Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Jaguar XKR Revealed ( Supercharged, 400+ hp )

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-06, 10:59 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 224 Likes on 152 Posts
Default Jaguar XKR Revealed ( Supercharged, 400+ hp )

The first images of the 2007 Jaguar XKR have leaked online. The car is believed to have a 400+ horsepower supercharged V8 engine. It will be offered in coupe and convertible variants. So far, our images only show the cabriolet. We expect more details will be released in the coming hours or days.

source : leftlanenews
Old 06-28-06, 11:01 AM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it just me or does the front end make it appear as if the car has a surprised look on its face?
Old 06-28-06, 12:23 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Doesn't really do it for me to be honest
Old 06-28-06, 01:28 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What was supposed to be elegant and sexy has been destroyed by a GM-like ghetto grill. What happened?!?

That doesn't exhibit sleek sportiness; it's overdone...
Old 06-28-06, 01:32 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The XK is already not exactly setting the world on fire with sales. What actually worked pretty well on other cars just isn't working on the XK, like the mesh grill. I guess Jag is pretty well out of ideas. A pity. I didn't care for the ride of the new one and I have to believe that the XKR will be more "sporty", i.e. ride like a buckboard.
Old 06-28-06, 01:48 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

It doesnt even look that differnt from the regular XK. Different grill, foglights, and bigger exhaust are the only changes I see. With that siad I still think it looks great.
Old 06-28-06, 01:56 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

I absolutely love the looks of this car. The styling and proportions are outstanding. Classy and
not in your face like a lot of cars out there. I would definitely get this over the BMW 6 series.
Old 06-28-06, 10:45 PM
LexFather

It looks nice but is it just me or I was waiting to be knocked out and floored.

Maybe the coupe version.

Old 06-29-06, 05:55 AM
jdmdaddy
Lead Lap

Eh, it's aight. I've never been a huge fan of Jag's. I'm sure once someone puts some rims on and a drop it'll look great-but until then, the car gets

-Craig
Old 06-29-06, 10:23 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Default More leaked images . . .

Old 06-29-06, 10:43 AM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Look at the trunk lid - anybody else see a fitment problem? Look particularly at the passenger tail light - it's not aligned properly.

It better not show up at dealers w/ problems like that.

Otherwise, beautiful car.

M.
Old 06-29-06, 10:47 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default The coupe looks sooo much better...

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
...than the convertible.

As for the trunk fitment, I can definately see it, but I don't think that's my biggest concern with the car's design...
Old 06-29-06, 01:24 PM
Yoko
Driver

I actually think this car looks quite good.
Old 06-29-06, 01:34 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Yoko
I actually think this car looks quite good.

me too, i think its a hot car that i wouldnt mind having
Old 06-30-06, 07:25 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Default Coupe . . .

Text & Photos courtesy Jaguar
edited 06-30-2006

Jaguar is proud to unveil its new supercharged sports car – the Jaguar XKR. Building on the excellence of the all-new XK introduced in late 2005, the XKR takes the Jaguar experience to new heights.

Like the normally aspirated XK model, the new XKR makes intelligent use of practical, modern technology such as its industry-leading aluminium monocoque body structure. In addition, an uprated 420bhp (SAE) supercharged V8 engine and class-leading calibration of its state-of-the-art, six-speed automatic transmission bring it a level of accessible, real-world performance that makes the XKR the most impressive, everyday, sporting GT in its class.

And the XKR’s powerful statement of intent is emphatically reinforced by enhanced sporting styling cues such as a unique front bumper, aluminium-finish grilles and bonnet louvers; unique 19 and 20-inch alloy wheel designs and a quad-exhaust system add to its overall presence.

"The new supercharged XKR captures perfectly the essence of what makes a Jaguar XK so special," commented Bibiana Boerio, Jaguar Cars managing director. "It is a flawless combination of refined Grand Tourer and serious performance sports car, that delivers a truly rewarding and exhilarating driving experience."

NEW JAGUAR XKR AT A GLANCE
New supercharged Jaguar XK sports car – the XKR, available as a Coupe or Convertible

All the attractions and attributes of the XK – but amplified in the ‘R’ to complement the extra power and performance

4.2-litre, supercharged V8 engine developing 420bhp and 560Nm of torque

0-60mph time of 4.9 seconds and 155mph (electronically limited) top speed. 50-70mph in just 2.5 seconds

All-aluminium construction means a lighter, stiffer car, improving handling and agility. At 1665kg, the Coupe is 70kg lighter than its predecessor, while the 1715kg Convertible is 100kg lighter than the previous convertible XKR

Uprated springs and dampers and recalibrated Computer Active Technology Suspension system for enhanced ride and handling

Class-leading six-speed automatic transmission with steering-wheel-mounted ‘paddles’ for ultra-quick gear shifts

Active Exhaust System to ensure cruising speed refinement but purposeful V8 roar under hard acceleration.

Subtle XKR exterior styling enhancements include a sportier grille and front bumper design, louvred bonnet, unique aluminium-effect side power vents and new wheel designs

Enhanced interior includes unique aluminium ‘weave’ design on the fascia (polished burr walnut is optional at no extra cost) and XKR sports seats

Intuitive controls and driver-focussed technologies are available – including Keyless Entry, Keyless Start, advanced Touchscreen and Active Front Lighting

Occupies unique market position, with performance to match rivals costing up to £30,000 more but price to match less well-performing rival models

In summary, the epitome of a contemporary Jaguar Grand Touring sports car and a perfect illustration of the marque’s philosophy of building beautiful, fast cars

Available to order from July onwards, with prices starting at £67,495 – a premium of just 12.5% over the normally aspirated XK

Long article with a lot more details HERE