Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Rolls Royce convert. sold out for 2 years

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-06, 06:16 PM
KneeShoe00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That car is so pimp-status...why wouldn't you want to ride in it? It looks so clean and ofcourse its a RR and we all know RR = Classy Pimp Status.

That car is a drop-top that will make people's jaw drop.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 05-27-06 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-27-06, 06:34 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by KneeShoe00
That car is so pimp-status...why wouldn't you want to ride in it? It looks so clean and ofcourse its a RR and we all know RR = Classy Pimp Status.

That car is a drop-top that will make people's jaw drop.
I ' ve always liked the previous RR & Bentley convertibles, like the Azure & Corniche, old school but classy & have a lot of presense.

As I' ve said before, I like this new Phantom coupe except the front & particularly those funny looking headlights. My guess is they are trying to differentiate the coupe from the sedan more, but tried a little too hard IMHO & makes it look ugly to me.
I don't doubt it's a very nice car & I would drive it if they give it to me But if I have to pay my own, I actually prefer the older Rolls & Bentley convertibles or the new Bentley CGT convertible (if I can even afford that )
Old 05-27-06, 06:49 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
No...I'm not sure it is a case of paying just to say that they have the latest R/R in their driveway.

ANY R/R...even the not-so-latest ones.....are, to some extent, status symbols. My point , though, is that if you want to sell cars you have to BUILD them.
um what part of pre sold didnt you understand....they havent even offically launched them yet...in this case im sure it means build them...since they are hand made....and people have purchased them purely on speculation!!!...therfore if you have ever purchased a first run model of a high end vehicle you will see that there is a PREMIUM...hehe

CEO
Old 05-27-06, 07:09 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by JJG430
i am sorry I don't even know what kind of car you dirve and I mean't to put a smiley by my comment it was a total joke. I am wextrmenly sorry if I was out of line I have the utmost respect for somone with you knowlege.
I'm sure you will have many things to add and car knowledge as well. So...let's get on with CAR CHAT. We talk cars here literally around the clock....it is our passion. Not only Lexus products but almost anything on wheels.
Old 05-27-06, 07:35 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ
If i had 500K , i'd be on that list
It's funny, there are a lot of people with $500k and want this car, it's sold out for two whole years...
Old 05-27-06, 08:39 PM
KneeShoe00
Lexus Test Driver

There is only a handful of converts. that I would drive and the RR 100EX is one of them...

My buddy always said :

"The Only Convertible I Would Get Would Be Hardtop"
Old 05-27-06, 10:11 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KneeShoe00
There is only a handful of converts. that I would drive and the RR 100EX is one of them...

My buddy always said :

"The Only Convertible I Would Get Would Be Hardtop"
Is it a hardtop? I thought it was a ragtop...

No matter what, this ride oozes Pimpittity. I couldn't think of a word for it, so I just made up that one.

"The RR 100EX provides the style and comfort unique to this car. Other automakers such as Bentley and Maybach cannot surpass such levels of pimpittity with their current models."
Old 05-27-06, 10:19 PM
KneeShoe00
Lexus Test Driver

hahah

No, my buddy meant that Hardtop is the only way he would get anything that "you can put the roof down on"

Pimpittitty? AHAHAHAH
Old 05-27-06, 10:26 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Is it a hardtop? I thought it was a ragtop...
Yes, it's ragtop : Spy Photo's
Old 05-27-06, 10:36 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
Yes, it's ragtop : Spy Photo's
I knew it! Thanks.

I prefer hardtops, but for a Rolls Royce, I'd rock it!
Old 05-27-06, 11:45 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Well yall know I love it. Simply nothing like it on the road. Demands your attention. And that old school leather, wood, and chrome?!?! Thats true luxury. Can't get any better than that. Nothing comes close to the level of luxury a Rolls has.

IMO the front end has that "Move bish get out the way" look to it. Its massive and I love it.
Old 05-27-06, 11:53 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

all this talk, and no pics.

Last edited by magneto112; 05-28-06 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-28-06, 12:00 AM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

That car is bad. If you dislike the front end, you are in the high minority I would bet.
Old 05-28-06, 02:58 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
Well yall know I love it. Simply nothing like it on the road. Demands your attention. And that old school leather, wood, and chrome?!?! Thats true luxury. Can't get any better than that. Nothing comes close to the level of luxury a Rolls has.
I grew up with some luxury cars in the 60's and 70's that could equal....or exceed......the smooth, quiet, ride of a Rolls, but nothing could match the quality of the British wood, chrome, and leather you mention. R/R interiors were....and still are.......unique.

The 1969 Lincoln Continental, was, IMO, probably the most luxurious-riding car I ever drove, and the big Buicks of the mid-1960's and big Pontiacs of the late 60's had the smoothest transmissions ( yes...smoother than Cadillac's ) until Lexus came along in 1990.
Old 05-28-06, 09:18 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Originally Posted by JJG430
I serioully need somones help. When are they coming out with a new LX470? As in new body style? My wife is itching for a new SUV and I don't want to buy an 06-07 to see a new one come out Please help I need the scoop
Probably within a couple years, but there is nothing definite at this time. Just a whole bunch of rumors.

Quick Reply: Rolls Royce convert. sold out for 2 years