Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The new trend for idiots. Paint your car in a company logo

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-06, 09:48 AM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CVsGX470
No, No, No, No, No...I re-read my post and THAT is NOT what I meant!!!! Oh, forget it. I am getting away from this post before you get the wrong impression. I WOULD NEVER infer what you thought I was inferring...

Good Day!

CV

hahaha....I knew what you were implying......that all the black dudes were wearing white shirts....right?????
Old 06-02-06, 10:18 AM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

It's not a bad thing that most (not all, most) of the people who do things like that are african american. It's a culture thing. How many black people do you seeing driving ridiculously lifted trucks with flames painted on the side, camo tint on the rear window, duck stickers, glasspack exhaust and boggers driving around? Exactly, it's a culture thing. Candy red paint, 13" wire wheels, hyrdo's... latino's! Again, culture. Saying "The new trend for idiots" isn't fair because in that culture its not "idiotic" to do something like that, when your short on cash and a company will pay you to "pimp your ride" thats being smart, even if it looks ****ing retarded, but IMHO, so do alot of lifted trucks and lowriders.

My 2 cents
Old 06-02-06, 12:54 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IVXX
It's not a bad thing that most (not all, most) of the people who do things like that are african american. It's a culture thing. How many black people do you seeing driving ridiculously lifted trucks with flames painted on the side, camo tint on the rear window, duck stickers, glasspack exhaust and boggers driving around? Exactly, it's a culture thing. Candy red paint, 13" wire wheels, hyrdo's... latino's! Again, culture. Saying "The new trend for idiots" isn't fair because in that culture its not "idiotic" to do something like that, when your short on cash and a company will pay you to "pimp your ride" thats being smart, even if it looks ****ing retarded, but IMHO, so do alot of lifted trucks and lowriders.

My 2 cents

Dude thats no excuse seriously. If its dumb, its dumb pure and simple. Color of the driver and riders is irrevelant.

Every example you listed there goes into my category of ways to ruin a vehicle.
Old 06-02-06, 01:12 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

LOL I see that BS allover here. FYI they are not getting paid thats the newest trend. I seen a simpsons caprice, burgerking montecarlo, dozens of nascar GM cars. Another fad is whats the biggest size wheel you can fit on your car. 22" on assorted cars like montecarlos. Even civics around sport 20" chrome wheels
Old 06-02-06, 01:12 PM
Mwmorph
Driver

Originally Posted by Inabj2
Dude thats no excuse seriously. If its dumb, its dumb pure and simple. Color of the driver and riders is irrevelant.

Every example you listed there goes into my category of ways to ruin a vehicle.
What determines smart and dumb besides this thing called opinion which is very much affected by culture?
Old 06-02-06, 01:39 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Mwmorph
What determines smart and dumb besides this thing called opinion which is very much affected by culture?
If 1SICKLEX says its dumb or ghey, its dumb or ghey, period

Section IV, Paragraph III, Article II

Clublexus Man Law

Old 06-02-06, 01:55 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CleanSC
I see Red Bull Suzuki's all over Miami on a weekly basis. Not sure if there's one, or a fleet of these things but they see it/them all the time. Both X-90's (remember those?) and Vitaras. Kills the utility of the car with the GIANT Red Bull can on the back but hey. .

Usually driven by young girls. Must be some corporate sponsor deal. Been seeing them for years.
Yep Ive seen those exact ones around Jacksonville also. Have you guys seen the Mouse car??? Its like a VW Beetle with a tail and Mickey mouse ears. Ive also seen i think it was a pokemon car in the mall before bright yellow Beetle with the whole works done Ahh here we go:

Ok so it wasnt mickey mouse, but you get the idea:
Old 06-02-06, 02:34 PM
Ichigo
Pole Position

These cars arent any worse than the recent Black Eyed Peas designed Civic... that thing was disgusting. The other band "designed" civics were also just as bad.
Old 06-02-06, 02:59 PM
Milla...

Stupid does what stupid is. Somethings are just out right stupid, period. I can think of a half a dozen sponsored cars I've seen those funky car audio mags that look rediculously stupid where they go waayyy over the top. The cars in the pictures above look stupid even if its to promote a business just the same as the person standing out side in a chicken suit hopping up and down on one foot in front of some chicken shack to get attention, but whats more stupid is to do it and not get paid for it.
Old 06-02-06, 08:14 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive seen the car wraps around here on Hyundais and Kias but havent been fortunate enough to see anything like the Mcdonalds Caprice
Old 06-03-06, 01:19 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mwmorph
\

If you do things to a vehicle that hinder functionality, or performance with absolutely no gain, in any other field.

IE non functional tacky tasting mods.
Old 06-03-06, 05:44 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

I think it looks stupid i live in south florida and most of the times i see these cars i LAUGH .
Old 06-06-06, 12:42 AM
kissbang
Pole Position

OMG it looks so crappy. What's the point of being so high? But I must admit, the Pokemon Beetle is pimp. Haha. How about those "Geek Squad" Mini's?
Old 06-06-06, 05:55 AM
Milla...

Well its an expression, and not all expressions makes sense to all people. For me these painted cars makes no more sense than body piercing the only people that understands it are the people that gets it done and those who think its cool.
Old 06-06-06, 10:09 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How utterly tasteless and classless.

T

Quick Reply: The new trend for idiots. Paint your car in a company logo