Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Best place on net for car loan

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-06, 10:39 AM
VitB6
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place on net for car loan

Special Ordered an IS350 bak in April. Got VIN# 2 days ago and delivery scheduled for July 6th-16th. Time to find out the best internet car loan available to compete with Lexus financing at the dealership.

So what wesite has the lowest interest rate for a car loan?
Old 06-16-06, 10:47 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VitB6
Special Ordered an IS350 bak in April. Got VIN# 2 days ago and delivery scheduled for July 6th-16th. Time to find out the best internet car loan available to compete with Lexus financing at the dealership.

What's an "internet car loan"?

Most banks and credit unions that have websites will accept loan applications on their websites. Are you referring to that type of thing? For example, I just checked my credit union's website and they are offering car loans at up to 60 months for 4.70% for borrowers with Tier 1 credit.
Old 06-16-06, 11:06 AM
kloh7
Pole Position

I got my car loan through Costco. Check their website and goodluck. Remember to let them know you are using your own financing and give them the check when you get it so they can process it and you can get your car when it arrives,
Old 06-16-06, 11:10 AM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

If you have access to a credit union, they can sometimes get much cheaper rates. I got my loan thru Navy Federal Credit Union...
Old 06-16-06, 11:53 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

I bought mine using Capital One Auto Finance. I've bought 4 cars through them, and they always give good rates. I highly recommend them. If you have good credit, you can get 5.89% right now.

Javier
Old 06-16-06, 12:43 PM
VitB6
Pole Position

I have no access to a credit union.

Capital One Auto Finance seems good. How does it work? They give you a blank check and you take it to the dealer and pay with it? If I use Capital One do I need to take it to the dealer in advance of delivery?
Old 06-16-06, 12:45 PM
VitB6
Pole Position

And what interest rate can be expected from Lexus for someone with tier 1 credit?
Old 06-16-06, 12:49 PM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i 2nd costco's program. they team up with capital one for good *** intrest rates. and u get a discount also..
Old 06-16-06, 01:20 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

I have no access to a credit union.

Capital One Auto Finance seems good. How does it work? They give you a blank check and you take it to the dealer and pay with it? If I use Capital One do I need to take it to the dealer in advance of delivery?
I've applied for car loans with my credit union over the telephone. I give them the amount I want to borrow and they have usually appoved the loan within 15 minutes; then they overnight me the check made out to me and the car dealer. It's really nice going to the dealership to negotiate the price with cash in hand. By the way, credit union loans are usually at least a percentage point below those of banks. As said before, right now my credit union is offering loans as low as 4.70% for up to 60 months.

By the way, you did not say what rates are being offered by your dealer.

Good luck!
Old 06-16-06, 01:23 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

VitB6 - the way Capital One works is that you request a specific amount from them (request a little more to be safe). They then FedEx you a check, and then you take your "Blank Check" from Capital One to the dealership and drive away with the car. I like buying this way because it gives me a little more leverage ("This is all I'm going to pay. Period.") and I find the dealerships are more likely to deal when there's a check in my pocket. Good luck!

Javier
Old 06-16-06, 02:25 PM
liverichly
Driver School Candidate

There are credit unions that will allow you to sign up for $10 and just require you to keep $20 in a checking account, requirement is that you live in their city, etc.

https://www.yourcreditunion.com/
Old 06-16-06, 02:41 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

I went with Costco as well.............Lexus Finacial could not come close to the rate I got. I provided them with the doccumentation and they said, sorry, we just can't match that rate....

I second the credit union thing.....I found out I could have had .5% lower rate with the CU near my work.... se la vi.
Old 06-16-06, 06:43 PM
darrelld
Driver

I too went with Costco, Lexus couldn't even match the rate.
Old 06-16-06, 07:25 PM
ahohnstein
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take a look at bankrate.com. you can sort by apr % for hundreds of loan originators. one thing, I tried to use CapitalOne auto loan to get my Lexus. I got everything squared away and went to buy it.... they wouldn't take it. It was one of those "blank check" things; you apply for the loan and they overnight the "check" that you fill sign over to the dealer. My saleswoman told me though that it's not really a check but a draft. CapitalOne doesn't make the money immediately available to the dealer and they didn't like that. However, Lexus Financing worked with me and matched my rate (5.65%) once I submitted documentation that another provider was going to offer me that rate.
Old 06-16-06, 08:08 PM
Delmiroc
Driver School Candidate

Use this site, they'll give you the best rates available from different lenders. Definitely recommended

http://www.thelendingtree.com/versio...defaultv5.asp?

Quick Reply: Best place on net for car loan