Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

More MB Lemon

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-06, 12:02 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts
Default More MB Lemon

http://www.ppbb.com/scgi-bin/boards/...l?read=1125176

Posted By: royboy
Date: Thursday, 22 June 2006, at 5:44:21 p.m.

In Response To: Auto LEMONS article (radtex)

I can tell you from, personal experience. They are simply as arrogant and non-responsive as a car company can be. The zone rep actually told me that "I am costing Mercedes alot of money by bringing it back so often, but they had no choice but to pay for it". Meanwhile a $65K '04 E500 4matic vibrates and wheel hops to the point that I loath getting into it. My butt actually goes numb from the vibration on a long trip. I told my wife that the only thing missing in this car is a slot for the quarter. Over 40 days in the shop so far for an issue that the service mgr at the dealer clearly admits is a problem and not normal and they basically tell me to go to hell. I bought new tires @ 18000 miles( my expense) and it didn't solve it. Of course, they told me it was the tires and not the car . Never again will I buy an MBUSA product. My first and last Benz. I have owned Lexus and BMW and these companies know how to treat and keep a customer. MBUSA deserves the very low ratings they now have and are doing nothing to rehabilitate their reputation. When I prevail in Lemon Law Court- I will sign the check over to Lexus in front of them. This car is a piece of crap. So far new transfer case. new drive shafts- new alternator- multiple electronic problems- Climate control issues- Radio issues-Suspension issues and more. Worst car I have ever owned. Over 15 service orders.
psst -Hey bud... yeah you- wanna buy a car....? I'll see if it will start and I'll bring it right over.
Old 06-24-06, 12:51 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RA40
Meanwhile a $65K '04 E500 4matic vibrates and wheel hops to the point that I loath getting into it. My butt actually goes numb from the vibration on a long trip. I told my wife that the only thing missing in this car is a slot for the quarter.
Ahahaha!!!

That should be in the E-class sales brochure.

M.
Old 06-24-06, 01:19 PM
SDLS430
Rookie

Every time I see someone with a Mercedes I know it's their first one. Being a past Mercedes owner myself, C32, I know better not to buy another. They are not very sporty, or very luxurious, and to top it off not reliable.

Sam
Old 06-24-06, 01:56 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

I liked the line about the Lexus, brought that warm fuzzy feeling...

Next door neighbor always has a MB S-class but since he leases, it's not a big deal. He buys BMW's though. He dumped his MB M-series for the BMW X. I think he had the Benze maybe 4 months.
Old 06-25-06, 05:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

very sad indeed.... of all the friends i have known with mb, they have switched to bmw or lexus.... and never going back too...
Old 06-25-06, 09:59 PM
GS3Tek

Received 167 Likes on 127 Posts

If MB don't give a ***** about clk gtr's, why should they bother with anything else?
Old 06-25-06, 10:28 PM
rsantiago
Pole Position

Wow, it's no surprise about the quality woes of Benz's lately, it's no brainer that there losing customers to BMW and Lexus.

Funny though that the E-Class from last yr's study was the safest car on the road though.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothrea...ostid=19580950

Only thing Lexus is missing is some serious power on the GS and IS. A la IS460.

Anyways, back to your regular scheduled MBZ bashing program joke...

Last edited by rsantiago; 06-25-06 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-26-06, 12:05 AM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I've always thought that Mercedes cars were built like a tank. I've heard that most of their cars had lots of electrical problems. I'm very thankful I haven't had the experiences that some of the Mercedes owners have. I've had my ES 300 for ten years and it still runs great, very thankful to Lexus indeed...
Old 06-26-06, 12:16 AM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

My family owns a MB S class and we've been pretty pleased with it sofar. There have not been any serious issues with the car. Some minor electrical glitches, which is to be expected from any MB or BMW. I do agree about their service though, it is horrendous, you can get better service purchasing a 20k Hundai versus a 120K MB. Out of Lexus, MB and BMW, MB is definatly the worst when it comes to Customer Serivce. Heck, my MB dealer charges me $50 for a loaner vehicle if I am unable to pick up my car until first thing the next morning, even AFTER the service manager tells me he'd cover the charge. My Lexus dealer does reserve the right to charge if the loaner is brought in late, but they never have.
Old 06-26-06, 08:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramon
My family owns a MB S class and we've been pretty pleased with it sofar. There have not been any serious issues with the car. Some minor electrical glitches, which is to be expected from any MB or BMW. I do agree about their service though, it is horrendous, you can get better service purchasing a 20k Hundai versus a 120K MB. Out of Lexus, MB and BMW, MB is definatly the worst when it comes to Customer Serivce. Heck, my MB dealer charges me $50 for a loaner vehicle if I am unable to pick up my car until first thing the next morning, even AFTER the service manager tells me he'd cover the charge. My Lexus dealer does reserve the right to charge if the loaner is brought in late, but they never have.
all the loaners i have gotten so far from lexus they have been very couteous. as long as i am being reasonable and inform them ahead of time they are good. one time (friday) i brought in my car. i told them though that i had to fly out of town that evening, they said no problem just keep the car over the weekend. WOW

on a side note. i think it's pretty funny to read that "Some minor electrical glitches, which is to be expected from any MB or BMW". dunno, to me i would never buy a car expecting problems... i might be prepared, but expected that sounds funny
Old 06-26-06, 08:47 AM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I have returned the Lexus loaners late many times and never have I been charged a late fee even though it is disclosed at the bottom of the form. I do have to say Lexus can go the extra mile at times and all I can say is that I've been please so far...
Old 06-26-06, 09:37 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

I've become so accustomed to hearing these problems that when I think of these issues with a Lexus, there is no tolerance. For a top seed car company to continually be plagued is Some friends of ours had a E300 and drove it to 110,000K, the car complained all the way. Two years ago they bought a pair of Nissan products, an Altima and Murano. They couldn't be happier.

The one time with Lexus I would have had to pay was when the appointment schedule was booked solid. (At Longo) The gal at the loaner counter told me, normally there isn't a problem so long as I let them know in advance. In this instance, I called 3 days ahead but she told me if the car wasn't back in the2 hour window, I'd be charged $75. (They -had- to have it ( My service rep wasn't able to help either. So rather than schedule that business conference as anticipated, I had to put the client off...so it was a bit of an inconvenience.

I brought it back on time and the car was sitting there for maybe 8 minutes when it went out. I saw maybe 2 other loaners cars on the lot during my visit. Usually they send them down to the Enterprise desk so I dunno what it was with me.
Old 06-26-06, 09:52 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
I've always thought that Mercedes cars were built like a tank. I've heard that most of their cars had lots of electrical problems. I'm very thankful I haven't had the experiences that some of the Mercedes owners have. I've had my ES 300 for ten years and it still runs great, very thankful to Lexus indeed...
the MB from the early 90s and back were the best ones, they were the lexus of reliability of that time, after the merger it went downhill very quickly
Old 06-26-06, 10:33 AM
rsantiago
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
the MB from the early 90s and back were the best ones, they were the lexus of reliability of that time, after the merger it went downhill very quickly
Well, we have to realize that Mercedes could no longer build cars like they used to back in the days, those days are long gone. I mean can you imagine if they still overbuild the E-Class like a tank , LMAO that car would have cost probably around 60k to 80k adjusted for inflation, simply isn't going to work out for them. Hell even Porsche even went into cost cutting themselves.

I gotta say though there would be no AMG or M's w/out Lexus giving German companies a wake up call.

Remember 1998 guys, GS400 the fastest 4 door sedan for that year hehe.. . Then next year Euros went a hp blitz, Benz released the E55, then BMW with the M5. . And so it continues to this day.

Thank god for Competition.

Last edited by rsantiago; 06-26-06 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-26-06, 01:27 PM
LexusLimit
Driver

I don't have any problems w/ my used lexus w/ over 100k miles.

I shouldn't expect any problems if i'm goin to pay $100k for a brand new car.

Quick Reply: More MB Lemon