Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Merged Sirius Satellite Radio Threads

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-06, 04:49 PM
bruin18
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a response I got from a VP at Sirius in the first week of June....

Thank you for your note. We love your enthusiasm for Sirius. Congratulations on your Lexus IS 250.

I was asked to share a quick note and let you know our latest launch status.

The good news is we definitely intend to offer Sirius with Lexus on this vehicle. In fact, we are in the final phases of launch planning. We anticipate availability within the next 60-90 days. We are working closely with Lexus to finalize the implementation timing.

If you agree, I will ask our team to keep a special reminder and let you know when we have a more specific date.

As you suggest we’ve made great strides in meeting the market’s demand for Sirius. We hope to demonstrate the same to you for your Lexus in the very near future.

Thanks again for your patience and we appreciate you taking the time to write.
Old 07-12-06, 11:49 AM
jc957
Rookie

Originally Posted by bruin18
Here is a response I got from a VP at Sirius in the first week of June....

Thank you for your note. We love your enthusiasm for Sirius. Congratulations on your Lexus IS 250.

I was asked to share a quick note and let you know our latest launch status.

The good news is we definitely intend to offer Sirius with Lexus on this vehicle. In fact, we are in the final phases of launch planning. We anticipate availability within the next 60-90 days. We are working closely with Lexus to finalize the implementation timing.

If you agree, I will ask our team to keep a special reminder and let you know when we have a more specific date.

As you suggest we’ve made great strides in meeting the market’s demand for Sirius. We hope to demonstrate the same to you for your Lexus in the very near future.

Thanks again for your patience and we appreciate you taking the time to write.
Nice to see something in writing, but unfortunately, I heard the same 60-90 days thing when I first bought the car...90 days ago. I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 07-12-06, 01:28 PM
IS300to350
Driver School Candidate

My Sirius unit has shipped!!!!!! I should have it this friday and will be installing it next week. I will get pics and give you all a better release date.
Old 07-12-06, 04:00 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jc957
Nice to see something in writing, but unfortunately, I heard the same 60-90 days thing when I first bought the car...90 days ago. I'll believe it when I see it.
I got the 60-90 days back in November. I hope there are no more delays.
Old 07-12-06, 04:49 PM
tonyxcom
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS300to350
My Sirius unit has shipped!!!!!! I should have it this friday and will be installing it next week. I will get pics and give you all a better release date.
shipped from where? who?
Old 07-12-06, 08:25 PM
mhenrey
Rookie

Ok here is the deal with Sirius. I work at a Lexus dealer in Texas. I am the Internet Director there and I can tell you that our Parts Manager has told us that Lexus has put a "Do not Sell" hold on all current Sirius products in stock and no more are coming in. He was told by Lexus "Quality Iss" were the result of this Memo. There was no time frame for when this is going to be lifted, he said at least a few months, but probably not until the fall if at all. We are telling our customers that XM is the only option available at this point.
Old 07-13-06, 11:20 AM
jc957
Rookie

Originally Posted by mhenrey
Ok here is the deal with Sirius. I work at a Lexus dealer in Texas. I am the Internet Director there and I can tell you that our Parts Manager has told us that Lexus has put a "Do not Sell" hold on all current Sirius products in stock and no more are coming in. He was told by Lexus "Quality Iss" were the result of this Memo. There was no time frame for when this is going to be lifted, he said at least a few months, but probably not until the fall if at all. We are telling our customers that XM is the only option available at this point.
That really sucks...guess the visor mounted unit will have to last a bit longer.
Old 07-13-06, 10:23 PM
lfangulo
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mhenrey
Any Idea of why???? I am dying to get my dash cleaned up and hide the ugly antena cable coming out of my moonroof. You are our insider, keep us well updated pls...

Old 07-13-06, 10:25 PM
lfangulo
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

Dude where are you getting this unit from, and how much, and all the details pls...
Old 07-14-06, 07:37 PM
blkIS350
Driver

I call BS on this one and will believe it when I see it. If this is just an FM modulator version than they have been out for years, but if this is one that will work with the factory deck and steering controls then post some pics and prove it once you install. I was told from my dealer that Lexus has indefinitely discontinued a factory integration of Sirius and XM was the only option.
Old 07-17-06, 04:53 PM
IS300to350
Driver School Candidate

No BS on this I just got back from Vacation and it was sitting on my desk. I will try to install it this week but can not guarantee it. There are three parts to the unit plus the wiring. A very small Sirius connection box, the mounting bracket and this very odd looking antenna. This antenna is different than all the others I have used in the past. I need to get the wiring steps from Lexus first before I install it. I will at least get you all pics of the unit to see.

I do not have any othere details until I test the unit and it is good to go!!!

more detials to come>>>>>>>>>..
Old 07-18-06, 02:36 PM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by blkIS350
I call BS on this one and will believe it when I see it. If this is just an FM modulator version than they have been out for years, but if this is one that will work with the factory deck and steering controls then post some pics and prove it once you install. I was told from my dealer that Lexus has indefinitely discontinued a factory integration of Sirius and XM was the only option.
I can vow for Eric (IS300to350) he would not BS you on this....just stay tuned and he will get it posted......I first have to teach his sorry arss how to post pics
Old 07-18-06, 03:30 PM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

Here ya go ......

Old 07-18-06, 03:44 PM
IS300to350
Driver School Candidate

Guys here is the Sirius unit I was talking about (AZDesertGS had to post for me) The unit has a very large internal antenna that goes up in the front windshield behind the mirror. I am currently trying to find out why the antenna is so large and to see if you can mount an external one. This unit also comes with a special wireharness that connects into the exsisting harness. All the instructions to install are available through Lexus already. There is an interface that is still awaiting to be approved before it is released this is why the delay is happening. Sirius and Toyota want to make sure they have everything perfect for your high dollar car. So please be pacient and I will give you all updates

I will be installing the unit next week!!!

thanks
Old 07-18-06, 04:27 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default IS Sirius Tuner - Plug'n'play

...here is the Sirius Satellite Tuner as shown on by IS. No splicing involved. This has been installed for about a month now. The large SIGMA (triangular shapped) antenna was placed at the rear windshield. Reception and sound quality is excellent, but I have found a few quirks.
Attached Thumbnails Merged Sirius Satellite Radio Threads-is_sate.jpg  

Quick Reply: Merged Sirius Satellite Radio Threads