Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mercedes Benz & DCX Sued for Failing to Fix World's Most Expensive 'Broken Car"

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-06, 01:40 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Very sad what these owners must endure on such an otherwise nice car. Sounds like the Acura transmission issue all over again, but at least theirs lasted awhile before having problems. Shame on MB for releasing this product without proper testing. I understand 1st year design bugs, but this is taking it a bit too far. Hope everything works out for those owners.
Lee
Old 06-16-06, 04:51 PM
Gekko
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

this is disgraceful and MB/DCX should be ashamed of themselves. this would never happen with a Lexus - but if it ever did, you know they'd fix it and make it right asap. Reputation is everything.

"All I have in this world is my *****, and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one, jou understand?" - Tony Montana
Old 06-16-06, 05:11 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm not really up on my MB history, but what happened in 92?
Old 06-16-06, 07:03 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRupp
I'm not really up on my MB history, but what happened in 92?
Well, up until 92 Mercedes basically built crappy but very reliable cars but got away with it because everyone else was building even crappier and unreliable cars.

Then Lexus happened. In 1989 Lexus LS400 debuted and slapped mercedes silly in every possible way. Top of the line S class couldn't hold a candle to the LS. Desperately trying to keep up with Lexus, Mercedes rushed to rewamp the S class to make it more modern. However they didnt put in enough time into R&D and did a half assed job. Sure, the car looked nice but it was extermely unreliable, and ever since MB's reliability has been sliding down the hill.

As far as this particular case, I am sure MB is not repairing the car not because they don't want to, but simply because they are incompetent and don't know what to do.
Old 06-16-06, 10:21 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Well, up until 92 Mercedes basically built crappy but very reliable cars but got away with it because everyone else was building even crappier and unreliable cars.

Then Lexus happened. In 1989 Lexus LS400 debuted and slapped mercedes silly in every possible way. Top of the line S class couldn't hold a candle to the LS. Desperately trying to keep up with Lexus, Mercedes rushed to rewamp the S class to make it more modern. However they didnt put in enough time into R&D and did a half assed job. Sure, the car looked nice but it was extermely unreliable, and ever since MB's reliability has been sliding down the hill.

As far as this particular case, I am sure MB is not repairing the car not because they don't want to, but simply because they are incompetent and don't know what to do.
Seems like you hate German cars, especially MB with a passion..
Old 06-17-06, 07:28 AM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha - there's one guy on MB world noting that one may "buy knighthood" should one need MB to take him seriously since MB only responds to professionals apparently.

As for the transmission problems - it's like MB is TRYING to shed market share. They need to stop rushing new tech into their cars.

M.