Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Best Car Salesmen Stories

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-06, 12:22 PM
KneeShoe00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jracerlmn
i love the saleslady that sold all the MBs in my family...

she's so busy she has to schedule her clients to be able to see her to buy a car FROM her...

i also love that when you pull up into a dealership with a nice car the salespeople start eyeing like a vulture and pounce the 2nd you step out....cracks me up every time.

my friend is pretty messed up...we would get baked and he would cruise into the new car sales parking lot very very slowly and cruise right out...the sales people follow his car like a magnet
HAHAahah@ getting baked and messing with salesmen....I do the same thing with some of my friends who make a lot of $$$$ and nobody ever respects "kids", but if you roll up in anything 70K +, oh they will say something to you...but I am too busy laughing and having munchies.
Old 06-20-06, 09:35 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default selling cars

i sell cars and we tell you what you want to hear!!! lol
Yes, this galant will hold its value!
YES, the altima doesn't comsume oil!
YES, you can buy the mazda tribute for 468 a month x60 months.
Old 06-21-06, 06:24 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,334 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Originally Posted by AZDesertGS
I have a quick story for you guys from when I used to sell cars 10 years ago and I will never forget it.

So I'm walking with this couple going to the back lot where all the overflow of cars are and we are chit

chatting about whatever.....and I thought I would light up a cigarette for our little walk. The polite guy I am...I

ask if they mind if I have a cigarette and the lady says "yes". I guess my mind and mouth weren't

communicating that day cause in a couple of seconds I noticed that she had somewhat of a gut so I

said "Oh I'm sorry.....are you pregnant???" and she says "NO!!" As you would guess...brotha man didn't

get a sale that day...lol

The good ol' days of being a scumbag....hahaha (I am much more professional now)
Here's my story :

Some Automobile Sales professionals make $ 175K + a years. Theres is a potential to progress to other positions like sales Manger and GM that make upwards of 2 Million dollars a year. Kinda makes a Educated, Computer Enginner at a software company look Poor with a salary of $ 75K to $125K per year. Saying stupid things like you just said, I can tell you were not Professional, and you were not good at it. I always hear stories like yours and fireballs GS 400, from EX Unprofessional salesmen ( Scumbags ). This is why Professional Auto Sales People get a bad RAP. There are people in all Professions that have no Morals or pride in their job and think it's a joke, typical of American workers.
Old 06-21-06, 07:54 AM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jgscott
Here's my story :

Some Automobile Sales professionals make $ 175K + a years. Theres is a potential to progress to other positions like sales Manger and GM that make upwards of 2 Million dollars a year. Kinda makes a Educated, Computer Enginner at a software company look Poor with a salary of $ 75K to $125K per year. Saying stupid things like you just said, I can tell you were not Professional, and you were not good at it. I always hear stories like yours and fireballs GS 400, from EX Unprofessional salesmen ( Scumbags ). This is why Professional Auto Sales People get a bad RAP. There are people in all Professions that have no Morals or pride in their job and think it's a joke, typical of American workers.
Didn't know I was gonna get someones panties in a bunch with my story. Sorry if I offended you by calling myself a scumbag.....it was a joke

I know a handfull of friends in the car business to this day and my friend did work his way through the ranks to Desk Manager...and makes $250K a year....another still sells car but for 14 years and has his following and makes $125K a year. These guys have also sacrifieced a lot of there time to get where there at. You don't know me....you don't know what I do for a living.....and my car days was over 10 years ago. There are scumbag car guys and there are professional ones......who cares. Get a grip and get a sense of humour
Old 06-21-06, 09:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Here's my story :

okok, let's take it easy, this thread isn't meant to be a flame wars.
Old 06-21-06, 09:09 AM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

2 weeks ago I drove down to a dealership 50 miles away to look at a new truck, trade in my current daily driver. Filled out the credit app, test drove the truck, ready to go. They didn't want to give me enough for my trade, their price was good so I decided to leave and make a few calls to some people I knew were interested in buying my truck earlier. 3 day later I have a guy ready to buy it so I call up the dealership to get in touch with them and adjust my offer to include cash down.

The response, (I still have a copy of the e-mail) We do not close deals in this manner, I would love to say yes but if you are not willing to come in and you want to hold me to my word then you're talking to the wrong dealership. So I will ask you, when do you think you can come down?

WTF, they already know i've been in there, test drove the truck and negotiated with him and his sales manager, they already have my credit app and I assume have ran it. I just didn't want to waste a half day again driving down there to not get a deal done, and I told them "yeah if i'm asking to much to hold you to your word then yes I am talking to the wrong dealership" and I haven't heard a word since. Their loss I guess
Old 06-21-06, 09:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG
2 weeks ago I drove down to a dealership 50 miles away to look at a new truck, trade in my current daily driver. Filled out the credit app, test drove the truck, ready to go. They didn't want to give me enough for my trade, their price was good so I decided to leave and make a few calls to some people I knew were interested in buying my truck earlier. 3 day later I have a guy ready to buy it so I call up the dealership to get in touch with them and adjust my offer to include cash down.

The response, (I still have a copy of the e-mail) We do not close deals in this manner, I would love to say yes but if you are not willing to come in and you want to hold me to my word then you're talking to the wrong dealership. So I will ask you, when do you think you can come down?

WTF, they already know i've been in there, test drove the truck and negotiated with him and his sales manager, they already have my credit app and I assume have ran it. I just didn't want to waste a half day again driving down there to not get a deal done, and I told them "yeah if i'm asking to much to hold you to your word then yes I am talking to the wrong dealership" and I haven't heard a word since. Their loss I guess
you know what i would do if i were you? i would get the trunk elsewhere for the same or even better price

then find a weekend, make sure the manager is there, driver your new trunk over with the tag from another dealreship, stop, go up to the manager, shake his hands, and point him to your car, then say out loud "thank you for not helping me"
Old 06-21-06, 09:32 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

I've owned a few cars in my day.

During the filling out and signing of my paperwork in the Finance Office, I made the salesman stand on his head. (Hey he said he'd stand on his head for a sale.) His face was redder than hell when it came down to the end. Great kid, My Ex bought a car from him the next week.

When I bought my 3000gt VR4, the dealership I was at only had the one, and it was inside with "don't touch" signs all around it. The first cocky guy came up with a "Can I help you?" I said "I would like to see if I fit in this car?" (I'm 6'4)...He says without hesitation, "You don't!!!"
So I look at him and move the sign and open the door, he's all "aahhhhwaithuuhhhhh" I climb in and its perfect, seats all the way back, but perfect. Then I tell him I want to drive it. He laughs and tells me "He doesnt have time for some tire kicking kid." (I look very young). So I get all pissed, my Ex starts to walk out and this other sales kid walks by...I grab him and right in front of the jerk salesman. I go "I have $27,000 cash in her purse, you wanna sell me that car?! My ex pulls open her purse with the zippered bank bag in it.( money from the sale of my 2 jet-skies, and previous car.) The kids like "Come on over here."....I drove the car, in fact took it to lunch w/o the salesman came back, dropped the cash and did all the finance paperwork. Bought the car!!!

I made sure the sales manager knew the whole story with the asshead salesman, and that he should not get any part of the commission. I guess the kid got all the commission and some bonus for selling that car. Good!!!

I have also met the "Blue Genie" from "King of Cars"
Old 06-21-06, 10:36 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,334 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
okok, let's take it easy, this thread isn't meant to be a flame wars.
I feel ya but....... saying I use to be a Senior Moderator, thus I use to be a Scumbag is Flamming.
Old 06-21-06, 12:29 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

I feel ya but....... saying I use to be a Senior Moderator, thus I use to be a Scumbag is Flamming.
That means knock it off. end. finito. stop. thread continuance... take it to pm.

/DONE.

on topic..............
Old 06-21-06, 12:40 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's my story :

Jonny
Old 06-21-06, 12:49 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by neuro4you@
I've owned a few cars in my day.

During the filling out and signing of my paperwork in the Finance Office, I made the salesman stand on his head. (Hey he said he'd stand on his head for a sale.) His face was redder than hell when it came down to the end. Great kid, My Ex bought a car from him the next week.

When I bought my 3000gt VR4, the dealership I was at only had the one, and it was inside with "don't touch" signs all around it. The first cocky guy came up with a "Can I help you?" I said "I would like to see if I fit in this car?" (I'm 6'4)...He says without hesitation, "You don't!!!"
So I look at him and move the sign and open the door, he's all "aahhhhwaithuuhhhhh" I climb in and its perfect, seats all the way back, but perfect. Then I tell him I want to drive it. He laughs and tells me "He doesnt have time for some tire kicking kid." (I look very young). So I get all pissed, my Ex starts to walk out and this other sales kid walks by...I grab him and right in front of the jerk salesman. I go "I have $27,000 cash in her purse, you wanna sell me that car?! My ex pulls open her purse with the zippered bank bag in it.( money from the sale of my 2 jet-skies, and previous car.) The kids like "Come on over here."....I drove the car, in fact took it to lunch w/o the salesman came back, dropped the cash and did all the finance paperwork. Bought the car!!!

I made sure the sales manager knew the whole story with the asshead salesman, and that he should not get any part of the commission. I guess the kid got all the commission and some bonus for selling that car. Good!!!

I have also met the "Blue Genie" from "King of Cars"
They let you drop $27k in cash right there? You didn't get red-flagged?
Old 06-21-06, 03:56 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BrianGS430
They let you drop $27k in cash right there? You didn't get red-flagged?

He told them he had it and then went out on a test drive, you're lucky nobody got the drop on your ***, in my old stomping grounds I don't think you would have made it back to the dealership with that cash.
Old 06-21-06, 04:38 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was looking at the C-Class, and I was told that the C-Class beat the Camry for reliability by JD Power. Amazingly enough, he couldn't find that article when confronted.
Old 06-21-06, 07:25 PM
JZA80MHU38
Lead Lap

At least he's bold enough to lower his ego and compared a Mercedes Benz with a Camry

Quick Reply: Best Car Salesmen Stories