Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Free Acura MDX Lease with $2M House Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-06, 09:38 AM
JZA80MHU38
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
please save those one in fifty examples, i am talking about majority. by no means am i talking about everyone, but go to communities or cities where houses are all 2million plus and show me what cars they are driving.

i was talking to my friend. back in early 90s when housing was bad, you buy a house and there was a s-class in the garage with the keys already. beat that.

imho, lease for a e350 for 3 yrs is what, 36k? for a 2 mil house, i think that's a reasonable offer. even if it's c class or 3 series i would still call that a bad idea, sorry
Sir, $2 million dollar house is not considered "majority" anyway. Example is example.
It comes down to individual's preference. Some people will live on debt just to get a flashy car to fill up their ego, while some crazily wealthy people just don't care about what car they drive or show up with.

I will not buy any Honda or Acura product, but for some wealthy people or even not so wealthy people who don't need a car to tell who they are, the MDX is a sensible choice.
Old 06-18-06, 10:03 AM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doug_999
The people I know, who have REAL money drive things like Acura TLs and Town and Country minivans. I'm betting that the people who can afford a 2M house WILL look twice at it because it comes with a sensible car.
I live in South Orange County and I see this example more often than not. Some people who can afford $2,000,000 homes can do so because of their sensible purchases.

I live in a neighborhood with house prices that range from $3-10 million and you would be surprised at whats in the garage of some of these houses. I see more Acura, Infiniti and Lexus cars than Mercedes-Benz and BMW combined. Seems like each house here has an average of three cars. One's usually a car like Infiniti, Acura or Lexus. The second is sometimes another Japanese car or an American SUV and the third is likely to be a weekend sports car like a Porsche. It almost seems as if once you get above a certain price level, people could care less about what brand car they are driving.

Last edited by DrUnBiased; 06-18-06 at 10:07 AM.