear end from the same year crown royal and you have a pretty nice car.
Is it just me or does that front hint at the first gen RX?
Old 03-19-07, 07:06 AM
@lpher
Lead Lap

Coco-bun: Didnt the japanese policeforce use Crown sedans way back aswell?

Quick Reply: The official Toyota Crown Thread