Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mercedes dealer rant part II and 1SICKREVIEW of Nissan Pathfinder (its a Benz loaner)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-06, 01:09 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRupp

Why a Benz dealer gives out Nissan trucks is beyond me. I've honestly never heard of a truck as a loaner. I've heard SUV's, but never trucks.

The Pathfinder is an SUV.

But I agree, it's odd that MB would arrange for a Nissan loaner. I doubt something a little more in league w/ MB luxury/interior quality would cost much more than a Pathfinder anyway.

They must have rented it for her or it's a jumbo dealer and they're cheap.

M.
Attached Thumbnails Mercedes dealer rant part II and 1SICKREVIEW of Nissan Pathfinder (its a Benz loaner)-nissan_pathfinder_s4x2_2006_450x225.jpg  
Old 06-10-06, 01:32 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

rofl

Why a Benz dealer gives out Nissan trucks is beyond me. I've honestly never heard of a truck as a loaner. I've heard SUV's, but never trucks. Not even a Chrysler? Wow
The Nissan Pathfinder is an SUV (Sports Utility Vehicle).

Mercedes should be loaning out Mecedes vehicles whether it's a sedan or an SUV but why a Nissan???
Old 06-11-06, 12:44 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by videcormeum

The Pathfinder is an SUV.

But I agree, it's odd that MB would arrange for a Nissan loaner. I doubt something a little more in league w/ MB luxury/interior quality would cost much more than a Pathfinder anyway.

They must have rented it for her or it's a jumbo dealer and they're cheap.

M.
Wouldnt be surprised if they are using an outside rental company such as Avis, Enterprise, Budget, etc. When I worked for Volvo back in the day thats what we did when we ran out of Volvo loaner cars. Tons of Chrysler 300's Magnums, Ford 500's, Jeeps, a Murano, even a Land Rover a few times. It could also be a trade in that they might sell in the future??
Old 06-11-06, 01:55 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Just putting it out there. Some brief observations.
1. My lady friend is getting it in the butt from Mercedes on a monthly basis.
Tell her to come by me, I'll treat her right
Old 06-11-06, 10:54 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

is their an actual 1sick review other then the few words or is that it, I've owned a 96 SE and 2000LE Pathfinder and this new 1 is seriously just a let down, mostly the reason why I bought a V8 4Runner
Old 06-11-06, 12:38 PM
LexFather

rofl

Why a Benz dealer gives out Nissan trucks is beyond me. I've honestly never heard of a truck as a loaner. I've heard SUV's, but never trucks. Not even a Chrysler? Wow
My lady friend was PISSED. Not only b/c it was kinda whack they didn't give her a C230 like last time, but b/c she was complaining she was going out of town that weekend and now she has to fill up a damn SUV for the trip!!! She couldn't understand why she wouldn't get something more fuel efficient as a loaner, she didn't ASK for the Path or was she given any other choices.

Old 06-11-06, 12:52 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by EDGE2
is their an actual 1sick review other then the few words or is that it, I've owned a 96 SE and 2000LE Pathfinder and this new 1 is seriously just a let down, mostly the reason why I bought a V8 4Runner
SOrry, been busy.

Okay, first, I WAS a huge FAN of the previous 3 NISSAN Pathfinders. IMO, great SUVs and the last gen had very nice styling and the interior was really good. The only letdown a small backseat. The Pathfinder, like the Maxima, is another Nissan with pretty much a legendary NAME that is now being abused. The new vehicles are NOTHING LIKE the previous ones, which is a shame.

How Nissan went back 10 steps in styling and in interior quality is beyond me. But hey, people are buyng them, so can't fault Nissan.

1. The 4.0 V-6 puls VERY good, as with nissans with a VQ, the engine is the best part of this vehicle. I felt the car had ample power at all speeds, which for a heavy SUV is pretty good. The SUV has nice big tires, it soaked bumps up okay, not great. It handled decent but its not like I was doing donughts in the parking lot.

2. Styling, I think its okay, not great but I just drove past a Frontier and well, it looks like the cars share the same front end with the giant wheel arch, just with a different grill. Toyota has managed to make the Tacoma and 4-runner look different.
To Nissan's credit, its not ugly at least like may other SUVs and it is slabsided but not in a bad way of say a Pilot or Highlander. It does retain the classic Nissan Pathfinder 2nd doorhandle near the window, to give it a sort of 2 door look if your not into details. I thought that was cool.

3. Interior/Luxury. It didn't have leather but it would not have mattered. I cannot believe this is a new SUV. Its **** poor, its worse that the Mitsubishi SUV (hell I forgot the name) I tested a few months ago. The plastic was so hard it was like steel and any part was easy to shake and move. What kind of glue and screws did they use? The seats were cushy and there was good room in this SUV the rear is a lot larger than the last one.
It had nice air vents in the roof to keep you cool and IMO very EASY to move the seats up and down and around. If your in the backseat, there is a handle on the back of the front seat you can move and the seat drops into a table. I saw I think 3 or 4 lighter plugs, good idea.
The gauges were good to see, the ***** while very cheap were large. Still for over $30,000, its HORRIBLE for the money and worst in class. Its not even just Toyota that shames it, the Explorer kills it and its worse than GM and the Korean interiors.

4. Image, well you can at least say its a Pathfinder, which 10 years ago, meant something when there were only a handful of SUVs around. With seemingly everyone in a MDX or RX or Escalade, the image of this vehicle has dropped considerably.

I can see this truck being $25,000 tops. Seriously, anyone who spent more money than that on this SUV, I recommend get your head examined as there is A LOT better competiton from the Japanese, Americans and now Koreans around.

Overall 6 outta 10

Old 06-11-06, 12:55 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Doh sorry, I was thinking of the Frontier
Old 06-11-06, 05:57 PM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
Wouldnt be surprised if they are using an outside rental company such as Avis, Enterprise, Budget, etc. When I worked for Volvo back in the day thats what we did when we ran out of Volvo loaner cars. Tons of Chrysler 300's Magnums, Ford 500's, Jeeps, a Murano, even a Land Rover a few times. It could also be a trade in that they might sell in the future??
Yeah when they run out of c class, you have to go with whatever enterprise (or other rentals) has. We all know how reliable they are
At least she got a better car. They gave me a cavalier I wrote on their survey, "Wow, "c" class stood for cavalier

You think even S600 owners get better treatment? They get the c class too.

At least with lexus, we have the is, ex, rx, and I almost got an LS one day. Some guy beat me to it.
Old 06-11-06, 09:36 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

this is the first i've heard of this for me...

i usually get a E class or S class whenever i drop off my car for service rarely i get a C......

your friend's dealership sucks the big one
Old 06-12-06, 04:23 AM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

Hey at least she got a Pathfinder, when my gf used to take the E320 to MB of South Atlanta, she would get either a Taurus or a Mitsu Galant as she use to put it 'ok, time to take all the dogs and cats to the vet'
Old 06-12-06, 05:27 AM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

I don't think a C-class in place of an S is unacceptable as a loaner. I'd liken it to receiving an ES in place of an LS or LX which happens all the time. But the Pathfinder or Taurus or Galant ... unacceptable.

M.
Old 06-12-06, 09:02 AM
GS3Tek

Originally Posted by jracerlmn
this is the first i've heard of this for me...

i usually get a E class or S class whenever i drop off my car for service rarely i get a C......

your friend's dealership sucks the big one
If you were speaking to me, the S600 was serviced at Fletcher Jones NB and when I had my S500 it was serviced at House of Imports in Buena Park.

Well a friend of mine got a 7 series for a loaner for her 3 series......and she ended up trading it in and leasing the 7
Old 06-12-06, 09:05 AM
GS3Tek

Originally Posted by videcormeum
I don't think a C-class in place of an S is unacceptable as a loaner. I'd liken it to receiving an ES in place of an LS or LX which happens all the time. But the Pathfinder or Taurus or Galant ... unacceptable.

M.
*Bill Cosby* You see........when tooooo many mb's are getting serviced and needing loaners, they run out of their c class, hence you have to go with their other rental company like enterprise that carries other brand.

I think Hertz is the only rental co. that carries other luxury cars.
Old 06-12-06, 09:19 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The new vehicles are NOTHING LIKE the previous ones, which is a shame.

How Nissan went back 10 steps in styling and in interior quality is beyond me. But hey, people are buyng them, so can't fault Nissan.
In addition to the points you made ( correct ones, I might add ), the new Pathfinder bucked the general trend of new SUV's by converting from a Unibody platform to a truck-style body-on-frame. This, of course, increases its off-road and towing capability, but also just makes for a slightly larger sibling to the hard-core off-roader XTerra. Perhaps Nissan's reasoning was that the car-based, unibody, AWD Murano would essentially take the place of the former unibody Pathfinder.

Quick Reply: Mercedes dealer rant part II and 1SICKREVIEW of Nissan Pathfinder (its a Benz loaner)