Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

1SICKRANT:Is it just me or I don't like the look of most new cars/SUVs (NWS pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-06, 11:27 PM
LexFather

Angry 1SICKRANT:Is it just me or I don't like the look of most new cars/SUVs (NWS pics)

Sorry but it seems ugly, ungainly, silly, crazy, no-proportions, copy-cat to death is in.

And I hate it.

After going to a few auto shows this year, seeing cars in pics, now on the road I have come to the conclusion.

We have the most advanced cars ever, wrapped in a bunch of crap.

Some of it has to do with the damn computer. Yes, now we can redesign a car in 3 days and save the company tens of millions, in the process, making tens of millions puke looking at your car.

Where are the clay models?? Where is the old school care? All these companies competing for NEW NEW NEW and RUSH RUSH RUSH, give us CRAP CRAP CRAP.

I'm 28, but also old-school. I like my women nice and natural. I like food cooked in the oven, not in the microwave. I live privacy and not being on a #()$())( camera 70 times a day. I say please and thank you. I'll also punch you right in the jaw instead of suing you. Where are those people and designers???

It seems every car now has to have a GOT DAMN CREASE just to have one. ALL THESE NEW CARS NEED TO BE IRONED!!!!

Wheel-arches are now SO 1960s!!! This is an OLD trend. Its for TRUCKS NOT CARS. It makes stock wheels look like DVDs.

its also a COP OUT to making a crisp side and a COP OUT to make something agressive.

"hey, I got an idea to make this ugly/bland car tough, lets take the wheel arches from a dump truck and add them on"!!

If I see one more Bangle Butt, I will puke. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU LEFT THE GOT DAMN TRUNK OPEN!!! I find myself trying to wave down people "hey ********, your trunk is open, only to see its a new BMW or a Camry, or Hyundai or insert your favorite brand here".

Old 06-26-06, 11:32 PM
LexFather

WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THESE GIANT STOCK GRILLS!??!?!?

Only a GOT DAMN AIRPLANE needs THAT MUCH AIR feeding INTO THE GOT DAMN ENGINE!!!

It looks RIDICULOUS NOW. Seeing a 200hp A3 with a snout bigger than a Range Rover leaves me clueless. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE PREVIOUS AUDI DUAL GRILL WAS FINE

They didn't even HAVE a SUV until recently, but SUV desgin influence that giant grill. Yes, it works well on teh A8, elsewhere, it looks like P-diddys mouth

Its not just them, EVERYONE's GRILL is huge. So don't get mad at rappers. Its teh GOT DAMN auto makers.

TELL ME WAHT IS THE DIFFERENCE?!?!??!

Old 06-26-06, 11:35 PM
LexFather

Next to feel my wrath, Suburu. Find looking cars, sans the odd WRX, which was fine, its a WRX, its an odd car.

But to jump in on this ghey *** industry trend of a corporate face on NON LUXURY cars, we have this triple snout that looks like
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT???? Are the GOT DAMN designers BLIND. That is HORRIFIC. It looks like this

Old 06-26-06, 11:36 PM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Sorry but it seems ugly, ungainly, silly, crazy, no-proportions, copy-cat to death is in.

And I hate it.

After going to a few auto shows this year, seeing cars in pics, now on the road I have come to the conclusion.

We have the most advanced cars ever, wrapped in a bunch of crap.

Some of it has to do with the damn computer. Yes, now we can redesign a car in 3 days and save the company tens of millions, in the process, making tens of millions puke looking at your car.

Where are the clay models?? Where is the old school care? All these companies competing for NEW NEW NEW and RUSH RUSH RUSH, give us CRAP CRAP CRAP.

I'm 28, but also old-school. I like my women nice and natural. I like food cooked in the oven, not in the microwave. I live privacy and not being on a #()$())( camera 70 times a day. I say please and thank you. I'll also punch you right in the jaw instead of suing you. Where are those people and designers???

It seems every car now has to have a GOT DAMN CREASE just to have one. ALL THESE NEW CARS NEED TO BE IRONED!!!!

Wheel-arches are now SO 1960s!!! This is an OLD trend. Its for TRUCKS NOT CARS. It makes stock wheels look like DVDs.

its also a COP OUT to making a crisp side and a COP OUT to make something agressive.

"hey, I got an idea to make this ugly/bland car tough, lets take the wheel arches from a dump truck and add them on"!!

If I see one more Bangle Butt, I will puke. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU LEFT THE GOT DAMN TRUNK OPEN!!! I find myself trying to wave down people "hey ********, your trunk is open, only to see its a new BMW or a Camry, or Hyundai or insert your favorite brand here".

New cars are hella ugly and overdone in styling
How can someone compare this sexy beast

To this ugly piece of crap

OLD SCHOOL > NEW SCHOOL
Old 06-26-06, 11:44 PM
LexFather

Ahhh next, BMW, what the hell is this crap??

You want to know the Got Damn influence. It was Bangle going to work his first day, with a backpack. That is what it is.

It also has a lot to do with obsession with ethnic woman's fat asses. That is right, BMW rears are a combo influence of backpacks and Black/Brazilian asses.

Look
[IMG]

Edited to remove NWS pics. Mike if you get me fired from my job I will hunt you down like the dog you are.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-27-06 at 12:15 PM.

Old 06-26-06, 11:47 PM
LexFather

Hmm, where to next? Thank God Lexus has someone managed NOT to beat their cars with the ugly stick like everyone else, and thank God they have avoided overstyling of interiors like most everyone else.

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.

However, sorry but the LS 430, lovely interior, this is a car with as much style as a slice of wheat bread. Does it sell, yeah, it also puts people that glance at it to sleep. And quite frankly, before the 04 freshning, it looked like a fish

This is an example of TOO LITTLE STYLE

Thank GOD the new LS has some style, though it does have some of that Brazillian ***!!

Old 06-26-06, 11:51 PM
LexFather

Mercedes believes wheel arches are the keys to sucess, as well as random lines everywhere. The previous C/E/S/CLK/SL(current) etc are all damn near perfect.

Seems having beautiful cars is too easy, so they want to make ones that you have to add 35" rims and an AMG bodykit to look good.

WHEEL ARCHES[IMG]http://www.mustangclubofohio.com/gallery/2000GT%204.JPG[/IMG]

Old 06-27-06, 12:00 AM
LexFather

This guy HAS to be getting checks from Mazda and Acura

15k Mazda3

50k Acura RL

OH SNAP, TOYOTA CAMRY!!!

Old 06-27-06, 12:03 AM
LexFather

I won't even go into this blatant knock-off

ANd if your SUPER DOOPER GHEY, You can guy the RR grill, b/c the BENTLEY ONE is for people that are not cool like you.

Old 06-27-06, 12:03 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally believe we're coming out of an age of bland car styling and design and just stepping into an exciting new age of modern, different design. And, quite frankly, we have Bangle, with his surfacing techniques and out-of-the-box thinking to thank for it.

I happen to be a huge fan of the rear of the 6-series. I'm sure you have seen one in person. I think it looks great in person. It is sporty and mean, unlike anything else on the road. Not only that, it's an amazingly thought out compromise between aerodynamics and trunk space.

Creases are by no means "random." The creases on the CLS, S, CL, etc etc all peak above the rear wheel, to convey rear wheel drive, and rear wheel strength. This is by all means more attractive than the "ironed out" look you were talking about, an example being the LS you posted.

I say we're coming out of a boring age of design because quite frankly all old designs looked about the same up til now. The 7 series posted earlier looked exactly like the 5 series, which looked exactly like the 3 series. And the boxy, teutonic look of them, with squared off corners, headlamps, and greenhouses, looked like Mercedes, which also looked like the squared off Camrys of the two generations ago. Now we have a prolific amount of different designs, shapes that stir controversy as well as praise.

New design isn't as safe as before. It's not as immediately friendly because it is not as boring and thoughtless. Design nowadays is more daring and more opinionated. They stir debate and comparison. And that, in my opinion, is a good thing. Design doing its job perfectly well.
Old 06-27-06, 12:04 AM
LexFather

I am tired and going to bed to continue tomorrow night. I swear to GOD the SC 300/400 is looking better and BETTER every day along with the last gen BMWs/Benzs/Audii's and insert your favorite car brand here

Old 06-27-06, 12:08 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by knihc2008
I personally believe we're coming out of an age of bland car styling and design and just stepping into an exciting new age of modern, different design. And, quite frankly, we have Bangle, with his surfacing techniques and out-of-the-box thinking to thank for it.

I happen to be a huge fan of the rear of the 6-series. I'm sure you have seen one in person. I think it looks great in person. It is sporty and mean, unlike anything else on the road. Not only that, it's an amazingly thought out compromise between aerodynamics and trunk space.

Creases are by no means "random." The creases on the CLS, S, CL, etc etc all peak above the rear wheel, to convey rear wheel drive, and rear wheel strength. This is by all means more attractive than the "ironed out" look you were talking about, an example being the LS you posted.

I say we're coming out of a boring age of design because quite frankly all old designs looked about the same up til now. The 7 series posted earlier looked exactly like the 5 series, which looked exactly like the 3 series. And the boxy, teutonic look of them, with squared off corners, headlamps, and greenhouses, looked like Mercedes, which also looked like the squared off Camrys of the two generations ago. Now we have a prolific amount of different designs, shapes that stir controversy as well as praise.

New design isn't as safe as before. It's not as immediately friendly because it is not as boring and thoughtless. Design nowadays is more daring and more opinionated. They stir debate and comparison. And that, in my opinion, is a good thing. Design doing its job perfectly well.

And I can see your point, they do make people talk, they are "HEY LOOK AT ME (think VW commercial) and they are different.

But guess what, the designs of BEFORE, were considered revolutionary, just they did it with class and care, not just BLATANT, WE HAVE TO BE DIFFERENT for the sake of it. I am sure there were people that didn't like the previous designs.

I think people that hated them called them "jelly beans" or the egg look, all cars were rounded.

However, its like the guy in the club with the bright green armani outfit 3 sizes to small with holes and it looks dirty, though he paid $1,000 for his shirt. He's standing out, we know it cost money, but is it different? Or is it "hey look at me" for the wrong reasons?

Old 06-27-06, 12:11 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

In response to your post, 1SICKLEX, about grilles all having the same pentagonal look, all I can say is that pentagons are the new square. The "old school" look was just as boring, even more so.

Rectangles everywhere!

More rectangles!

MAS RECTANGLES POR FAVOR

MMM hmm.

"Old School" design was boring.
Old 06-27-06, 12:15 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by knihc2008
In response to your post, 1SICKLEX, about grilles all having the same pentagonal look, all I can say is that pentagons are the new square. The "old school" look was just as boring, even more so.

Rectangles everywhere!

More rectangles!

MAS RECTANGLES POR FAVOR

MMM hmm.

"Old School" design was boring.

good post, not arguing that point at all. But IMO, look at that Legend, what a beauty! And it attracts attention, without having to say "HEY, LOOK PLEASE LOOK AT ME".

Old 06-27-06, 12:19 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
But guess what, the designs of BEFORE, were considered revolutionary, just they did it with class and care, not just BLATANT, WE HAVE TO BE DIFFERENT for the sake of it. I am sure there were people that didn't like the previous designs.

I think people that hated them called them "jelly beans" or the egg look, all cars were rounded.

However, its like the guy in the club with the bright green armani outfit 3 sizes to small with holes and it looks dirty, though he paid $1,000 for his shirt. He's standing out, we know it cost money, but is it different? Or is it "hey look at me" for the wrong reasons?
Most revolutionary designs of yore were considered revolutionary only because they weren't square. The SC300/400, the Taurus, the E-Class, etc. All other cars of the time were just square boxes, as I posted above. Revolutionary = not square. That's it. And quite frankly, can you imagine the vehicles we'd be driving if that was the extent of our imagination?

Thankfully, it was not. We've got stunning shapes now, and not because they're just round. Look at the rear taillamp of the IS. Look at the layered bustle of the 6er. Look at the sharpness of the crease-arrow of the 3er. Admittedly, there is some design that is just appalling. The Escalade screams out gangsta-grilles, as you pointed out, but that's because that's what Escalades DO. They're supposed to be the king of bling. They always have been. So in that sense, the designers have done their job perfectly, havent they? Same with the 300C (and aftermarket suppliers of grilles don't count, of course!): It's supposed to be bling, it's supposed to be imposing, it's supposed be mobster like. And, honestly, it's a lot better looking than the 300M and Concorde, is it not?

Quick Reply: 1SICKRANT:Is it just me or I don't like the look of most new cars/SUVs (NWS pics)