Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Audi's wild RS3 is go, go, go

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-04, 02:30 PM
LexFather

Old 12-15-04, 02:53 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

They need to permenantly put that blue tape over the inner rear lights and on the bottom of the headlights. When that wrapping comes off, I think its gonna look kinda ugly, jsut like the redesigned A4 looks.
Old 12-15-04, 03:26 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by dj.ctwatt
rumors say that all new audi's will feature the gaping elephant fish mouth that we are seeing on the new models. . . I can't tell from the pics, but is there a nasty gap-toothed jaw under that license plate?
I think the new A4 in black looks really hot The good thing about having a black A4 is that the gapping mouth is not as noticeable. If it's painted any other color (see the blue one 1SickLex posted), it looks like there is too much grill and plastic on the front of it One of the few car designs that made a nice big-mouthed grill is the 300C.
Old 12-15-04, 03:30 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Please oh please God let that blue behind the license plate stay! Also, please let them paint the side molding. Great design, in love with all angles if they do the touch ups like I said.

James
Old 12-15-04, 04:05 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Just check out the S4 for body comparisons...the new B7 will look similar with the exception of the front grill...a freind at the Audi dealer estimated that the RS4 is going to have a couple turbos attached to the S4's V8...I got to see it to believe it.
Old 12-15-04, 06:30 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

front reminds me of my friend's R34...

why is that....blah
Old 12-16-04, 05:01 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally posted by wantAnewLex
OK, so...

The Subaru Legacy GT called...

Count me in, too, on the Subaru arguement. While there is no doubt that the new RS4 will be a nice AWD sport sedan, ( even though I have not actually seen the new RS4 up close or test-driven it ) I can say with confidence that it will probably cost too much and that the AWD Legacy GT Turbo will blow its doors off both in terms of value ( at least $10,000 cheaper ) and in terms of projected reliability. The Legacy will also cost a lot less to service....take a look at what Audi is charging for parts and service nowadays.

And...to top it off.....Audi's new grilles look like Debbie getting ready to do Dallas.

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-16-04 at 05:05 AM.
Old 12-20-04, 11:41 AM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wantAnewLex
OK, so...

The Subaru Legacy GT called...
It makes me want to go blow up my Nissan and make payments with the insurance ...

Looks nothing like a Legacy ...

M.
Old 12-20-04, 11:53 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by whipimpin
It makes me want to go blow up my Nissan and make payments with the insurance ...

Looks nothing like a Legacy ...

M.
Too bad it does.

And that grille/front air dam is going to double as a dog house when parked.
Old 12-20-04, 05:17 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wantAnewLex
Too bad it does.

And that grille/front air dam is going to double as a dog house when parked.
I agree aboout the dog house - but I just don't see how you think the Legacy and the RS4 look alike.

VS.

Aside from slight similarities between headlights ... I fail to see it.

And even if they do appear the same - it's only a credit to Audi, not Subaru, as the Legacy is a much newer design than the current and upcoming A4/RS4.

That said - I'd buy the Legacy GT first - for two reasons:

1.) I doubt I'll ever have enough cash to fork out for something like the RS4.

2.) The Subaru is, without doubt, the more reliable between the two.

If I was in the market for a 3rd car, however, and needed some crazy power and a luxury emblem up front - my money would go for this new RS4.

M.

Last edited by whipimpin; 12-20-04 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-11-06, 07:08 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Audi's wild RS3 is go, go, go

Single wiper and bonnet pins suggest this Audi is a racing car - but it's actually a disguised version of new RS3

Road-ready S3 has also been spied, and huge alloys hint at what buyers can expect when it arrives this year.

Tuesday 9th May 2006

Here's the proof that Audi's RS3 is a racing certainty! Underneath the touring car-style bodywork of this sporty-looking model sits the running gear of the hottest A3 ever produced.

Caught testing close to the manufacturer's headquarters in Ingolstadt, Germany, with virtually no camouflage, the prototype follows recent Audi form by being disguised as a racer.

However, the distinctive single windscreen wiper, quick-release bonnet pins and adjustable front spoiler won't make it on to the production version. These racy additions are simply Audi's attempt to give spy photographers the slip.

As our exclusive picture shows, the much anticipated newcomer will feature a wider track than the standard A3 and has enlarged wheelarches to accommodate the beefier alloys.

The car is being developed by Audi's Sport division - the team responsible for the barnstorming S4 and RS4 - and is scheduled to make its debut in show-rooms late next year.

But while the car's existence is not in doubt, secrecy surrounds the RS3's engine. One option is an uprated version of the Golf R32's V6, which could easily be tuned to give 350bhp. The other alternative Audi has is to modify the 420bhp V8 found in the new RS4. This first glimpse of the RS3 comes just weeks after the maker confirmed that its less powerful stablemate, the S3, will appear before the end of the year.

It will feature a 240bhp version of the firm's 2.0-litre T-FSI turbo engine, and be fitted with quattro four-wheel-drive transmission. Prices for the S3 are set to be around the £30,000 mark; the RS3 will have a £38,000 price tag.
Mike Askew

source : autoexpress.co.uk
Old 05-11-06, 07:47 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Looks hot! From the Euro price, it doesn’t matter which engine they stuff in there, it’ll be expensive.

I wish they’d keep the adjustable front spoiler. I’m sure the aftermarket will offer it, but I’d rather have some true R and D behind it with some wind tunnel testing.
Old 05-11-06, 07:54 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Audi is sure staying one step ahead of all the car makers... The new RS4 is a beast so i can't imagine what the S3 is going to bring to the table..
Old 05-11-06, 07:54 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
It will feature a 240bhp version of the firm's 2.0-litre T-FSI turbo engine, and be fitted with quattro four-wheel-drive transmission. Prices for the S3 are set to be around the £30,000 mark; the RS3 will have a £38,000 price tag.
Yikes! That's pricey!!!
Old 05-11-06, 08:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

looks pretty good there. except the funky grille style on all audis i think their lineup looks pretty darn good

but yeah indeed the price is pretty high, all that for a 2l engine with around 240hp

Quick Reply: Audi's wild RS3 is go, go, go