Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

S550 Sport Package With Chrome Stock 19's

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-06, 09:48 PM
timoc42
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GSKING, if you feel that way, just get the S already ... but make it an AMG to 'kill' your partner.

I once worked for a company whom the 2 managing partners both drives a S-class, and they park it side by side, at the front door.

Just that alone makes a huge statement to visiting clients, especially if you say you are working for yourself.
Old 05-21-06, 09:51 PM
S L I C K
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSKING430
SLICK, no disrespect intended. Maybe you can help me. I'm not a pro by anymeans just want to make the right choice. I just kepp hearing about the S class since my partne owns it. What kind of combacks can I shoot him down with? (: Anyways can you give me some of the key points about the LS as for features and technology thats ahead of MB Thanks
In the end, it all depends on if you want to be flashy and pay $100,000 for a car that'll most likely give you many headaches ( unreliable ) during ownership or if you want to be classy / low-key and pay $100,000 for a car that'll be a pure joy during ownership. As far as technology goes ( even though all of the features haven't been released yet ), go HERE. The 2007 Lexus LS will give you a lot more for the money when compared to the new MB S Class.
Old 05-21-06, 09:51 PM
GSKING430
Driver

Well I just bought the GS430 and put some staggered Lowenharts on it. I'm at least a year out on the next one if that. I don't want to try and compete with him because I am just a fly compared to the king Bee. Him buying the S class is like me buying an energy drink and a tank of gas. I would just like to know a real opinion on both. Not a Lexus favored one. One that can really point out the goods and bads
Attached Thumbnails S550 Sport Package With Chrome Stock 19's-picture-241.jpg  
Old 05-21-06, 11:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GSKING430
rominl,

You really think so? I just appreciate your opinion. I'm kind of torn. I almost bought the LS430 but waited and extra year to get the new GS430 knowing the new LS and S were out of my price range. I feel like a lot of us Lexus people are in denial. I want the LS to be a better car but I think that it when you look at the two the s class has that wow factor. Maybe when I see the LS in person with the right color combo I will change my mind. Have you guys ever bought a brand new Lexus? Well I picked up my 05 GX and 06 GS430 off the truck and let me say for the new LS600 being 100k I find it hard to buy when this 100k thing is rolling off the truck with toyota stickers all over it. I most likey will trade into it next year but still think the S class is better looking and built
no problem, we always appreciate nice and healthy discussions here, that's what we are all about. i am one of the few people who have been able to see the new s class and the ls460 in person, up close, and able to sit in it and also looked around and touch everything. while my review is nothing more than just another out there, maybe it could be more insight.

imho, i think those people, who think 100k for a lexus (toyota) is insane, are the ones who are in denial. please understand i am not directly talking about you, in fact, one of my very close friends also say that and i told him the same.

lexus and toyota are separated already, they are different, and the way lexus is stepping up on the luxury ladder it's not even funny. i sat n the new s class. some might say it's luxury, but ot me it's old, aged, boring, and busy. i could totally feel that it's a luxury car and also its class and status, however i couldn't stop but thinking myself as a 60 yr old man not able to hold my steering wheel straight.

sitting in the ls460, it was so elegant, smooth, modern, comfortable, but yet you also know this car means luxury and you are in a class above most people.

you bring out the current ls430 and the previous generation s class (which i have also sat in and compared with), i actually agree that the ls430 is lacking a bit of class in there, whereas the s class, except the super busy dash, feels more luxury and classy (especially the seats).

but the new ls460 with the new s class i think it's just a totally new game, where lexus is now completely serious about full competition with bmw 7 and mb s, bringing out the lwb and also the v12 competitior 600hl

personally i would really urge you to wait for the ls460 towards the end of the yr, try it out, and do a fair comparison yourself to see which car is better. it's only several months away and i think it's worth the wait.

and personally, i not only want a car that's luxurious, comfortable, very quiet, with tons of electronic gadges, but i always want one that's reliable, tight build quality, efficient, and most of all a nav that actually uses touch screen (ok this one is a joke).

just my 2 cents.
Old 05-22-06, 01:21 AM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

Not really impressed with the new S. It really does not look all that much different than the 00-06 S except the back end (which looks worse on new S). Of course, that also means the new CL will likely look bad (bad as in ugly) (based on spyshots).
Old 05-22-06, 06:22 AM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mjr24
Not really impressed with the new S. It really does not look all that much different than the 00-06 S except the back end (which looks worse on new S). Of course, that also means the new CL will likely look bad (bad as in ugly) (based on spyshots).
IMHO the LS460 in dark colors will be more classy (I've seen both cars in
person as well). The only thing the S has going for it is the Mercedes
prestige factor and that can't be beat. I would be very very afraid of the
electronics though, since the E class is full of Gremlins and this S is
a new model...
Old 05-22-06, 07:48 AM
CHIS350
Pole Position

a very nice suit too hahaha

you have very good taste!

...and FWIW if money were not an issue I'd still take an LS600hL over any AMG s-class in a heartbeat. I just don't like the interior that much.

I think I've said this before but in a few years hybrids are going to be very trendy/chic, and the performance of the new LS will help solidify that.
Old 05-22-06, 08:29 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The new S can be confused with a Maybach. Guess that is not a bad thing I love the previous gen better.
Old 05-22-06, 08:45 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
The new S can be confused with a Maybach. Guess that is not a bad thing
It's a bad thing for Maybach owners. The new S still looks better than the Maybach, but I like the previous S-class better.
Old 05-22-06, 08:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
It's a bad thing for Maybach owners. The new S still looks better than the Maybach, but I like the previous S-class better.
haha, where are all the 300c vs bentley owners?
Old 05-23-06, 02:37 PM
GSKING430
Driver

ok more pics of the S550 by tomorrow
Old 05-24-06, 06:17 PM
GSKING430
Driver

here is one of four new pics of my biz partner Mike he has a CL500 S 500 and S550 he only buys white becuae he says it's an angel protecting him (:
Attached Thumbnails S550 Sport Package With Chrome Stock 19's-dsc00559.jpg  
Old 05-24-06, 06:17 PM
GSKING430
Driver

ok another pic this is two of four
Attached Thumbnails S550 Sport Package With Chrome Stock 19's-dsc00562.jpg  
Old 05-24-06, 06:18 PM
GSKING430
Driver

here is three of four one left
Attached Thumbnails S550 Sport Package With Chrome Stock 19's-dsc00565.jpg  
Old 05-24-06, 06:19 PM
GSKING430
Driver

last one. Let me know if there are any other pics of this car you would like me to take? Next time I see him at our office I will snap some inside and of the wheels
Attached Thumbnails S550 Sport Package With Chrome Stock 19's-dsc00567.jpg  

Quick Reply: S550 Sport Package With Chrome Stock 19's