Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti to Launch Across Europe in 2008

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-06 | 06:30 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Default Infiniti to Launch Across Europe in 2008

Text courtesy Nissan Motor Corporation
04-25-2006

Next generation models drive new luxury entrant

Nissan Motor Co. Ltd., today announced that its Infiniti luxury brand will launch across the European market during 2008. The announcement was made in Tokyo by President and CEO, Carlos Ghosn, during a press conference for the 2005 fiscal year results.

Launched in the US and Canada in 1989, Infiniti is currently sold across North America, Taiwan, the Middle East and Korea. In 2006, Infiniti will be launched in Russia followed by China and Ukraine during 2007.

“In 1999 we made the decision to re-invest heavily in the Infiniti brand, focusing on outstanding products and a premium ownership experience,” said Ghosn. “That investment has made Infiniti the fastest-growing luxury brand in the US and one that is recognized globally for its blend of design, performance and luxury. We are now ready to bring this unique brand to consumers in Europe,” continued Ghosn.

Infiniti will be distributed in Europe through a dedicated sales and service network that will start operations during 2008. Full details of the final product range, ownership experience and business structure will be disclosed closer to launch.

“This is the ideal time for Infiniti to launch in Europe,” said Brian Carolin, senior vice president, sales and marketing, Nissan Europe. “This timing allows us to bring the next generation of Infiniti models, including a fully competitive line-up of petrol and diesel engines, specifically designed for the demanding needs of our European premium customers,” Carolin added.

Infiniti has built a reputation for top-ranking customer service, contemporary design and driving performance. Since the company renewed its focus on Infiniti in 1999, sales in the US grew from 72,637 vehicles to 136,401 vehicles in 2005, an 88% increase.

In Europe, Nissan employs 12,000 people in its design, research and development, manufacturing, logistics, and sales and marketing operations. In 2005, the company produced a total of 508,901 vehicles in its British and Spanish plants and sold 540,954 vehicles in Europe. Nissan Europe’s headquarters is based in Trappes (Paris), France.

source : japanesecarfans
Old 04-25-06 | 06:37 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

it will be interesting to see if Infiniti is going to take Lexus way of offering only larger engines or will adapt more to the European market and offer wide range of 4cly engines...
Old 04-25-06 | 06:41 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

They will have diesels which will be more important.

I don't think Lexus is offering enough diesels right now with just the IS220d, if they really want to push for sales there.
Old 04-25-06 | 07:32 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
They will have diesels which will be more important.

I don't think Lexus is offering enough diesels right now with just the IS220d, if they really want to push for sales there.
This is correct, they will use a Renault diesal in their Infiniti cars.

I think they may be a little to ambitous, and should slow down. THings in America are improved but not spectacular. Though, they should be well recieved in Europe since the G35 and M35/45 and FX 35/45 are sporting cars.

I really wonder will they revise some version of the Nissan GT-R and call it an Infiniti something to sit on top the lineup?
Old 04-25-06 | 08:46 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
This is correct, they will use a Renault diesal in their Infiniti cars.
I
I really wonder will they revise some version of the Nissan GT-R and call it an Infiniti something to sit on top the lineup?
A Renault engine in an Infiniti?

Infinitis today vary enormously in reliability from the excellent G35 and M35 /45 to the very trouble-prone QX56. I can see why they would want use a small diesel in Europe but a Renault engine sure won't do much for reliability...they have a history of making junk. I probably would not buy one of their products even if I lived in Europe.

An Infiniti-badged GT-R? The Nissan people at the Washington, DC Show hinted at this last January but, of course, did not spill any beans...they said it was still under discussion in management.
Old 04-25-06 | 11:03 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

They were and still are an extreme embarrassment in Mexico. They only offered the Q45 and J30 and now just the Q45 remains and all were sold out of Nissan dealerships. Acura has its own dealerships now and is doing much better saleswise after I talked to a friend who works at the dealer in my neighborhood.
Old 04-25-06 | 11:21 AM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexmex
They were and still are an extreme embarrassment in Mexico. They only offered the Q45 and J30 and now just the Q45 remains and all were sold out of Nissan dealerships. Acura has its own dealerships now and is doing much better saleswise after I talked to a friend who works at the dealer in my neighborhood.
They also only sold the Q45 in the mid east and other countries. But now, those countries that have only had the Q45 now have the whole lineup. Also, i dont think they are trying to establish the infiniti lineup in mexico. They are focusing on bigger markets
Old 04-25-06 | 01:38 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
A Renault engine in an Infiniti?

Infinitis today vary enormously in reliability from the excellent G35 and M35 /45 to the very trouble-prone QX56. I can see why they would want use a small diesel in Europe but a Renault engine sure won't do much for reliability...they have a history of making junk. I probably would not buy one of their products even if I lived in Europe.
Isn't that a little narrow minded, calling the Renault engine junk??
They arren't cutting edge but they are pretty reliable.
They need to be made smoother to work in a premium brand though.

I think Infinity will have their work cut out for them over here.
Old 04-25-06 | 02:01 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

All Renault and Ghosn care about are sales... I am sure they will have 4 different 4 cyl engines in G.

Renaults are not POS as they used to be, but they do rate at the bottom of quality charts still. They have quirky styling and good small cars that dont look cheap, despite major components falling apart after few years.
Old 04-25-06 | 02:22 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

All Renault and Ghosn care about are sales... I am sure they will have 4 different 4 cyl engines in G.

Renaults are not POS as they used to be, but they do rate at the bottom of quality charts still. They have quirky styling and good small cars that dont look cheap, despite major components falling apart after few years.
Old 04-25-06 | 02:25 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Hopefull lexus offers the IS350 in europe and starts offering the auto IS220d so they can increase european sales and image before infiniti starts selling cars in europe.
Old 04-26-06 | 01:32 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

And they also need to add the the semi LSD from the 350 to the 250 for the euro market and also make the 19inch wheels from the LS600HL an option on the IS and GS. This should help lexus fight off Infiniti sales in europe. And i guess they need more dealers in europe as well i cant think of anything else for lexus to do to try and boost sales in europe.
Old 04-26-06 | 01:47 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
Hopefull lexus offers the IS350 in europe and starts offering the auto IS220d so they can increase european sales and image before infiniti starts selling cars in europe.
We arren't getting the 350
Old 04-26-06 | 01:52 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

You never know they might and with infiniti selling cars in europe soon i really hope they do.
Old 04-26-06 | 01:53 PM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

I don't think Infiniti will do well in Europe, because their cars may be too big for that market.

Other than Detroit cars, the G is the biggest car in its class, and the M is the biggest car in its class. Europeans favor smaller cars.

Quick Reply: Infiniti to Launch Across Europe in 2008