Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Audi Plans a Flood of New Modular Models (A7, A5, A2, Q3, Q5) Updated- More on new A7

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-06, 11:30 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's all great and all but they need to focus on their dealer network over here in the US. Right now it's horrible, if I hadnt had friends that were Service Advisor and Techs at the Audi dealership, i would have been treated pretty bad from what i hear. Also, Audi's unwillingness to cover things under warranty is horrible as well, perfect example was the peeling door switches and other interior switch gear...they were blaming it on the acidity of the owner's hands that was causing the premature peeling...LAME
Old 06-11-06, 10:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
What has happened internally is the success of the CLS has made Audi and even others think of making a sleek 4 door.

Understand the CLS is a CASH COW, its basically an E-class with sleeker sheetmetal and has been a HUGE hit sales wise and IMAGE wise.

So Audi needs one.

The A5 is basically the A4 coupe coming.

Expect bolder styling from Audi.
yeah that's what i was about to say. seems like mb really hit the new jackpot with the cls, making a new trend of styling there and totally drive the crowd.
Old 06-12-06, 03:05 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

What's a modular model?
Old 06-12-06, 03:20 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by foofighter
, perfect example was the peeling door switches and other interior switch gear...they were blaming it on the acidity of the owner's hands that was causing the premature peeling...LAME
Sounds like you need to wash your hands of that place.
Old 06-12-06, 03:22 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
yeah that's what i was about to say. seems like mb really hit the new jackpot with the cls, making a new trend of styling there and totally drive the crowd.
I don't see what is really so " jackpot " about it.....just a sedan with a humpback-whale roof and tiny, peek-a-boo side windows that you can't see out of.
Old 06-12-06, 07:45 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I don't see what is really so " jackpot " about it.....just a sedan with a humpback-whale roof and tiny, peek-a-boo side windows that you can't see out of.
They are selling very well for a car in it's price range, it's not that practical for a 4 door, but a lot of people love it, & that's what matter the most
Old 06-12-06, 09:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yup, that's just how you see it though, slight changes here and there from the e class

but the truth is they are selling like hot cakes, at least in big cities like LA and so. you have no idea how many i see this past weekend, it's like they are free or something. talk about the tight lineup mb had already, they squeezed out one new model in between the already so tight lineup and able to get the sales number they want? yes, tha'ts a jackpot in my eyes
Old 06-12-06, 05:11 PM
LexFather

I actully like it It seems in Atlanta every other person has one on weekends, incredible.

Old 06-12-06, 05:15 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Werd...IMO, CLS = best designed 4 door car on the market currently.
Old 06-12-06, 10:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by magneto112
Werd...IMO, CLS = best designed 4 door car on the market currently.
and they call it a coupe. confused yet?
Old 06-13-06, 08:05 AM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I agree with you Mike. I'm not a big fan of the CLS. The market determines the success of a vehicle and it appears the people love it. I personally don't like it. I sat in one at the L.A. auto show and there's hardly any room in the back seat. Now how is one going to do the "wild thing" in the back seat? I don't determine the success of this vehicle but MB hit a "jackpot" with this car...

Last edited by Trexus; 07-06-06 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-28-06, 10:45 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Default Will the 2008 Audi A5 look like this?

The latest issue of Germany's AutoBild magazine features a cover story on the forthcoming Audi A5 coupe. The image is particularly interesting, because the magazine tends to accurately predict vehicle designs as their launch draws near. The A5 is expected to be unveiled either later this year (in September), or early next. Recently, AutoExpress said the car would be in showrooms in mid-2007. The new illustration shows a car with typical Audi characteristics, widened shoulders, and a somewhat conservative roofline. The car appears to be a toned-down version of the very popular Nuvolari concept — which would be a disappointment to many fans if true

source : autobild, leftlanenews
Old 07-06-06, 06:56 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Default More on 2008 Audi A5

According to autobild magazine, the A5 will debut at the Geneva motor show in early 2007. The car will be positioned somewhere between the BMW 3-Series coupe and the 6-Series. Engines will range from 162 to 265 horsepower for the standard model. Meanwhile, a high-performance 2008 S5 will offer 353 horsepower, and and an even more powerful RS5 will follow in 2009.

A doctored spy shot ?

source : autobild
Old 07-06-06, 08:55 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

car looks ok, like the front more than the rear

but the engine looks very weak imho
Old 07-07-06, 12:37 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
car looks ok, like the front more than the rear

but the engine looks very weak imho
I imagine 162 hp will be available only in Europe.

Hopefully Audi will follow through on this and put pressure on BMW/MB/Lexus/etc. to up the ante even further.

Quick Reply: Audi Plans a Flood of New Modular Models (A7, A5, A2, Q3, Q5) Updated- More on new A7