Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Porsche Dealers, 45 day supply of Caymen S

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-06, 10:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by knihc2008
Porsche was really dumb making this car more expensive than the already expensive Boxster. What they should have done was priced it lower than the Boxster like all coupes usually are, and then this car would have sold like hotcakes. Can you imagine? It would sell UNBELIEVEABLY well.
indeed, good point there about boxster as well. i always think it's overpriced and it's a bit "porsche wannabe" to me. i guess with the price range it has porsche is forced to price the cayman this way

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
That's why I think the side profile of the Cayman is not too attractive.The roof line doesn't flow too smoothly with the rest of the car.
But looking straight on the front & the rear of the Cayman, I like it better than the 997, the 997 looks too played out from those angles, the Cayman look is more refreshing.
well, a car is about all angles. it's almost like the 3gs imho. from some angles theya re good, but from some, they are so weird
Old 06-13-06, 06:29 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,659 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
well, a car is about all angles. it's almost like the 3gs imho. from some angles theya re good, but from some, they are so weird
What he said. Cayman doens't look so good, particularly from side view. I've no doubt the drive is spectacular though.
Old 06-13-06, 06:31 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,659 Posts

Originally Posted by genearch
Cayman = Sales Failure, but still fun on the track
Boxster = Forever branded as a Porsche with "panties"
Cayenne = While powerful, Their most unreliable vehicle (read the Porsche Forums, owners love them but hate the issues)
997 = Bland, nothing new here. Step up to the 997S or go home
997 S/4S = Getting there, much better looking than the 997. The 997S is "OK" ,The 4S is sweet
GT3 = Huge promise... now that is what a Porsche is all about
997 Turbo = See GT3 comments
Carrera GT = Extreme Sex on wheels
Best post I've ever read of yours Gene. 2 thumbs up, lol.