Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official NEW YORK AUTO SHOW THREAD aka the LEXUS show

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-06, 06:30 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by magneto112
Wow, much better effort at the front.

Gotta give credit where it's due. Excellent looking econobox!
Old 04-11-06, 06:51 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats G is looking like a M but i think its kinda not doing a very good job, sure is nice but i think it could have been better, i think that Infiniti is playin it safe with the G, the hood look like the M grill looks like a M the dash design is taken from the M, the rear tail look the same as the current G but with more curves, same light structure, the front bumper is looks like the current G but with more of a buldge, the navi screen with its controls are pushed to par inward, looks like you would have to raise out the seat just to see what your're pressing, and look at it, the screen how its inward and how those buttons are recessed and how the center vents are shaped and placed, it reminds me of the 1st generation RX, and the car look tall, so im sure headroom wont be an issue. im like the new G but i think infiniti could have dont better with the design, theres more potential
Old 04-11-06, 07:28 PM
LexFather

i Need Pics Of The Ls Now!!!

Old 04-11-06, 08:13 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by magneto112
Got another one for ya!!

Its official. Nissan and Infiniti now make the biggest taillights I have ever seen in my life.
DAMN I MISSED THAT LOL

Old 04-11-06, 09:04 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks like all is sealed until the LS 600h tomorrow morning...see ya then!
Old 04-11-06, 09:05 PM
LexFather

Old 04-11-06, 09:14 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

^^^^^ LOL....they just introduced 3 great big embarrassments in one day!!!! How do you do that!!!??

Whats up with that GM interior??

New Camry is gonna eat that up.
Old 04-11-06, 09:19 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Who would have thought I would pick the Saturn. I'm truely disappointed in Nissan right now. I was expecting sooooo much more from these 3 cars. They are all silly evolutions of dated designs. Bring nothing new to the plate at all.
Old 04-11-06, 10:02 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Toyota must be extremely pleased right now. That's all I've got to say.
Old 04-11-06, 10:19 PM
LexFather

ALL-NEW 2007 HYUNDAI ELANTRA MAKES WORLD DEBUT AT
NEW YORK INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW

NEW YORK, April 13, 2006 – The all-new 2007 Elantra makes its world debut today at the 2006 New York International Auto Show. Hyundai’s 2007 Elantra is the 7th all-new product from Hyundai in just 24 months, giving Hyundai the freshest lineup in the industry. All new from headlight to taillight, Elantra brings more refinement, safety and interior space to compact car shoppers. The all-new Elantra is substantially roomier than either Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla.

“With Hyundai’s assertive new design direction, the all-new Elantra delivers more interior space than an Acura TL, and a level of ride and handling refinement that’s both agile and comfortable,” said John Krafcik, vice president, Product Development and Strategic Planning, Hyundai Motor America. “Add in unsurpassed standard safety features like six airbags, anti-lock brakes and active front head restraints and the Elantra continues to offer exceptional value.”

IMPORTANT SAFETY FEATURES
All Elantras have six standard airbags, including two advanced front airbags, two front seat-mounted side-impact airbags, and two side curtain airbags protecting front- and rear-seat outboard passengers, anti-lock brakes and front-seat active head restraints. Side-impact airbags are expensive options on direct competitors such as the Toyota Corolla and Ford Focus and are not available on the Chevrolet Cobalt. Side curtain air protection is optional on Corolla and Cobalt and still not available on Focus.

EXPRESSIVE AND CONFIDENT DESIGN
Elantra continues the dramatic new aerodynamic styling theme introduced on the all-new 2007 Santa Fe - assertive, refined and confident. Up front, the Elantra features projector-style headlights and a chrome-accented front grille for a more upscale appearance. The profile of Elantra features an expressive character line and a clean look with bodycolor door handles and mirrors. Elantra is wider and taller than its predecessor. Increasing the height 2.2 inches and moving the driver’s seating position up 1.8 inches opens up the cabin for more room and flexibility. Two inches of added width deliver more front and rear shoulder room as well.

A “CLASS ABOVE” INTERIOR
The Elantra is truly a “class above” Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla for interior room and now offers three percent more space than the outgoing model. Elantra is so roomy the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) classifies it as a mid-size car, not a compact car like Civic and Corolla. With 97.9 cubic feet of passenger room and 14.2 cubic feet of trunk space, the Elantra has the most interior volume for a sedan in its class. Elantra’s total interior volume of 112.1 cubic feet exceeds the 2006 Civic sedan (102.9 cu. ft.), 2006 Corolla (103.8 cu. ft.) and even the near-luxury 2006 Acura TL (110.4 cubic feet) sedan. Elantra trunk capacity also beats Civic and Corolla. Its 14.2 cu. ft. of trunk volume is 18 percent larger than Civic and five percent bigger than Corolla.

SUSPENSION AND STEERING
Elantra’s design team worked to solve the classic design tradeoffs between interior roominess, agility and driving comfort. On one hand, interior space and cargo room are critically important in a sedan in this class; on the other hand, secure, responsive handling and good road isolation are also priorities. The Elantra’s ride quality improves upon that offered by Civic, Corolla, Focus and Cobalt. An advanced, motor-driven, engine-speed-sensing rack-and-pinion power steering ensures the new Elantra has a more agile driving feeling than key competitors.

24/7 PROGRAM
The new Elantra completes Hyundai’s 24/7 new product launch initiative when it goes on sale in fall 2006. Launched in January 2005, the 24/7 product plan includes the arrival of the all-new Tucson, Sonata, Accent, Azera, Santa Fe, Entourage and Elantra. From the flagship, full-size Azera to the entry-level Accent, each of these models has unsurpassed safety technologies and reflects the Hyundai brand’s refined and confident nature.

Old 04-11-06, 10:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

mike, you know i am going to wake up early tomorrow!
Old 04-12-06, 12:39 AM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

http://www.lexus.com.au/about/newsde...ge=2006&id=221

http://shows.autospies.com/gallery/s...p?galleryid=37

Last edited by LEXUS FAN!; 04-12-06 at 12:52 AM.
Old 04-12-06, 01:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

thanks for the info! so if the ls600h in australia is same as the one here......

- it ONLY has awd
- it has continously variable tranny, instead of 8 speed
- only comes in lwb
- 5L v8 + hybrid engine
- it has more than 430hp
- it's rated slev

all of them are good news, except the awd i guess....
Old 04-12-06, 01:34 AM
GSsnarl
Pole Position

you want it, you got it.
It looks like IT WILL BE USING LED HEADLIGHTS . It also has a 5.0litre engine, THIS IS THE BEST CAR IN THE WORLD. (the amount of technology, features, safety, performance-efficency, style and quality is just terifiyingly scary; wow man created this machine)
oh, ps; those who are going to the auto show, take pics of the LS600h, and thats an order!!!
Attached Thumbnails Official NEW YORK AUTO SHOW THREAD aka the LEXUS show-big_pic_221.jpg  

Last edited by GSsnarl; 04-12-06 at 02:54 AM.
Old 04-12-06, 02:50 AM
GSsnarl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Toyota must be extremely pleased right now. That's all I've got to say.
Exactly my thoughts , so is Lexus by the way. On the other hand tho, the competition isnt as pleased (just a logical assumption).

Quick Reply: Official NEW YORK AUTO SHOW THREAD aka the LEXUS show