Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Best Car Salesmen Stories

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-06, 06:26 PM
KneeShoe00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Best Car Salesmen Stories

Post Them Here For Comedy/Spewing-Out-Anger/Entertainment Purposes/Etc

One time a carsalesmen told me that a MR2 Spyder (2003) is as fast, if not faster than a E46 M3 @ his comment.

Last edited by KneeShoe00; 06-16-06 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-16-06, 06:38 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by KneeShoe00
Post Them Here For Comedy/Spewing-Out-Anger/Entertainment Purposes/Etc

One time a carsalesmen told me that a MR2 Spyder (2003) is as fast, if not faster than a E46 M3 @ his comment.
Well...the Mister 2 probably IS a little faster around some really sharp curves where the mid-engine layout can work to enhance the steering response. But in most driving situations, I agree....that salesman was just being........well........a SALESMAN.
Old 06-16-06, 06:45 PM
KneeShoe00
Lexus Test Driver

- Salesmen told my dad, "Toyota is just a brand name, they have nothing special. Kia is taking over the car industry and you should pick one up rather than a Camry."
Old 06-16-06, 06:57 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by KneeShoe00
- Salesmen told my dad, "Toyota is just a brand name, they have nothing special. Kia is taking over the car industry and you should pick one up rather than a Camry."
Well....you can tell that salesman ( for me, too, not just you and your dad ) that BOTH companies today make good products. If he wants to find out how or why, invite him to join CAR CHAT.
Old 06-17-06, 03:42 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When I took my NSX into service I was standing in the showroom waiting for the service writer. A new salesman approached me (I know he was new because I never saw him before) and started the usual saleman talk. We talked about the Acura line up and he since I was standing by the MDX he started to tell me this was the best Acura car in the line up and he would drive one himself if he could afford it. I asked him what about the NSX? He told me the NSX was old and over priced and wasn't worth it. I was kind of surprised. I told him what about getting a used one for about $35K? He told me nobody would pay $35K for an old used NSX. I pointed outside the glass showroom window and said I did. He shut the hell up and disappeared. A couple weeks later when I went in for parts he was nowhere to be seen. I've never seen that guy again at the dealership so he either quit or got fired .
Old 06-17-06, 04:07 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

What about some stories from Car salesman?

I had one granpa in looking at Yaris. He looked fairly normal granpa, a bit too quirky maybe.
I started selling him the Yaris.. He loves it. I show him built-in radio that cant be stolen (this was 2-3 years ago, wasnt an normal feature in such cheap car). He loves it. As the car radio theft is an big problem around here, he tells me how his radio got stolen:

- "I can show you my car right now, I had beautiful $500 worth Pioneer radio that they have stolen"
- "Sure, lets go. You see thats why new Yaris is great, you dont have to worry about that"
- "Here it is. Bastards ripped it off. Look at it! I am so pissed off. When I catch them next time..."

He proceeds to take out his hand gun and shows it to me... he continues holding the gun, pointing at me, telling me that he wouldnt have any problems killing the thief, as he already spent 30 years in prison for political murder.
I have to say that he did sound convincing. We spent around 15 minutes with his gun out.

After that every time he was in, I was nowhere to be found.

:-).
Old 06-17-06, 06:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
What about some stories from Car salesman?

I had one granpa in looking at Yaris. He looked fairly normal granpa, a bit too quirky maybe.
I started selling him the Yaris.. He loves it. I show him built-in radio that cant be stolen (this was 2-3 years ago, wasnt an normal feature in such cheap car). He loves it. As the car radio theft is an big problem around here, he tells me how his radio got stolen:

- "I can show you my car right now, I had beautiful $500 worth Pioneer radio that they have stolen"
- "Sure, lets go. You see thats why new Yaris is great, you dont have to worry about that"
- "Here it is. Bastards ripped it off. Look at it! I am so pissed off. When I catch them next time..."

He proceeds to take out his hand gun and shows it to me... he continues holding the gun, pointing at me, telling me that he wouldnt have any problems killing the thief, as he already spent 30 years in prison for political murder.
I have to say that he did sound convincing. We spent around 15 minutes with his gun out.

After that every time he was in, I was nowhere to be found.

:-).
wow thank god you are still alive... damn.....

we drove in the sc430 to look at the odyssey. the sales man started selling the car and started teaching me how memory seat works....... then when we were test driving i said the ride handles pretty good, he said yes when they designed the odyssey, beating handling of the 7 series was their goal.

neatless to say, we left
Old 06-17-06, 06:24 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Let's look at both sides of the coin too, folks.

While there are plenty of shady salespeople and car-selling tactics out there, there are a lot of shady CUSTOMERS too. I have actually seen this. I've seen people bring real junk or cars with accident damage into car dealershipsand try to thinly disguise them as credible trade-ins ( I'm not fooled that easily ) or to try an strike a bargain that doesn't give the poor salesperson ( who often has a family to feed and bills to pay just like anyone else ) a fair compensation or commission for the sale. Unlike with most jobs that pay by the hour or have a salary, at most dealerships ( some of the Saturn ones are exceptions ) salespeople earn only commissions on what they sell.
Of course, it can also be argued that I review and test-drive a lot of cars that I don't buy myself and that doesn't help the sapespeople.....but I often send them customers later, especially if I am impressed with the vehicle. Some of those customers ( with or without my presence there ) may go home with new vehicles. In fact, I have actually been offered referral money by salespeople , but I don't believe in that......I turned it down.
Old 06-17-06, 08:32 PM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

When I bought my Honda Accord Coupe in Wisconsin in 1999, the dealer was a pretty hot-looking lady.
Old 06-19-06, 02:29 PM
KneeShoe00
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MY GS300
When I bought my Honda Accord Coupe in Wisconsin in 1999, the dealer was a pretty hot-looking lady.
hahah great story.
Old 06-19-06, 10:04 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is not a car salesman story, but i was at an autoshop once getting my radiator flushed and the mechanic kept trying to get me to change the fluid in my front AND rear differential, and to service my transfer case on my ES. lol yeah okay.
Old 06-20-06, 03:27 AM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love the saleslady that sold all the MBs in my family...

she's so busy she has to schedule her clients to be able to see her to buy a car FROM her...

i also love that when you pull up into a dealership with a nice car the salespeople start eyeing like a vulture and pounce the 2nd you step out....cracks me up every time.

my friend is pretty messed up...we would get baked and he would cruise into the new car sales parking lot very very slowly and cruise right out...the sales people follow his car like a magnet
Old 06-20-06, 08:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by jracerlmn
i love the saleslady that sold all the MBs in my family...

she's so busy she has to schedule her clients to be able to see her to buy a car FROM her...

i also love that when you pull up into a dealership with a nice car the salespeople start eyeing like a vulture and pounce the 2nd you step out....cracks me up every time.

my friend is pretty messed up...we would get baked and he would cruise into the new car sales parking lot very very slowly and cruise right out...the sales people follow his car like a magnet
i can see what you mean. it's just like when me and my wife rolled in to the honda dealership in our sc430. you could literally hear sales at the bench going "wow"...
Old 06-20-06, 09:16 AM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

I have a quick story for you guys from when I used to sell cars 10 years ago and I will never forget it.

So I'm walking with this couple going to the back lot where all the overflow of cars are and we are chit

chatting about whatever.....and I thought I would light up a cigarette for our little walk. The polite guy I am...I

ask if they mind if I have a cigarette and the lady says "yes". I guess my mind and mouth weren't

communicating that day cause in a couple of seconds I noticed that she had somewhat of a gut so I

said "Oh I'm sorry.....are you pregnant???" and she says "NO!!" As you would guess...brotha man didn't

get a sale that day...lol

The good ol' days of being a scumbag....hahaha (I am much more professional now)
Old 06-20-06, 09:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by AZDesertGS
I have a quick story for you guys from when I used to sell cars 10 years ago and I will never forget it.

So I'm walking with this couple going to the back lot where all the overflow of cars are and we are chit

chatting about whatever.....and I thought I would light up a cigarette for our little walk. The polite guy I am...I

ask if they mind if I have a cigarette and the lady says "yes". I guess my mind and mouth weren't

communicating that day cause in a couple of seconds I noticed that she had somewhat of a gut so I

said "Oh I'm sorry.....are you pregnant???" and she says "NO!!" As you would guess...brotha man didn't

get a sale that day...lol

The good ol' days of being a scumbag....hahaha (I am much more professional now)
HAHAHHAA, ok, that was....... DUMB, LOL

Quick Reply: Best Car Salesmen Stories