Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2007 Audi TT/TT-S/TT-RS - Update: TT-RS to get TwinCharger(Super & Turbocharger p. 6)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-06, 07:34 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
its hot I want to see the roadster
I wish they'd make the roadster with a hardtop not a ragtop.....oh and hybrid power as well
Old 04-12-06, 10:24 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,419 Likes on 1,584 Posts

I absolutely love it!

And the 3.2 with quattro - heck, mini 911 4S!
Old 04-12-06, 10:27 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that guy in the driver's seat...

his suit is shiny.
Old 04-12-06, 11:31 AM
akhbhaat
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was it Clarkson that said that Porsche has the automotive industry's laziest designers? Well, Audi apparently has something to say about that.

Not that I fault them for it. Any time you can take the existing design, slap a new set of tail lights on it, run the design schematics for the front end through a blender and call it an entirely new generation to last for years to come - well, you're embracing capitalism the way it was truly meant to be embraced. Hey, is that an interior update? Yes, yes it is - I think they changed the font on the instrumentation and revised the radio stack layout. Oh, and now there are three (three!) air vents in the center of the dash. Since two just isn't good enough for the 21st century.

Funny how parent company VAG spent what appears to be considerable time (and money) into refreshing their entire product line, while their supposedly more exclusive Audi subsidiary continues to pawn the same crap on the (easily fooled) consuming public. Ah, well, nobody buys Audis anyway, so I suppose it really doesn't matter.

Note that I sit here laughing at myself for saying all this, since I've been a touch critical of BMW's fairly aggressive design makeover in recent years, while attacking Audi for not doing enough. Is the BMW syndrome starting to wear off on me, or is there really that fine a line between too much and too little?

Last edited by akhbhaat; 04-12-06 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-12-06, 05:04 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

That looks really good
Old 04-12-06, 07:26 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts
Default unveiled in NY . . .

Hi-res pics :

ONE

TWO

THREE

source : autoblog.com
Old 04-12-06, 07:28 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Old 04-12-06, 07:32 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Man... that looks tough as HELL!!!
Old 04-14-06, 11:30 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Wednesday 12th April 2006

Audi TT Coupé

Auto Express has done it again! We're the world's first magazine to get behind the wheel of the new TT, unveiled at a lavish German ceremony only last week.

And there's no doubt that the stunning coupé is set to become the most eagerly anticipated sports car of the year, thanks to its bold design, spacious interior and hi-tech engineering. Due to be launched at September's Paris Motor Show before hitting UK roads soon after, it will rival the likes of the Nissan 350Z and Porsche Cayman.

With its flared wheelarches and sleek silhouette, it's clear designers wanted to make the most of the original TT's styling. However, if you look beyond the distinctive bubble canopy and aggressive nose, there are some radical changes, particularly when it comes to the under-pinnings. The most important alteration is the new Audi Space Frame aluminium chassis, which makes the car 90kg lighter than its predecessor.

This not only improves fuel economy, but gives a better power-to-weight ratio, too, meaning the car should be faster and more agile than its predecessor - with a 0-60mph time of 5.7 seconds in the top-of-the-range 3.2-litre V6. The newcomer is faster than the outgoing quattro Sport, which completes the benchmark sprint in 5.9 seconds.

To keep this extra muscle in check, there's a new electric pop-up wing. At low speeds, it stays hidden to leave the car's curvaceous rear unspoiled, yet when raised, it helps glue the tyres to the road and reduce lift. Extra practicality is also promised, as the new TT is considerably

ADVERTISEMENT

bigger. The fact that the car is now 78mm wider and 137mm longer gives it a more bullish stance. This is further helped by Audi's now familiar aggressive family grille.

From behind the wheel, it's clear the firm has worked hard to offer a more spacious, driver-focused cabin. No expense has been spared on build quality, either, as the fabrics on the seats and dash are first-class.

The dials are simple, with brushed chrome detailing, although a slightly over-fussy dual temperature control dom-inates the central console. However, a lower driving position in well bolstered seats really gives a sports car feel.

Yet it's not all good news. Despite the extra length and width, the rear seats are still far too small to accommodate grown-ups comfortably. When we climbed in the back, we were forced into an awkward knee-hugging stance, and could lift our head upright only if the boot was open. That said, a long tailgate which curves into the roof towards the B-pillar means there is more light for rear passengers, while load space has increased to 290 litres.

Standard kit will include air-con and a sporty flat-bottomed steering wheel. For £1,100, buyers can add Audi's clever magnetic damper system, which switches the ride between sports and comfort. The six-speed manual box can also be upgraded to a DSG-based S-tronic transmission for another £1,400.

From the start, both two and four-wheel-drive editions will be available, and the range will offer a pair of petrol engines: a 3.2-litre V6 quattro and a 200bhp 2.0 turbo shared with the VW Golf GTI. Prices start at £24,625 for a 2.0 two-wheel-drive car, while flagships will cost nearly £30,000.
Julie Sinclair
Old 04-14-06, 12:01 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 162 Likes on 138 Posts

I like them. I looked at one a few years ago along with a Boxter. However, I still would want a little more power. If the Audi were divorced from the Porsche/VW group, I could imagine they could give it a little more firepower.
Old 04-14-06, 01:49 PM
LexFather

I love the red leather.

Is it just me or the flat rimmed steering wheel is the new ****?

Old 04-14-06, 02:26 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
This is SEXY. 69% of the body is made up of aluminum. Thats awsome. Never heard of that before. I'm sure there is a reduction in weight because of that. And that interior. DAMN!!! Good job Audi once again. They are continuing to impress me.
I think Audi has one the best interiors... along with BMW and Mercedes.. Some of the inexpensive cars Lile Honda, VW, and Nissan are really starting to show that there interior can compete with the more expensive rides..

Just thought I'd throw that in there.. My GF and I have been car shopping so I've seen a lot lately..

The TT looks of but I wouldn't by one..Way to small.. now the ne Audi 2.0 turbo thats another story...
Old 05-11-06, 04:35 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Default Dita Von Teese Reveals... The New Audi TT Coupe

Renowned burlesque performer unveils the successor to the legendary Audi sports car in London
May 10, 2006
source: Audi, UK

- Successor to acclaimed TT Coupé (launched in 1999) made its UK debut in front of a star-studded audience in London on Tuesday May 9th, 2006
- New TT Coupé now available to order in the UK - first deliveries in October 2006
- Initially available with the 200PS 2.0-litre Turbo FSI petrol engine and front-wheel-drive or the 250PS 3.2-litre V6 with quattro permanent four-wheel-drive.
- TT Coupé 2.0 T priced at £24,625 OTR and TT Coupé 3.2 quattro at £29,285 OTR
- Advanced Audi Space Frame construction blending 69% aluminium and 31% steel for outstanding weight distribution benefiting dynamics
- Optional Magnetic Ride system for optimum handling composure
- Retractable spoiler maintains downforce to maximise stability
- The eagerly awaited new Audi TT - the prestigious German car manufacturer's iconic sports coupé - was officially unveiled in the United Kingdom last night (May 9th) by the beautiful American Burlesque performer Dita Von Teese.

A cabaret club furnished by design luminaries including Philippe Starck was specially created in London to provide the perfect backdrop for the UK debut of the visually, structurally and dynamically transformed Audi style statement.

The wraps were removed in the presence of a celebrity-studded audience that included Jasmine Guinness, Vanessa Mae, Darcey Bussell, Jimmy Choo, Laila Rouass, Sarah Barrand, Bryan Ferry, Otis Ferry, Rick Parfitt Jnr, Lisa Rogers, Colin Salmon, Sarah Manners, Henry Brett, Ginny Buckley and Luke Tomlinson.

Through the unique purity of line in the sweeping arcs and curves that combine to form its body, and the intricacy of its interior detailing, the original Audi TT, launched in the UK in 1999, has been credited with revolutionizing sports car design. Its successor reinterprets these styling hallmarks while at the same retaining the core elements that make it immediately recognizable as a TT.

The subtly updated skin of the new Audi TT Coupé hides a superstructure and chassis that have undergone far more radical changes. The now even more focused Audi sports car innovates with Audi Space Frame construction that enables perfect weight distribution through the use of 69% aluminium content at the front of the car and 31% steel at the rear. This blend helps to both minimise weight and apportion it for optimum handling characteristics, and allows full exploitation of the two powerful petrol engines available at launch. The exceptional agility and response made possible by this advanced construction process can also be further enhanced by a futuristic new magnetic ride damper system.

Power for the dramatically styled new coupé is provided by either the 2.0-litre Turbo FSI petrol engine with 200PS or the 3.2-litre V6 petrol engine with 250PS. 2.0 T FSI versions will be front-wheel-driven, and the 3.2-litre models will be harnessed by the acclaimed quattro four-wheel-drive system. A six-speed manual gearbox will be a standard feature of both versions, with the S-tronic twin-clutch automatic transmission (formerly known as DSG) available as a cost option at £1,400.

The TT Coupé 2.0 T FSI powers from zero to 62 mph in just 6.4 seconds on the way to a top speed of 149 mph, and the 3.2 quattro V6 reduces the acceleration time to 5.7 seconds and raises the top speed to an electronically governed 155mph.

Standard equipment for 2.0 T FSI models includes 17-inch alloy wheels, an electronically activated speed sensitive rear spoiler to maintain rear down force, sports seats with leather and Alcantara combination upholstery, electronic climate control, a Concert II audio system with CD player and aluminium laser interior detailing.

3.2 V6 models add quattro permanent four-wheel-drive, an enhanced braking system, 18-inch alloy wheels, chrome headlight surrounds, darkened rear light clusters, full Fine Nappa leather upholstery and front seat heating.
Old 05-11-06, 07:10 PM
LexFather

I dunno, it seemed cool the first time. With the resurgance of coupes, its kinda

Old 06-06-06, 09:01 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Quick Reply: 2007 Audi TT/TT-S/TT-RS - Update: TT-RS to get TwinCharger(Super & Turbocharger p. 6)