Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

considering....

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-06, 05:57 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
If you plan on painting your car this color, what wheels, drop, and mods do you plan on doing to the car? It will give us visual image in our minds of the final product.

sorry these pics are kina old...when my goodies come in...i will update with new pics
Old 05-09-06, 06:04 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hameed
Get rid of the GS and buy that M3, baby!!!!!!! One of my absolute favorite cars hands down - M3.
haha man you and rich are killin me haha...yeah same here! the m3 and the new 997 are on the top of my list.
Old 05-09-06, 06:56 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a beautiful M3, but they are a dime a dozen. Atleast here in Cali. Your ride is just so clean and has very tasteful mods that if you really wanted to make it a head turner, get the JP kit (if youdont have it yet...) and paint that bad boy.
Old 05-09-06, 07:05 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by svt5150
It is a beautiful M3, but they are a dime a dozen. Atleast here in Cali. Your ride is just so clean and has very tasteful mods that if you really wanted to make it a head turner, get the JP kit (if youdont have it yet...) and paint that bad boy.
That being said, I don't know of many FI'd M's period. I agree that I do see a lot of M's even here in Hawaii, but I do give props to those who go beyond and get the SC for it. I know that the handling is already there so more power is nice. But on the second hand since gas here is over 3.50/gallon for 92 octane, then maybe a body kit, drop, paint, and wheels, might pay itself off in a couple of years as compared with getting FI'd. for the GS. My last check had me at 12.9 mpg.
Old 05-09-06, 07:25 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Buy July I can actually get you a pic of that color on a gs3, I met a guy who normally comes out to the shows who owns a spectra blue gs3 and I spoke to him a couple weeks ago at DUB and he was telling me he painted his car this same color and was getting it out the shop soon. I say July cuz that the next big show I'll see him at. He's not a member on CL so next time I see him I could get you pics.

My opinion, the jp kit is very nice , we know it looks nice on silver from seize's brothers car. I took this route and normally suggest to people to go the cosmetic route. Get the car to look great outside than work on the inside(interior,turbo,SC,trunk) But I can't lie , This motor is music to my ears, candy to my eyes and food for my hunger of speed. So I vote do the GTE swap on your list 1st. You won't regret it.
Old 05-09-06, 07:43 PM
LEXSOOS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would go FI route, GO FI FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-06, 07:50 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-09-06, 08:06 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

MAn that M looks sweet... If doing this to the GS is what you want than go for it... But if you can finagle a way to have both than do that.. having a GS and M in the driveway would be worth it...
Old 05-09-06, 08:19 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Cody, you already have a lot of the cosmetics down, HRE, JP, etc. But the GTE with twins will put you on a whole other planet. I mean opening up the hood and seeing all that goodness is just Of course you will want a bbk to go with it, maybe AP racing or Stoptech

BTW, what color are your headlights painted. I really need to know
Old 05-09-06, 11:05 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HI98GS
That being said, I don't know of many FI'd M's period. I agree that I do see a lot of M's even here in Hawaii, but I do give props to those who go beyond and get the SC for it. I know that the handling is already there so more power is nice. But on the second hand since gas here is over 3.50/gallon for 92 octane, then maybe a body kit, drop, paint, and wheels, might pay itself off in a couple of years as compared with getting FI'd. for the GS. My last check had me at 12.9 mpg.
true dat! gas is getting more and more
Old 05-09-06, 11:09 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bluelex
Buy July I can actually get you a pic of that color on a gs3, I met a guy who normally comes out to the shows who owns a spectra blue gs3 and I spoke to him a couple weeks ago at DUB and he was telling me he painted his car this same color and was getting it out the shop soon. I say July cuz that the next big show I'll see him at. He's not a member on CL so next time I see him I could get you pics.

My opinion, the jp kit is very nice , we know it looks nice on silver from seize's brothers car. I took this route and normally suggest to people to go the cosmetic route. Get the car to look great outside than work on the inside(interior,turbo,SC,trunk) But I can't lie , This motor is music to my ears, candy to my eyes and food for my hunger of speed. So I vote do the GTE swap on your list 1st. You won't regret it.
wow thanks adrian! yeah definitely send me pics when you get them. i would love to see actual pics.

yeah the same thing i had in mine...just focusing on the getting a clean gte setup like you
Old 05-09-06, 11:14 PM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Cody, you already have a lot of the cosmetics down, HRE, JP, etc. But the GTE with twins will put you on a whole other planet. I mean opening up the hood and seeing all that goodness is just Of course you will want a bbk to go with it, maybe AP racing or Stoptech

BTW, what color are your headlights painted. I really need to know
yeah i love big brakes!! haha I am crossing my fingers and hoping it will come in the box next month lol

as for the headlights...they are painted gunmetal...but yeah i am planning to paint my fogs as well to compliment the whole look (bluelex reminded me of this haha).
Old 05-09-06, 11:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i have a better idea for you cody. sell your car, buy mine sounds right?
Old 05-10-06, 02:57 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
i have a better idea for you cody. sell your car, buy mine sounds right?
How much? I have no problem buying cars from California. My Acura and SC both came from there
Old 05-10-06, 03:43 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
as for the headlights...they are painted gunmetal...but yeah i am planning to paint my fogs as well to compliment the whole look (bluelex reminded me of this haha).

Thanks for the info. What part of the foglights are you going to paint?

Quick Reply: considering....