Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

GODZILLA.... Is Coming (Nissan GTR!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-06, 09:43 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation GODZILLA.... Is Coming (Nissan GTR!)

It is now circulating among the Nissan faithful and articles such as this one below), that the upcoming VERY ferocious GTR shall actually be shooting for closer to 480hp-500hp!
- it'll most likely be the VQ35 (who even thinks this engine can't be force-fed is dumb).
- They're shooting for low-mid 3 seconds for 0-60.
- possibility of boring the engine to 3.8
- TT for sure
- 70k (better than the previous 75k)
"Godzilla is coming to CRUSH America.... and Germany for that manner!"

In other news, the below is the recent article in Sport Compact..... thanks to my boy mc350Z over on the Z boards:

Old 06-19-06, 09:54 PM
LexFather

I was hyped for this car 5 years ago. In that time, now a new NSX is coming as well as the Lexus LF-A. No doubt this car will be sensational but they need to just bring it, enough with the previews.

And I am GLAD its a Nissan instead of an Infinti.

ANd is it just me but I LOVED this concept, not the new one

Old 06-19-06, 10:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah, i would really say stop talking about bringing the car over. just bring it over damnit... how much talk do we need to do before the car is here. we all want it so bad

and btw, low to mid 3s 0-60? i hope so, and i would believe it when i see it
Old 06-19-06, 10:21 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I think im gonna throw up.....i dont like the new design whatsoever.....
Old 06-19-06, 10:26 PM
LexFather

I thought it was to be a one-off? Its going to be another FM based car. Hopefully this will drive the price down I don't understand, its the first GT-R to share nothing with the sedan, but instead, will share internally with other Nissans.

I must admit, and me being a Supra lover, the GT-R, is gasp, more of a "LEGEND" to me.

What do yall think?

Old 06-19-06, 11:22 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There certainly is a lot of hype around this car, but will Nissan be able to deliver?

I don't doubt it will be a good car, but will enough people line up to drop $70K for
a Nissan? Are there enough loyal Nissan owners out there who are willing to spend
that kind of money for a brand that usually tops out about $35K?

I'm sure there will be a few 350Z owners who will trade up for one. Are there any
people here on Club Lexus who may seriously get one of these?

Give me a Z06 or a 911 instead for this kind of money. TOYOTA, where is the Supra!!!?!?!?!

Last edited by bruce van; 06-20-06 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-20-06, 12:57 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't see a problem with it being a Nissan, but it's sad that a $70k car can't even get a loaner car. (some dealerships might offer Versas or Sentras but that's it.)

$70k is probably alittle too much for a GT-R. I guess it'll be WORTH that much in terms of performance, but I just don't know.
Old 06-20-06, 01:36 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I thought it was to be a one-off? Its going to be another FM based car. Hopefully this will drive the price down I don't understand, its the first GT-R to share nothing with the sedan, but instead, will share internally with other Nissans.

I must admit, and me being a Supra lover, the GT-R, is gasp, more of a "LEGEND" to me.

What do yall think?
Agreed. The GTR has more history and racing heritage. The car has had legendary status for a while not and not since just the GTR as many falsely think...I think...?

I dont think you can get a 911 for 70k or even 75k for that matter so the GTR would beat that in price by about 15k at least. I was just as a Porsche dealer a couple days ago with my gf lookin at the Cayman and didnt see any NEW 911s for 75k...

I think the begging for a Supra needs to stop. Its kind funny and sad at the same time to beg for something that clearly won't happen. But thats ok I gues...
Old 06-20-06, 05:26 AM
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GlobeCLK
I don't see a problem with it being a Nissan, but it's sad that a $70k car can't even get a loaner car. (some dealerships might offer Versas or Sentras but that's it.)

$70k is probably alittle too much for a GT-R. I guess it'll be WORTH that much in terms of performance, but I just don't know.
same goes for the Z06 and the ford GT. imagine taking your GT to the dealership and the mechanic telling you he'll get to your car after he's done workin on the ford focus. lol
btw the GTR looks promising.
Old 06-20-06, 08:30 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
I think the begging for a Supra needs to stop. Its kind funny and sad at the same time to beg for something that clearly won't happen. But thats ok I gues...
True. I think Toyota needs a performance car badly, but it'll go to Lexus (via LF-A and SC). We'll see what will happen in the future.

For now, the GT-R will get a lot of heartrates racing. It will be very interesting to see if it will sell as well as Nissan hopes. It will be very interesting to see how hard it will get hit if other makes and performance models come out after a year of its release...
Old 06-20-06, 08:58 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
...For now, the GT-R will get a lot of heartrates racing. It will be very interesting to see if it will sell as well as Nissan hopes......
If the report that Nissan only plans to sell 1500 of them a year here is true, then it will be a limited production car, & I don't think it will be hard for them to reach that target . . .

As for the car, it's performance is going to be awesome for the price I'm sure, but I'm not impressed by the way it looks. They are going for the brutish look instead of the sleek & sexy looks of some exotics - there's nothing wrong with that, but not in a way that appeals to me from what I' ve seen so far.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 06-20-06 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-20-06, 09:49 AM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

wow! it looks amazing! i would be shivering if i see that coming up from behind... what a beast!
Old 06-20-06, 10:26 AM
Yoko
Driver

Can't wait.
Old 06-20-06, 10:59 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce van
Give me a Z06 or a 911 instead for this kind of money. TOYOTA, where is the Supra!!!?!?!?!
Dont say anything, if you ask them to bring back the supra, they will do with it what nissan did with this GTR, turn a beautiful car into something ugly, sure it might perform good, but it will be ugly as hell.......(that is if they do the same thing nissan did).
Old 06-20-06, 12:58 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

This car seriously looks really good. It will be a real head turner for sure. Hopefully by the time it comes out, ill have the extra cash to get it. To see it in your rear view mirror at night would be scary. It looks soo mean and aggressive. I love it!

Quick Reply: GODZILLA.... Is Coming (Nissan GTR!)