Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Is an RX300 a little feminine?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-06, 06:42 AM
yon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
An absolutely perfect example is minivans...many males will not be caught dead in one because of the so-called " minivan stigma" which is complete nonsense...in spite of the fact that these vehicles, while admittedly not glamorous, are often the best set of wheels on the road for a married man with a wife, several kids, pets, and things to stow in the back..
Thank you thank you thank you!

At the risk of being flamed (or worse: being called a thread-jacker ), I'd say that a significant number of folks sitting in an SUV would be better served by a minivan, but are "too cool" to own one. Makes me want to yell, "Helllooooo! You're the mommy and daddy now! By definition you are now uncool!" Geez loueez, grow up, roll with it, and get a practical vehicle for cryin' out loud.

Ok, rant off, I feel better now.

The boys are now 30 months and 7 months. Right now we get by with our hatch and my new GS. If/when we need more space, if I have anything to say about it, it will be a minivan on one side of the garage. By then there should be a pretty sweet hybrid version of the Sienna XLE.

And talk about your false stereotypes---my wife is more resistant to the minivan idea than am I. Go figure.
Old 04-27-06, 08:21 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by xcntuatd77
Hello. To those who are not feeling the FX.... you are entitled to your opinions. Please - this is a car chat forums. Stop with the LEXUS LEXUS LEXUS LEXUS . Lexus is not God. They build excellent cars. That does not mean other makers are pitiful. Some yes - not all. Please refrain from the typical "fanboy" comments you make about lexus lexus lexus. I love lexus as well but that does not overshadow my appreciation of other makers who may build somethign that looks better, handles, feels better. etc. Again - this thread was opened for comments and views on the RX300 being too feminine so I voiced my opinion.

thanks.
I am going to play nice.
1. Your on a Lexus forum, and IMO, this forum is as unbiased as it gets. That is because most here have cars from other brands and experience with other brands.
2. Don't get your panties in a bunch is we don't like the FX. I also don't like the Tourag, QX56 and I don't like the new Jetta. That is my opinion.
3. You need to read what I WROTE about MY OWN RX before you come to CHILDISIH conclusions. If you didn't see me making fun of MYSELF and othe RX owners in my lenghthy post, I ask you to just read and not post.

Your post is UNWARRENTED and NOT APPRECIATED. Nowhere in this thread are people PRO RX and anti EVERYTHING else. Read the RESPONSES. People are saying the RX is feminine here.

Old 04-27-06, 08:21 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by morris
Because he will look like a homo, and most men do not want to look, feel, or act like a homo. Not in reference to the Rx300 but come on a miata???????
Morris,

I just nearly fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard Classic!!

Jonny
Old 04-27-06, 08:27 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by morris
Because he will look like a homo, and most men do not want to look, feel, or act like a homo. Not in reference to the Rx300 but come on a miata???????
I am buying a new car this weekend *******

(just kidding, Morris and I know one another)

Old 04-27-06, 09:36 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Dx3
Morris,

I just nearly fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard Classic!!

Jonny
Well, Dx3.....take a look at what I recommended for you in the thread where you said you were dumping your Expedition and asked for a non-boring, economical, inexpensive car...and I'm serious.
Old 04-27-06, 11:37 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 300, not the newer RXs. Yup, Uh-huh. Feminine vehicle. Then again, i think all the small SUV types (Rav4, CRV, Suzuki) are all feminine vehicles.
Old 04-27-06, 11:41 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by T0ked
The 300, not the newer RXs. Yup, Uh-huh. Feminine vehicle. Then again, i think all the small SUV types (Rav4, CRV, Suzuki) are all feminine vehicles.
OK .......you guys are too much. I give up...........Keep your stereotypes. Go put a dress on and drive one.
Old 04-27-06, 11:45 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

OK .......you guys are too much. I give up...........Keep your stereotypes. Go put a dress on and drive one.
YES! Finally broke you! I think this is one of the funniest threads so far.
Old 04-27-06, 02:00 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I wouldn't call those cars feminine, but I wouldn't call them manly either Now a Pink Mary Kay Cadillac I will call feminine
Old 04-27-06, 02:34 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it me, or does the RX look like a huge egg? (Am I the only one here old enough to remember the AMC Pacer?)

We have tons of RXs around this area, and I'd say 90% are driven by women. I'm being generous here - I can't say that I remember ever seeing a guy driving one, but I don't keep track of those things.

I've actually considered getting one to replace my car, but it just seems like a downgraded version of my GX. Maybe a more practical version, but still a wannabee. OTOH, I would be more likely to drive it than a sedan, so who knows?

BTW, most women do not like feminine cars. When people say "feminine" in this case, they really mean weak. Weak and vulnerable is not an image we want when driving around!
Old 04-27-06, 02:41 PM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SilverLady
BTW, most women do not like feminine cars. When people say "feminine" in this case, they really mean weak. Weak and vulnerable is not an image we want when driving around!
When I say feminine, I think more cute than weak. I don't think the RX300 looks weak at all. It just looks very rounded and cute. Like the new Beetle and the Cabrio and the first gen Rav4.
Old 04-27-06, 04:47 PM
Initial B
Lead Lap

WHY is the RX for " chickies " ? Again...stereotypes. I hear this same stuff about Miatas, MR2 Spyders, and VW Beetles / Cabrios. Please...give me ONE good reason why a male cannot or should not drive one. I have yet to find a reason myself. Even with the Beetle's flower tube next to the steering wheel, one does not have to USE it.
LMAO! You have just taken denial to a whole new level. Stereotypes sometimes exist for very good reason, bro. A Beetle with a flower tube?? A VW Cabrio?? Chick cars, period. Even chicks will tell you that they are chick cars. End of discussion.

The Miata and MR-S are also way fem, but can be somewhat redeemed with upgrades (aka testosterone injections). Slammed, roll bar-equipped or hard-top Miatas look cool, but still lack power (aka *****). The MR-S could have been bad-*** with a real motor and a widebody kit a la their JGTC counterparts, but Toyota decided to neuter it and thus relegate it to stereotypes and poor sales.

We as consumers shouldn't have to dump $10 grand into a "sports car" to prevent our sexuality from being questioned by 90% of the population. Buy one of the above cars, and that's exactly what you'll have to do.
Old 04-27-06, 05:09 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by replica
LMAO! You have just taken denial to a whole new level. Stereotypes sometimes exist for very good reason, bro. A Beetle with a flower tube?? A VW Cabrio?? Chick cars, period. Even chicks will tell you that they are chick cars. End of discussion.

The Miata and MR-S are also way fem, but can be somewhat redeemed with upgrades (aka testosterone injections). Slammed, roll bar-equipped or hard-top Miatas look cool, but still lack power (aka *****). The MR-S could have been bad-*** with a real motor and a widebody kit a la their JGTC counterparts, but Toyota decided to neuter it and thus relegate it to stereotypes and poor sales.

We as consumers shouldn't have to dump $10 grand into a "sports car" to prevent our sexuality from being questioned by 90% of the population. Buy one of the above cars, and that's exactly what you'll have to do.
Taking denial to a whole new level? Now it is my turn to LMAO.

If someone is going to question YOUR sexuality or YOUR manhood because YOU bought a Beetle or Cabrio instead of a Corvette or Dodge Viper, then whose problem is THAT?

NO....it is not YOURS....it is THEIR problem...a BIG one. THEY are the ones making fools of themselves, NOT you. You will have every right to turn around and tell them to flake off or go jump in the lake.
What would these morons have to say to the fact that Enzo Ferrari himself...the owner and founder of one of the world's most foremost exotic sports-car companies.....chose an econobox 50-HP Fiat 128 as his personal daily driver? Let's see them question HIS manhood...he would have given them the classic Italian fist-under-the-arm sign that means you-know-what.

End of discussion? There is no such thing as the end of car discussions in CAR CHAT.
Old 04-27-06, 05:24 PM
Initial B
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=mmarshall]If someone is going to question YOUR sexuality or YOUR manhood because YOU bought a Beetle or Cabrio instead of a Corvette or Dodge Viper, then whose problem is THAT?

NO....it is not YOURS....it is THEIR problem...QUOTE]

All true, but it doesn't change the fact that Beetles/Cabrios are viewed by the VAST majority of the human race in the light that they are. You don't have to like it, but that doesn't make it untrue.

BTW, your earlier post about minivans, I agree with 100%. Look at my sig.
Old 04-27-06, 05:56 PM
liquid2
Pole Position

ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING ME? I LOVE THE RX330, it looks so much more aggressive and manlier. And the power op rear door...omg thats so cool LOL Impress the ladies with your laziness!

The rx300 is the ultimate womens car...