Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

A&E Show: King of Cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-06, 03:44 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Saw two episodes... the show does a good job of perpetuating the reputation of car salespeople as lying, cheating know-nothings. No way I would ever buy a car from a place like that.

The problem with the show is once you've seen an episode you can pretty much guess what the other episodes will be like; taking down the new "ups" on the lot for as much money as possible.

Unique Whips is no better. Will is an egomaniac. He makes money by getting much of the product he puts on cars sponsored (because the cars are owned by high-profile celebrities) in exchange for exposure. Then he charges the celebrities a pretty penny for the parts and labor, pocketing the entire amount. I can't believe Pirelli jumped in bed with this dude...
Here we go, off topic. I like Unique Whips. Will does act like a jerk most of the time but he isn't the one working on the cars. I agree he overcharges though. I wouldn't pay those prices. But I like the sidekick guy, the lead guy. He's got skills. He fabricates, re-creates, he gets it done. He seems to really love what he's doing. Can't hate on a guy like that. To me, he is Unique Autosport. Remy, thta's his name.
Old 06-28-06, 07:31 AM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's be honest, both of those shows are no different than any other car-customizing shop or car dealer in the country.
Old 06-28-06, 11:01 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The show was on last nite. I couldn't keep watching. C'mon, the guy in the blue clown outfit trying to get hooked up with a girl and everyone taking bets on whether he gets a number. It was funny but when added to the overall junk, not enough to keep my attention. I watch car shows for the cars. Not a guy who thinks he's king of the world and his cronies.
Old 06-28-06, 11:39 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

If you are watching this show, please realize who you are supporting. The Towbins, along with Steve Wynn, rank very high among the sleeze and scum of Las Vegas. Almost 50 lawsuits have been filed against them since '91 which is very high for a dealership in a town that still doesn't have 2 million residents.

The Chopper is nothing more than a brainless thug with some organizational and motivational skill. He actually threatened a guy and kicked his truck in the street because the guy was protesting. Sadly, none of his *****es (aka employees) had the ***** to testify and the charges were dropped against him. Not before he attempted to buy his way out of trouble by offering to make a large donation to a police organization. Falsifying credit reports and income amounts for potential buyers is common practice.

Here's a link to a guy ripped off by them. The guy takes blaimng them a little far by blaming them for his divorce and his mom dying but he does expose them a lot more than they want to be. http://www.choppercarsfraud.com/

Please stop watching and supporting this scum bag.
Old 06-28-06, 01:32 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you falsify a credit report i dont understand. After looking at that website and listening to the two people behind the camera they were taken for a ride because they were ignorant. Listen to how they talk they can even pronounce half there words and there stuttering sounds like they are just making that stuff up. And then he had the nerve to call the gaurd a ****** i find that offensive. Seems like some dumb person got upset because he forgot the old addage buyer beware.

Last edited by MSMLexIS; 06-28-06 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-28-06, 08:44 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
How do you falsify a credit report i dont understand.

You pull a credit report on a customer and then lie about the credit score to the bank you are trying to finance the car through. The banks do not check the credit and rely on the finance office at the dealerships to do that. Pretty easy to do but still illegal.

Like I said before, ignore the guys personal vendetta he seems to have and look at the evidence he's compiled.
Old 06-29-06, 09:21 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

I read his evidence and i agree with everyone who emailed his website at any time he could have said that the car is too expensive and that he didnt want it he didnt do that. Also whenever i buy a used car i take it to a trusted mechanic to have the car checked out. When i bought my IS300 even though it wasnt even four years old i still took it to a mechanic to check it out the dealer even allows you to do this. If you buy one brand of car from another brand dealer because there mechanics are not familiar with that brand of car they may unintintionaly overlook something. This guy is a loser and an idiot and should be happy someone even financed him with his bad credit. People like him need to get a life.
Old 06-29-06, 09:52 AM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Didnt really like the show, I guess I was expecting something different, like people with exotic cars, not watching car salesmen all day.

Thats exactly what I thought as well when A&E started to release commercials of the show. I'll give him a pat on the back for hard work and what not but the show isn't very interesting at all.
Old 06-29-06, 10:50 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

When i first saw the ads in the paper I actually thought chopper was heavy D and i was wondering how he could afford a phantom after watching the show i realised i was wrong very wrong bout what the show was about.
Old 06-29-06, 10:57 AM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

Whoever wrote that website is a moron....I couldn't even understand half of it. For crying out loud...the site has a pic of his bloody stool (??).

I think all car dealerships are a little shady, let's be honest.