Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cars of the most Obnoxious Rude Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-06, 08:33 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Around here they are

1. Soccer Moms in HUGE SUV's or Minivans
2. Dudes in SUV's on their C-Phones.

Yeah, Tampa has a HUGE quantity of SUV's and Minivans... so that's about right.
Old 06-30-06, 08:40 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No one mentioned the H2 and H3
Old 06-30-06, 10:03 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

according to all the replies posted so far, there are all different kind of obnoxious rude drivers including drivers from all different made and models of pickup trucks, honda, mb, bmw, mustang, mini van, H2, H3.and etc.. EXCEPT for lexus drivers....
Old 06-30-06, 10:18 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Mustang, Civic, and jetta
Old 07-01-06, 03:41 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by newr
according to all the replies posted so far, there are all different kind of obnoxious rude drivers including drivers from all different made and models of pickup trucks, honda, mb, bmw, mustang, mini van, H2, H3.and etc.. EXCEPT for lexus drivers....
I've run into my share of rude Lexus drivers. I think it just depends on where you are located. The popular cars in your area will always have the most rude drivers since they are the majority. For me, it changes, but right now I'm really irritated with the Scion xB drivers.
Old 07-01-06, 04:50 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by newr
I've come across my share of obnoxious Lexus drivers. Those are the ones who think driving a high end car gives them the right be rude, obnoxious or just plain bad drivers.
Then there are the Lexus drivers that won't say Hi to a fellow Lexus driver. No kindred spirit.
Old 07-01-06, 08:43 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i will add to the fray and say that around southern california asian mothers in lexus vehicles are some of the worst drivers ever.

but as far as rude and obnoxious driving, i most definitely add to the lifted trucks, or in some cases, groady dropped trucks that are scraping speedbumps.

the honda thing isn't as bad where i live--but there are always a few trying to be cool with their hatchbacks. (or just being cool without a hatchback but an older model while smoking with their friends...)

maybe i'm just lucky, but most drivers near where i live aren't entirely rude or obnoxious (then again, i've gotten used to California drivers...)--usually the ones that annoy are the korean mothers with the white driving gloves and faceshades driving previous and current generation lexus models at 60mph in the fast lane. (or other various asian mothers) some are even bad to the point that MY mother (who is korean...) is frustrated and insults herself in a general way of "i KNEW IT! She HAS to be korean!" while passing a ridiculously slow driver (and she never passes anyone).
Old 07-01-06, 09:19 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

SUVs and trucks, drive around here like its the fastest thing on 4 wheels, raise our gas prices even more please
Old 07-01-06, 09:23 AM
GS3Tek

Received 167 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by whoster
i will add to the fray and say that around southern california asian mothers in lexus vehicles are some of the worst drivers ever.

but as far as rude and obnoxious driving, i most definitely add to the lifted trucks, or in some cases, groady dropped trucks that are scraping speedbumps.

the honda thing isn't as bad where i live--but there are always a few trying to be cool with their hatchbacks. (or just being cool without a hatchback but an older model while smoking with their friends...)

maybe i'm just lucky, but most drivers near where i live aren't entirely rude or obnoxious (then again, i've gotten used to California drivers...)--usually the ones that annoy are the korean mothers with the white driving gloves and faceshades driving previous and current generation lexus models at 60mph in the fast lane. (or other various asian mothers) some are even bad to the point that MY mother (who is korean...) is frustrated and insults herself in a general way of "i KNEW IT! She HAS to be korean!" while passing a ridiculously slow driver (and she never passes anyone).
Ahhh, the vampire-syndrome. They're totallllllly afraid of the sunlight and getting the slightest tan on the left arm Has to be a CA thing! Anybody in the hot states see this at all???

Just yesterday, I saw a lady with a seat cushion tied to her window and yes wearing those wedding gloves that cover your whole arm! Shhhhhht! How in the world can she see????
I wish I had my cameras for you guys to see This is very dangerous b/c this is totally a blind spot if she needs to look to the left to make any left lane change. A cop needs to pull her over for this. And we get ticketed for front tinted windows???

And the tail-gater lifted trucks that wants to own the road
Old 07-01-06, 11:44 AM
Gekko
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

-

"lifted trucks" must be a CA thing. we don't seem to have this menace on the east coast.

we do have plenty of clueless housewife yenta soccer moms in ****HUGE**** SUVs who insist on holding their cell phone to their ear and yapping away gossip while blindly backing up their monstrosities in the supermarket parking lot and almost hitting you and anything else that gets in their way. when they run over curbs it's hilarious. i agree with the other poster - please raise our gas prices more to further punish these yentas.

however, my original post was referring to people who like to play "jack rabbit" or "speed racer" on the streets. they tailgate, cut you off, cut in front of you, pass into your safety margin (1-2 car lengths) etc. it's like "hey a$$hole, that's how accidents happen!"

Last edited by Gekko; 07-01-06 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-01-06, 11:47 AM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

The following two are the rudest in general in my opinion:

BMW 3-series
Honda Civic
Old 07-01-06, 12:02 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Magneto is correct. Mustang V8's ( GT's, Cobras, SVT's etc.....) are the absolute WORST....by a big margin. ( I've commented on this before in CL ). Next comes the 3-series BMW. Next comes the 5-series BMW. Next comes the Camaro SS/Z28. Next comes the Firebird Formula/ Trans-Am. Those, without question, are the top 5 in the American market......don't know about overseas.
Now......before some of you guys start beating me over the head for this, that does NOT mean that there are not some good, courteous drivers in these cars...there are. But those 5 vehicles, in my experience, carry the lion's share of aggressive drivers. About 50% of ALL aggressive driving I see is in V8 Mustangs....and many of the fatal teenage accidents as well.
Old 07-01-06, 02:43 PM
LexFather

Thumbs down

Chevrolet, Honda, Acura, Nissan. I really think the marketing department should get a raise for the way they drive. They really think they are in BMWs or something. No signal, cut off, rude, don't let you in, slow in the fast lane or speeding for no reason. The worst, I literally have confrontations, mostly Accord owners, especially the new ones.

IMO, BMW drivers are cool, rarely doing something silly and quite frankly I rarely seem them pushed. I find Lexus drivers cool but some won't let you in I noticed. Benz drivers to me stay to themselves.

I do think the new crop of Hyundais has produced aggressive drivers as well. Rarely do I see a Toyota pushed or driven by someone rude.

Old 07-01-06, 03:25 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Chevrolet, Honda, Acura, Nissan. I really think the marketing department should get a raise for the way they drive. They really think they are in BMWs or something. No signal, cut off, rude, don't let you in, slow in the fast lane or speeding for no reason. The worst, I literally have confrontations, mostly Accord owners, especially the new ones.

IMO, BMW drivers are cool, rarely doing something silly and quite frankly I rarely seem them pushed. I find Lexus drivers cool but some won't let you in I noticed. Benz drivers to me stay to themselves.

I do think the new crop of Hyundais has produced aggressive drivers as well. Rarely do I see a Toyota pushed or driven by someone rude.
You don't see a lot of high-powered Mustang drivers doing crazy things, 1SICK? Where I live they are one of the chief causes of auto fatalities among teens and young adults.
Old 07-01-06, 09:41 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
You don't see a lot of high-powered Mustang drivers doing crazy things, 1SICK? Where I live they are one of the chief causes of auto fatalities among teens and young adults.
Funny, a V-6 Mustang with Altezzas tried to instigate a race with me in S.C on the way to DaveGS4's house. I was like "your kidding right".

The reason I don't have a problem with it per-se, its a Mustang, so i know there will be some aggresive and unruly drivers. Goes with the car (and read their forums for 10 seconds)

What I don't get is the 4-cylinder or even V-6 family cars, Impala, Malibu, Altimas, Accords mostly, driven by maniacs. They need to deal with reality. Its not a sporty car.

Quick Reply: Cars of the most Obnoxious Rude Drivers