Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ferrari FXX for Sale for $4 Million

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-06, 09:45 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Ferrari FXX for Sale for $4 Million

Coming up just a couple grand short of $4 million dollars is one Ferrari FXX, on sale by Exotic Motorcars based in Boynton Beach, FL. The sale of this vehicle is news because all of the 29 FXX models built were supposedly sold to Client Test Drivers, longstanding Ferrari customers chosen by Maranello to become a bonafide part of Team Ferrari through their ownership of this track-bound hotbed of F1 racing technology. Those customers ponied up nearly $1.8 million to own an FXX new, and apparently the car is appreciating nicely after only a year in existence. Exotic Motorcars claims this specific FXX won't be available until December and has 0 miles on the odometer. We're surprised to see an FXX on the open market like this, especially one that seems to include all of the bonus value of owning an FXX, like free housing for your car at the Maranello factory and transportation to various international tracks.

More descriptions, features HERE
Old 06-14-06, 09:57 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

Makes you wonder how they got their hands on it, but it does create a certain niche marketing mystique for Ferrari with one of these things up for auction.
Old 06-14-06, 10:29 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
Coming up just a couple grand short of $4 million dollars is one Ferrari FXX, on sale by Exotic Motorcars based in Boynton Beach, FL. The sale of this vehicle is news because all of the 29 FXX models built were supposedly sold to Client Test Drivers, longstanding Ferrari customers chosen by Maranello to become a bonafide part of Team Ferrari through their ownership of this track-bound hotbed of F1 racing technology. Those customers ponied up nearly $1.8 million to own an FXX new, and apparently the car is appreciating nicely after only a year in existence. Exotic Motorcars claims this specific FXX won't be available until December and has 0 miles on the odometer. We're surprised to see an FXX on the open market like this, especially one that seems to include all of the bonus value of owning an FXX, like free housing for your car at the Maranello factory and transportation to various international tracks.

More descriptions, features HERE
I remember reading in an interview with ferrari that all the uncluding freebies and stuff won't be available to the 2nd owner if the car is sold.
Also, when you want to sell it you 1st have to offer it to Ferrari.
Something is fishy.
Old 06-14-06, 10:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man, even if someone justify 1mil for the normal enzo, damn, 4 times that money for the fxx @_@
Old 06-14-06, 11:34 PM
Lexwang07

Ferrai FXX overprice compares Bugatti Veyron! Veyron so much faster than FXX and also three times cheaper FXX.
Old 06-15-06, 06:12 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

I'll take 2 and a bottle of KY jelly.

CV
Old 06-15-06, 06:16 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

it's a bad@ss car but 4 mil for it? Hmm seems a little steep. I'd like it better if they didn't have all the white graphics on it.
Old 06-15-06, 06:28 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexwang07
Ferrai FXX overprice compares Bugatti Veyron! Veyron so much faster than FXX and also three times cheaper FXX.
not on a track only in top speed and 0-60, veyrons far too heavy to be faster on the track (4000+ lbs)

the FXX is the testbed for R&D of the next ferrari supercar after the enzo, its not just a fixed up enzo
Old 06-15-06, 08:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
not on a track only in top speed and 0-60, veyrons far too heavy to be faster on the track (4000+ lbs)

the FXX is the testbed for R&D of the next ferrari supercar after the enzo, its not just a fixed up enzo
yup i agree. go to a drag race and the veyron will win, but on a track where everything counts, i think the fxx will shine
Old 06-15-06, 12:10 PM
EmRos
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 4 mil price tag for the FXX is for a second hand owner price. As I remember, Ferrari is only allowed to sell their new cars at MSRP. I do wonder if the original owner really paid MSRP for the car.
Old 06-15-06, 10:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by EmRos
The 4 mil price tag for the FXX is for a second hand owner price. As I remember, Ferrari is only allowed to sell their new cars at MSRP. I do wonder if the original owner really paid MSRP for the car.
a lot of times dealership just pay to have someone buy the car, drive for a month, and then the dealership buy it back, and sell it at rocket price
Old 06-16-06, 04:46 PM
Gekko
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Ferrari? Italian trash!