Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Forbes' Sexiest Cars for 2006

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-06, 07:56 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts
Default Forbes' Sexiest Cars for 2006

Dan Lienert, 04.25.06, 12:30 AM ET

• Chevrolet Corvette
• Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG
• Rolls-Royce Phantom VI
• Lexus RX400h
• Subaru Impreza WRX Sti
• Cadillac Escalade
• Lamborghini Murcielago
• Saturn Sky
• Honda Element

See Galleries: CLICK HERE

Sex can get you into trouble. We should have remembered this when sitting down to determine this year’s sexiest cars, because the process was not easy.

When People determines the winner and runners up in its “Sexiest Man Alive” issue, or FHM its “100 Sexiest Women in the World” poll, each entrant on the lists is one of a kind. There is only one Matthew McConaughey, just a single Angelina Jolie.

But there are multiple Ferraris. Tons of Mercedes-Benzes. There are two Lamborghinis, and they look pretty similar from the front. In fact, because consistency is an automotive-design virtue--upscale companies such as Cadillac and BMW make all their grilles the same so you can recognize their cars instantly--picking the sexiest car from a family of similar-looking vehicles can be a very tough job.

In Pictures: The Sexiest Cars 2006
The recent New York International Auto Show demonstrated that making customers lust after cars is a top priority for automakers. Audi showed a sultry new TT sports car. DaimlerChrysler (nyse: DCX - news - people ) showed a 507-horsepower Mercedes sedan and a limousine version of the sinister-looking Chrysler 300. Nissan Motor (nasdaq: NSANY - news - people ) showed a new Infiniti. Toyota Motor (nyse: TM - news - people ) displayed a sleek Scion prototype. Even Saturn, possibly the least sexy car company around, showed a luxurious sport utility vehicle and a 260-hp roadster. And New York is not even the most significant auto show.

The point is, one thing car dealers and Hollywood agents have in common is a desire to broker sex appeal; it just might come in the shape of beautiful cars instead of beautiful people. But these days, you have to look hard to find un-sexy cars.

Knowing we had to whittle hundreds of hot cars down to a list of sexiest models, we first saw a mouthwatering assignment--a chance to look at Bentleys and Porsches all day.

But then it dawned on us. Bentley has multiple versions of each of its cars. Porsche has what seems like a dozen different kinds of 911s--convertibles, coupes, two-wheel-drive models, four-wheel-drive models, turbocharged models, non-turbocharged models. If we had to pick ten or 12 of the market’s sexiest cars, would the list contain five Porsches and five Bentleys? Three Ferraris, two Lamborghinis and seven Mercedes-Benzes? Twelve BMWs? Some car enthusiasts--ourselves included--could get excited just by flipping through a Lexus catalog. Heck, just a complete list of every Ferrari model is getting pretty steamy.

Clearly, in this golden age of hot cars, we would have to make things interesting. Because we wanted this slide show to be more than just a chance to ogle ten beautiful cars, we challenged ourselves to walk in other people’s shoes. Forget what we find sexy. What would a Miami Beach plastic surgeon find sexy? What would a hip-hop mogul find sexy?
Old 04-27-06, 07:59 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 295 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
• Honda Element

"Sexiest Car For People Living In Their Cars: Honda Element", maybe that explains it a little bit more.
Old 04-27-06, 08:03 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, the Honda Element is sexier than any Fararri, Porsche, or bentley.

This gives no credibility to Forbes.

Old 04-27-06, 08:06 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by NYLexSC

lmao...basically. And the STI too??

What a wierd list. Its like mentioning Oprah in the same breath as Halle Berry. Jessica Alba to a Janeane Garafalo...you get my drift.

Last edited by magneto112; 04-27-06 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-27-06, 08:17 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JLSC4
Yeah, the Honda Element is sexier than any Fararri, Porsche, or bentley.

This gives no credibility to Forbes.

"The hideous Honda Element is anything but sexy. But if you’re living in your car, the biggest favor you can do for your social life is to clean the car up a bit. The Element may be the easiest car of all to clean, thanks to its urethane floor. The floor is washable with a mop or sponge, and easier to clean than floor mats."

You missed to read its explanation...I wouldn't mind having one to take boarding/mtn biking/camping...I've seen some nice 1-tone Elements which made me think twice of them..
Old 04-27-06, 08:26 AM
LexFather

Everytime I see a Honda Element, I want to take a knife and cut my own ***** off. As a matter of fact, I think the element can destroy a couples sexual relationship.

Honda Element= Birth Control

Old 04-27-06, 09:13 AM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Everytime I see a Honda Element, I want to take a knife and cut my own ***** off. As a matter of fact, I think the element can destroy a couples sexual relationship.

Honda Element= Birth Control
Mike, you're cracking me up! I agree the Honda Element shouldn't be on that list in my opinion but hey that's Forbe's opinion and we can all take it with a grain of salt.

Maybe when I have a daughter I'll buy her a Honda Element...
Old 04-27-06, 09:24 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Did you guys even clicked the gallery link in the first post ?
Sexiest Car For People Living In Their Cars: Honda Element

Sexiest Car For Newly Divorced Moms: Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG

Sexiest Car For Newly Divorced Dads: Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

Sexiest Car For Mobsters: Cadillac Escalade

Sexiest Car For Hollywood Agents: Lexus RX 400h

etc. . . . . . . . . .
Old 04-27-06, 09:26 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a big fan of the Element, but would hardly call it sexy.

The interior is as cold and tupperware like as one can get. PLASTIC is not sexy!
Knobby washable floors, not sexy.
Old 04-27-06, 09:29 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

What, no Ferrari FXX or Pagani Zonda???

Someone needs to be
Old 04-27-06, 09:38 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
Did you guys even clicked the gallery link in the first post ?
The finishing descriptions were great

Element, RX, and sti???
Yeah element........lots of room to have sex in but not "sexy"

I like the new sky and it's a new contender.....not to mention priced cheap too
I'd take it over the solstice.
Old 04-27-06, 09:43 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Pontiac Aztec is tops my list.
Old 04-27-06, 10:00 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whyu would a housewife desperate or not buy an STI even the limited model. There all ugly and dont appeal to women especially housewives.
Old 04-27-06, 10:39 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree. The RX has nice styling to it, but I don't consider it to be "sexy". The Element? Are you serious?

And the STI... I think that appeals to housewives that might be thinking about switching teams, since it reportedly has a "Vagina" on the front of it, thank Mr. Farago for that one
Old 04-27-06, 11:35 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRupp
I agree. The RX has nice styling to it, but I don't consider it to be "sexy". The Element? Are you serious?

And the STI... I think that appeals to housewives that might be thinking about switching teams, since it reportedly has a "Vagina" on the front of it, thank Mr. Farago for that one
They should have named the Forester for that one...

Quick Reply: Forbes' Sexiest Cars for 2006