Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Rolls Royce convert. sold out for 2 years

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-06, 01:05 AM
KneeShoe00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Rolls Royce convert. sold out for 2 years

The Rolls Royce 100EX convertible hasn’t even entered production yet, and already is sold out for the first two years, according to a report by AutoTelegraaf. According to the report, the first trial production run at Goodwood went perfectly to plan. The first 100EX convertibles are expected to roll off the line in the middle of next year.

Pictured above, Jay Leno riding in the 100EX.
Old 05-27-06, 08:22 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

If i had 500K , i'd be on that list
Old 05-27-06, 08:25 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts

The car is nice until you look at it's front end . . .
Old 05-27-06, 10:36 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ
If i had 500K , i'd be on that list
Well, if you had the money to afford it and wanted the car, you SHOULD be able to GET on the list. I blame R/R here for not making enough cars to meet demand, although given the special hand-built nature of many of this car's components, that would not be an easy thing for R/R to do.
But R/R is not alone. Other, much-less-complex and easier-to-build cars are not produced in sufficient quantities to meet demand either, such as the Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Sky, Corvette, and Toyota Prius, resulting in needles waiting lines and price gouging at dealerships. ( though price gouging probably doesn't mean much on a $400,000- $500,000 car to start with ).
Old 05-27-06, 12:08 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, if you had the money to afford it and wanted the car, you SHOULD be able to GET on the list. I blame R/R here for not making enough cars to meet demand, although given the special hand-built nature of many of this car's components, that would not be an easy thing for R/R to do.
But R/R is not alone. Other, much-less-complex and easier-to-build cars are not produced in sufficient quantities to meet demand either, such as the Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Sky, Corvette, and Toyota Prius, resulting in needles waiting lines and price gouging at dealerships. ( though price gouging probably doesn't mean much on a $400,000- $500,000 car to start with ).
price gouging...lol yeah everyone will pay...just to say they have one of the first ones in the area. if not the country.

CEO
Old 05-27-06, 01:42 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JJG430
You have lost your mind!! Tha front end is the signature of Rolls Royce . . .
. . . NOT !!!. That front end does not convey the commanding presence of the Rolls Royce models of the past, nor the elegance,& those headlights are uglier than anything seen on a Rolls ever
Old 05-27-06, 01:47 PM
KneeShoe00
Lexus Test Driver

That car is straight gangstaaaaaaaa status....
Old 05-27-06, 01:48 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

whole point of ultra-luxury exotic cars is that they are hard to get. If anyone could get it, it would be ultra-luxury exotic. Limited production is only way to go...
Old 05-27-06, 02:50 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by KneeShoe00
The Rolls Royce 100EX convertible hasn’t even entered production yet, and already is sold out for the first two years, according to a report by AutoTelegraaf. According to the report, the first trial production run at Goodwood went perfectly to plan. The first 100EX convertibles are expected to roll off the line in the middle of next year.

Pictured above, Jay Leno riding in the 100EX.
lol his chin is so big that u can tell its him from that little pic
haha

how much does this Rolls Royce cost?
Old 05-27-06, 03:08 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
whole point of ultra-luxury exotic cars is that they are hard to get. If anyone could get it, it would be ultra-luxury exotic. Limited production is only way to go...
Well......I understand what you are saying but IMO it is not the way to go. The exotic price alone is going to limit the number of people who can afford something like this. You don't need ultra-limited production to make it even more difficult for people.
Old 05-27-06, 03:11 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by THE_CEO
price gouging...lol yeah everyone will pay...just to say they have one of the first ones in the area. if not the country.

CEO
No...I'm not sure it is a case of paying just to say that they have the latest R/R in their driveway.

ANY R/R...even the not-so-latest ones.....are, to some extent, status symbols. My point , though, is that if you want to sell cars you have to BUILD them.
Old 05-27-06, 03:19 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Well......I understand what you are saying but IMO it is not the way to go. The exotic price alone is going to limit the number of people who can afford something like this. You don't need ultra-limited production to make it even more difficult for people.
well, yes you do actually... A lot of people have money, but not a lot of people can get on the list for vehicle like this...It is actually not an easy thing to buy certain exotic brands no matter how much money you got. Its called exclusivity...

if anyone could get it, wouldnt be fun...
Old 05-27-06, 03:25 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
well, yes you do actually... A lot of people have money, but not a lot of people can get on the list for vehicle like this...It is actually not an easy thing to buy certain exotic brands no matter how much money you got. Its called exclusivity...

if anyone could get it, wouldnt be fun...
Well, is it fun to wait a year or two for your new car to be built? A friend of mine ordered one of the first Porsche Boxsters in March of 1997 and took delivery in April of 1998. The car was already well over one model year old...with the depreciation...by the time he actually got it.
Old 05-27-06, 03:33 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

You drive a womans car your opionion doesn't count
Welcome to Club Lexus. I see you are a new poster, but please avoid comments like this. First of all, the person you directed this comment to.....( LexArazzo ) ......is not only a CL moderator but one of our foremost car experts on CAR CHAT and he does a lot to keep us updated on auto-market news. Second, I can assure you.......his opinon most surely DOES count.....as does yours also if you remain courteous here. Third, just what do you mean by a " woman's " car ? We believe here that a person should buy and drive the vehicle that fits their needs best, and never mind stereotypes. Of course, some cars, like the Beetle Convertible and Mazda Miata, DO have a lot of female drivers but that doesn't necessarily make them a " woman's " car.....or that a male cannot purchase and drive one.

Last edited by mmarshall; 05-27-06 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-27-06, 04:34 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

You have lost your mind!! . . .
You drive a womans car your opionion doesn't count
JJG430, let me remind you that in Club Lexus, we encourage lively debates but do not allow personal comments like the above to other members, moderators or not.
The following is included in the rules that you agreed to when you registered :
Do not smart off to moderators. They are here by choice alone, and have been bestowed the privilege of maintaining this wonderful site, and acting on direct authority from the Owner and Administrator himself to enforce the rules, regulations, etiquette, and desired environment. Harassment of moderators and administrators may result in immediate suspension of your access to our forum.
You are free to disagree with another members' posts, but focus on the content of the posts, not the characterization of the person making the post.
This will not be tolerated, and any more similar comments of this nature from you towards any members, your posts will be deleted, & you may face a temporary or permanent suspension from posting in these forums.

Quick Reply: Rolls Royce convert. sold out for 2 years