Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cars of the most Obnoxious Rude Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-06, 10:18 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Magneto is correct. Mustang V8's ( GT's, Cobras, SVT's etc.....) are the absolute WORST....by a big margin. ( I've commented on this before in CL ). Next comes the 3-series BMW. Next comes the 5-series BMW. Next comes the Camaro SS/Z28. Next comes the Firebird Formula/ Trans-Am. Those, without question, are the top 5 in the American market......don't know about overseas.
Now......before some of you guys start beating me over the head for this, that does NOT mean that there are not some good, courteous drivers in these cars...there are. But those 5 vehicles, in my experience, carry the lion's share of aggressive drivers. About 50% of ALL aggressive driving I see is in V8 Mustangs....and many of the fatal teenage accidents as well.
So, So True. Its not even funny. Whenever I see a Mustang approaching I pull at least 2 lanes over 'cause I know something stupid is about to happen. And yes as has been mentioned before you must put VW's on the list somewhere. Oh and we all know about the "Men In Minvan" complex. I won't waste keystrokes on that one.
Old 07-01-06, 11:17 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Living in So. Cal, we have the rude drivers occupying every type of vehicle imaginable so I'm sure it's all covered.

For a general observation since I started driving...I'd say BMW 3 and particularly if it's a young kid. Usually pedal happy.
Old 07-02-06, 12:05 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

BMW X5!!! I don't know but I can never get along with BMW X5 drivers!!!

Probably then another BMW or Acura.
Old 07-02-06, 12:29 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Toyota Camry and Corolla drivers are the worst. Simply, because they seem to attract drivers who dont know how to drive. Its pathetic; I hate being around people who drive these cars because I always feel they are going to pull some stupid a$$ lane change or something unknowingly. I think it just has something to do with the types of drivers though. Im not being racists so Im not going to name any here but there are two I cant distinctly think of. Mine friends and I have talked about this and some to the same concensus. Stay away from Corollas and Camrys of all trims and years!
Old 07-02-06, 01:14 AM
JJG2005
Lead Lap

All Mustang drivers I know are complete retards... same with most evo drivers, and some SRT4s
Old 07-02-06, 01:34 AM
GStateOM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gekko
-

Do you find that drivers of certain cars are typically more obnoxious, aggressive and rude than your average driver?

My votes:

1. VW Jetta or Passat
2. BMW 3-Series
I fully agree with those. Particularly those Jetta's and Golf's. Though they can be modded fast, they also want everyone to know about it by trying to go at it with anyone at anytime and any place. This kid in a Golf R32 even rev'd at me when I was in my freakin' Toyota Tundra! This was while there were pedestrians all over the sidewalk. I guess he thought I was as stupid as he was. . Guy ended up flooring it anyway. Probably did like 90 on a 45 zone.

Once a 328i tried to race me but I wouldn't. Surprisingly a riced out early 90's Integra comes out of the blue & off they went.

Funny how I don't see M3's & M5's trying to start up this type of stuff, but plenty of 328i's and 530i's.

Of course not everyone with those cars do these things. But I just had to vent.
Old 07-02-06, 12:12 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

1) Any SUV (driver is either talking on the phone, clueless, or really aggressive)
2) Subaru WRX
3) Ford Ranger
Old 07-02-06, 12:44 PM
3m ta3
Lead Lap

most drivers in south fl.lol
Old 07-02-06, 12:50 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

In NYC I would say those in Ford Explorers
Old 07-02-06, 12:59 PM
LexT
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The most arrogant, annoying, abnoxious people I know drive BMW 3, 5 series - this excludes the M drivers are!!
A couple of my neibhors have done up E46 3 series, they're cool.
Old 07-02-06, 03:08 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

All BMW line vehicles

Acura RSX

Lexus IS300
Old 07-02-06, 03:14 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LexT
The most arrogant, annoying, abnoxious people I know drive BMW 3, 5 series - this excludes the M drivers are!!
A couple of my neibhors have done up E46 3 series, they're cool.

Pretty close.....in my area the 3 and 5-series are second only to V8 Mustangs. But I've harped on Mustangs long enough. I'll shut up about that now.
Old 07-02-06, 03:54 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

bimmer drivers are asses in my area. Then again I am worse then they are at times.
Old 07-02-06, 11:22 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

This is hilarious. I actually do not find 3 series drivers being the worst or even an issue. Possibly because I am in my SC and they bow down to my presence.
I really cannot categorize much out here in So Ca but I would agree with most others here that many (not all) in lifted Chevy trucks come across as very insecure and arrogant. Keep in mind that I own a mildly lifted Tundra. Those driving tiny annoyingly loud Civics are somthing else as well
Old 07-03-06, 05:25 AM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Civics - especially the kids around here w/ si coupes (there are several) thinking their cold air intake is a blower or something. They come out of the blue and on several occasions have tried pass me on single-lane residential roads where my parents live. Apparently they think the subdivision access is a racetrack.

Next would be Maxi's ... for some reason the Maxima draws a particularly aggressive driver and in S.C. I usually find them modded w/ the clear tail lenses and some crappy body kit. The attached picture is a pretty good example of what I typically see stirring up trouble. The guy driving that piece was trying to race me on a 2 lane off ramp on 277 coming from Charlotte into Columbia.

He "won" ... - I was trying to stay as far back as possible so if one of those cheap-o wheels shattered on a pothole I wouldn't get nailed w/ the pieces.

M.
Attached Thumbnails Cars of the most Obnoxious Rude Drivers-img_0791.jpg  

Last edited by videcormeum; 07-03-06 at 05:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Cars of the most Obnoxious Rude Drivers