Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Merged Sirius Satellite Radio Threads

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-06, 03:18 PM
ekohn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bugs, bug almost got it to work

ok. i figured a key combination to select SAT.

however, I can't figure out how to get a specific channel. for exaple Howard 100.

Also, it seems to work, and I didn't activate it. Should I assume i have a used cntroller?
Old 09-10-06, 05:08 PM
redcell
Driver

like bullwinkl said, that's the way it is at the moment. Using the tuning **** doesn't change your station?
Old 09-10-06, 05:35 PM
tranrx
Driver School Candidate

I finally got around to installing the unit (was in vegas all week). I have everything plugged in and I cant get the unit to do anything. Pressing the AM/SAT button does nothing. I rechecked all of my connections...any tips?
Old 09-11-06, 02:52 AM
ekohn
Driver School Candidate

Default tuning doesn't work

Originally Posted by redcell
like bullwinkl said, that's the way it is at the moment. Using the tuning **** doesn't change your station?

tried that and even the search....no luck. so close, yet so far.
Old 09-11-06, 02:54 AM
ekohn
Driver School Candidate

Default try this

Originally Posted by tranrx
I finally got around to installing the unit (was in vegas all week). I have everything plugged in and I cant get the unit to do anything. Pressing the AM/SAT button does nothing. I rechecked all of my connections...any tips?
this is what i need to do:
1. press am-sat
2. press FM
3. use mode on steering wheel to change to sat.

if it doesn't work the 1st time, try a few times more.
Old 09-11-06, 08:51 AM
CyberVlad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tranrx

Check the harness that goes to the SAT unit. I had the same issue (very frustrating) until i noticed one of the wires in the harness is too short and was not connected. I had to request a new one from lexus-parts. To their credit they shipped it right away. After I did that everything worked fine.
Old 09-11-06, 10:16 AM
kingpcgeek
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aarya
Most likely (i am assuming), they were forced into signing a "non-compete clause" or "exclusivity clause" to offer XM only
My son just bought a 07 Scion with Sirius, and you can buy a Toyota with Sirius so I don't see them signing a exclusive for just Lexus.
Old 09-14-06, 08:20 AM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

Tranx & Redcell,

Any luck getting the unit to work?

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger. Besides the 10 char. text limit, what are you guys finding that you do & don't like about the unit.

Thanks!
Old 09-14-06, 12:25 PM
tranrx
Driver School Candidate

Im just gonna return mine and wait for the real one to come out (if it ever does )
Old 09-14-06, 03:23 PM
mattssi
Pole Position

It better come out - and it better have the full display!!

I've had sirius for years now and I'm picking up 350 up in one hour and will miss 100,101!
Old 09-14-06, 06:35 PM
redcell
Driver

Originally Posted by BounceNY
Tranx & Redcell,

Any luck getting the unit to work?

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger. Besides the 10 char. text limit, what are you guys finding that you do & don't like about the unit.

Thanks!
BounceNY,
Mine works but I guess others are having some difficulty. It looks like Darrel at Sewell is on the case with an email he just sent out. He says that there are 6 different radio units and maybe this is why some work and some don't.

There are a few minor inconveniences for mine.
1) Changing stations you have to turn the tuning know a couple of clicks per station and it can be kinda sensitive when you're trying to just go one station at a time.
2) When I use the up/down switch on the steering wheel, the station preset doesn't change on every push. I have to sometimes press 2 or 3 times before it finally switches over. I'm guessing it's just lag on the receiver end. It works perfectly fine when I use the nav screen to select a station preset.
3) I really do wish there was a signal strength meter built in somewhere.

That's about it for problems. I guess I'm just glad I have it working!

Oh, and make sure to turn down the bass when Howard has someone on the Sybian....
Old 09-17-06, 06:06 PM
badhat
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SIRIUS availability

Its been very interesting reading this thread (for a long time - since I took delivery of my IS250 AWD Nov '05). I too considered SIRIUS availability to be a primary criteria for obtaining this vehicle. I've been a Lexus customer for over 13 years (ES models), but needed something more sporty, thus the IS. Couldn't be happier, EXCEPT for the extremely poor way Lexus is handling this. In my last call to them, I spoke to the Eastern Regional Mgr for Customer Satisfaction (or something like that). She called me back due to the MANY calls I've made to the 800 number over the past 9 months. She didn't tell me ANYTHING new over previous calls, and even tried to tell me that Lexus hadn't installed Sirius connectivity in ANY Lexus models (saying that Sirius in any other Lexus MUST be an "after-market" unit)! When I asked again what the "satisfaction" issue was (and if it had to do with limited character display), she indicated that the problem was with "reception that wasn't up to Lexus acceptability." She then offered the XM option, which I said wasn't an option. I explained that I'd rather have a unit that worked most of the time, than NO unit that would NEVER work.
Can anyone say "class action"?
Old 09-19-06, 06:53 AM
TopContndr
Driver School Candidate

We might have to go the class action route. I just filled the feed back form they sent me and I was clear that the fact that Lexus was making money off interest from my purchase will really not set well in a court. I expect better from a premim brand of vehicle.

Also, the "we offer XM" crap is bait and switch. That could get themselves into trouble too.
Old 09-19-06, 07:00 AM
TopContndr
Driver School Candidate

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/guides/baitads-gd.htm

Looks like it is Fraud!

Sec. 238.0 Bait advertising defined.1

Bait advertising is an alluring but insincere offer to sell a product or service which the advertiser in truth does not intend or want to sell. Its purpose is to switch consumers from buying the advertised merchandise, in order to sell something else, usually at a higher price or on a basis more advantageous to the advertiser. The primary aim of a bait advertisement is to obtain leads as to persons interested in buying merchandise of the type so advertised.
Old 09-19-06, 07:33 AM
Jkeys
Driver School Candidate

Sign me up. They have been making interest on my money also. I wouldn't have bought a car that Sirius was not an option to install. Period.

On a side note, I have spoken with at least 6 or 7 different people about this problem, and NONE of them have even offered a refund of my money. NEVER. They just give me the XM choice or wait. I haven't pushed the issue in hopes of a unit coming out, but they should at least have offered sometime during this process.

Quick Reply: Merged Sirius Satellite Radio Threads