Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan announes prices for 2007 Versa and Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-06 | 02:43 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
CL Folding 25,000

Default Nissan announes prices for 2007 Versa and Maxima

- All-new Entry-level Nissan Versa Starts at an MSRP of $12,450 -

GARDENA, Calif. (June 23, 2006) - Nissan North America, Inc. today announced pricing on the all-new 2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback, which goes on sale June 23 at Nissan dealers nationwide. The starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the newest addition to the Nissan lineup is $12,450 for the Versa 1.8 S with a standard 122-horsepower 1.8-liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine and 6-speed manual transmission.

Three other 2007 Versa Hatchback models are available: the Versa 1.8 S 4-speed automatic transmission (late availability), priced at $13,250; the Versa 1.8 SL 6-speed manual transmission, offered at $14,450; and the Versa 1.8 SL with Nissan’s advanced Xtronic CVT™ (Continuously Variable Transmission), which is priced at $15,450.

The five-passenger Versa represents a dynamic new alternative to current entry-level vehicles. Versa offers a unique combination of class-leading roominess, exceptional interior quality and upscale amenities designed to appeal to a wide range of buyers with a variety of lifestyle needs.

“The all-new 2007 Nissan Versa is a no-compromise subcompact that offers the quality, style, roominess, comfort, performance and amenities that are unexpected in this class and this price range,” said Brad Bradshaw, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division.

Versa’s long list of standard equipment includes an AM/FM/CD audio system, 60/40 split fold-down rear seatbacks, an Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) and both front seat side–impact and side-curtain supplemental air bags.

In addition, the new Versa, which is built on Nissan’s advanced B platform, offers over six feet of interior length and ample cargo volume. Estimated EPA highway/city fuel economy is 30/36 miles per gallon with the CVT transmission.

Versa SL models include standard 15-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, in-dash 6CD autochanger with mp3 playback, auxiliary input jack, remote keyless entry, cruise control with steering wheel controls and soft-touch interior accents. Available optional amenities include Intelligent Key keyless entry/ignition system, Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System, power sunroof and satellite radio.

“The all-new Versa allows small car drivers to have it all in one attractive, affordable package without sacrificing roominess, comfort, style, performance, fuel efficiency or high quality,” said Brad Bradshaw, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division. “Versa provides great value without compromise.”

Available packages for the 2007 Nissan Versa include the Power Package (1.8 S), Convenience Package (1.8 SL), Audio Package (1.8 SL), Sport Package (1.8 SL), Sunroof Package (1.8 SL), Satellite Radio (1.8 SL) and ABS Package (all models). Complete pricing and options are available on the attached sheet.
Old 06-23-06 | 02:49 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
CL Folding 25,000

Nissan Announces Pricing on 2007 Maxima [June 9, 06]

GARDENA, Calif. (June 9, 2006) - Nissan North America, Inc. today announced pricing on the flagship 2007 Nissan Maxima premium sports sedan, which goes on sale June 8 at Nissan dealers nationwide. The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the new Maxima, which features significant interior upgrades and more refined and sculpted exterior, has been increased by just $150 from the 2006 model.

The 2007 Nissan Maxima is available in two well-equipped models: 3.5 SE and 3.5 SL. Starting MSRP for the 2007 Maxima 3.5 SE is $28,050 and $30,300 for the Maxima 3.5 SL. All 2007 Nissan Maximas are equipped with a standard 255-horsepower* 3.5-liter DOHC V6 engine and sport-tuned Xtronic CVT™ (Continuously Variable Transmission).

Among the many enhancements to the Maxima are an upgraded interior with new leather design (SL, SE optional), redesigned seats, new wood-tone trim (SL), new aluminum interior accents (SE) and Fine Vision gauges; improved exterior with a new grille, redesigned headlights, new front and rear bumpers, more aggressive side sills, more prominent rear spoiler (SE, SL optional); new wheel designs and new tailpipe finishers; standard Intelligent Key keyless entry system; and available Rear Sonar System (optional).

Available packages for the 2007 Maxima include the SE Premium Audio Package, SE Sensory Package, SE Driver Preferred Package, SL Driver Preferred Package, SE Elite Package and SL Elite Package. Complete pricing and options are available on the attached sheet.

In North America, Nissan\'s operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. More information on Nissan in North America and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.nissannews.com or by contacting the corporate media line at 310/771-5631.
Old 06-23-06 | 05:35 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Personally, I think the Maxima is one of the best looking cars on the road today. I'm curious what the interior changes look like however as that was a big weak part of the car.
Old 06-23-06 | 06:19 PM
Yoko
Driver

I too think Maxima is one of the best looking cars on road today. My only complaint for this car right now is that they had to switch from a 5 speed Automatic Transmision to a CVT. CVT gives me these drowzy affect on me.
Old 06-23-06 | 08:27 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

That new Maxima looks hot! Especially without that "big block" grille!
Old 06-23-06 | 08:30 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

I love what they did with the maxima. It looks way better
Old 06-24-06 | 02:01 AM
typeshblue
Driver

looks pretty nice we have one at work, it just came in looks better than the previous 05 model, interior is decent looking
Old 06-24-06 | 01:57 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It
CL Folding 1M

Maxima yes, it definately has changed over the years, and not for the worse either. However that other car, doesnt seem that it belongs with the Nissan family....
Old 06-24-06 | 02:23 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

The current-gen Maxima definitely has grown from a 2GS copycat to a more distinctively good-looking car.
Originally Posted by Jewcano
However that other car, doesnt seem that it belongs with the Nissan family....
Well what do you expect...it's a rebadged Renault Mégane.

Old 06-24-06 | 09:27 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
What the hell is that?!? That has an uglier butt than the Solara or any Bimmer I have ever seen...
Old 06-24-06 | 10:10 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

New Maxima interior. Not bad!

Non-wood (SE?) version

Old 06-24-06 | 10:27 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
New Maxima interior. Not bad!
Yeah - I checked it out over at Nissan's website earlier and thought the same thing. But then I built an SE ...

$35,000+ w/ nav ... ARE YOU KIDDING ME ????

There's a long list of vehicles I'd purchase before even considering the Maxima.

Cough - IS, A4, G35, TL, S60, 325i, CTS, Legacy GT ... hell - C230, Passat, Azera, Lucerne, Zephyr, 9-3 sedan, Kia Optima, Ford Fiesta, 5-day-old Chili Dog ...

M.
Old 06-28-06 | 10:35 AM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by videcormeum
Yeah - I checked it out over at Nissan's website earlier and thought the same thing. But then I built an SE ...

There's a long list of vehicles I'd purchase before even considering the Maxima.

Cough - IS, A4, G35, TL, S60, 325i, CTS, Legacy GT ... hell - C230, Passat, Azera, Lucerne, Zephyr, 9-3 sedan, Kia Optima, Ford Fiesta, 5-day-old Chili Dog ...

M.
Really? Well first off, as we know, these cars don't get what they sticker for. That $35K Maxima will be much closer to $30K after a bit. However, cough...
IS - how will you fit people in your back seat?
A4 - see IS comment
G35 - maybe, but you need to wait for the new one - and something tells me that new one will be closer to $40K
TL - great car -hard to argue
S60 - reliability, rear seat room and steering feel (or lack thereof) all come to mind here...
325i - maybe, but it won't have the features of the Maxima for $35K
CTS - RWD vs. FWD - different market segments if you ask me
Legacy GT - really? Great car, but sucks gas like my BMW and is very small inside
Old 06-28-06 | 11:56 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 1M

Originally Posted by videcormeum

M.

Chalk the V6 Camry and Avalon too... much nicer (and more powerful) vehicles.
Old 06-29-06 | 01:29 AM
Kermee
Advanced

Thumbs up

With the Versa relatively late to the game, while it's a welcomed edition to the new breed of sub-compacts, the Yaris & Fit are taking the huge spotlight at the moment. Hopefully the Versa will be able to ride off of all the marketing Toyota & Honda have done. Frankly, if I had to choose between the Yaris, Fit and Versa... the Versa would be my last pick.

On the 2007 Maxima interior shots... I've driven a 1994 Maxima a couple times a few years ago. Holy smokes. I do have to admit though... I've generally liked how the Maxima looks on the outside, especially the recent generation.

Cheers,
Kermee

Quick Reply: Nissan announes prices for 2007 Versa and Maxima