Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Taste of Lexus 2006 Its official.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-06, 03:28 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I'm totally with you regarding your review of the event...however, I gotta offer a counter-argument regarding your comment below:

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Reading the comments above, I'm very disappointed that they splitted up the test car fleet in half after the LA event. Only 3 LS460, 2 750i's and 2 S550's for test drive. WTF were they thinking!? Hopefully they'll listen to our feedbacks and offer more test cars in the future events. I'm sad that I didn't even get to drive the 750i and S550 for comparison. Guess I'll have to go without my wife next time.
Would it have been nice if they had offered more test cars? Sure...but think about it, especially in light of what you said about catching up to the granny drivers--unless they offered more tracks and/or lengthened them, having more test cars out there wouldn't do much good since:

--what good would having more cars out there do if they still only allow the same number of cars out on the track at any given time?

--even if they allowed more cars out on the track at once, there would be an even higher probability that you'd catch up to a slower driver since the spacing between cars wouldn't be as long...what fun would there be then?

If you're willing to settle for the lesser of two evils (wait time vs. not being able to go all-out on the track)...then your complaint would be valid...but if you wanted both (short lines AND go all-out)...it ain't gonna happen...unless you show up at 9 AM.
Old 10-06-06, 05:50 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
Youre right btw what day are you signed up for ill be there saturday at 9am.
Planning to show up at 830am on Saturday. We'll see if I wake up on time, though...
Old 10-06-06, 07:51 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill probably be there a little before 9 i just hpe they still have it cause of all the rain weve been having.
Old 10-08-06, 12:37 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Ill probably be there a little before 9 i just hpe they still have it cause of all the rain weve been having.
So how was it? I ended up missing the whole thing because I slept until 12 noon... Oops...
Old 10-08-06, 07:36 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Heres my review of the event I arrived around 9:30ish once i was registered i first grabbed breakfast one plate with bacon eggs sausage and tomatoes and mushrooms and a breakfast blt mushroom with some orange juice and a really nice smoothie. After that i went and drove the LS460 short wheelbase love the leather on the steering wheel and also love the nice leather seats they were perfect it is also extremely quiet inside its makes my moms LS430 seem thuderous in comparison. More body roll than i expected but it still handled well and it was a very nice car. After that i drove the ES350 it fixed one of my major complaints about the ES and improved another basically the engine has a nice sound and theres less nose dive during braking. Than i drove the GS450h and the power is awesome it really moves down low and is faster at lower speeds than the IS350 handles good but when i was braking before the slalom i made the VSC kick on didnt feel anything but heard the beeps and saw the light blink. After that i had lunch all kinds of good food. Tortellini and penne pasta beef chicken and pork kabobs mini quiches other assorted finger foods. The only desserts i tried were the lemon bars which were really good. Ate then went back out to drive some more drove every car except the GS350. Since lines werent so long in the begining and the middle i drove the ES350 twice and road with the professional driver twice and drove my dream car the SC430 three times. I finally left around 530ish but didnt get a free gift. This was much better than last years event. The only bad thing is i lost the tire pressure gauge that dunlop gave away.
Old 10-09-06, 01:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

sigh..... finally, i can breathe.....

Old 10-09-06, 01:57 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thx for the details, MSMLexIS!!! I am hungry for that food, there better be some by the time I get there!

I find it hard to believe any car is quieter than the LS 430, we can't even hear the engine at times...
Old 10-09-06, 02:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma888
Thx for the details, MSMLexIS!!! I am hungry for that food, there better be some by the time I get there!

I find it hard to believe any car is quieter than the LS 430, we can't even hear the engine at times...
well just keep in mind, all the ls460 for driving are prototypes, so i actually heard some cracking and rattling. i wouldn't say it's dead quiet but for sure damn nice for a prototype.

but then again, before the event in november, you could have tested the car in dealership already
Old 10-09-06, 05:42 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Yeah contact your dealer and see if they have a launch party if they do try it and see its the quietest car ive ever been in and the one i drove didnt have the laminated side windows.
Old 10-09-06, 12:58 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

The only bad thing is i lost the tire pressure gauge that dunlop gave away.
Was I just not paying attention? At the SF event I didn't see the Dunlop booth; I did see the Michelin booth--they were giving away sunglass visor clip holders.
Old 10-09-06, 02:49 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Didnt see a michelin booth but was able to enter in to win a set of tires.
Old 10-10-06, 10:09 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Wow this thread is dead. Anyone else going to TOL this year.
Old 10-10-06, 11:31 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow this thread is dead. Anyone else going to TOL this year.
I am two weeks from now in Belmont Park it will be my second TOL.Being this my second time around, I hope Lexus improves how people come in because last year when I went it seems like they took people in that didn't even have a invitation.I'll try to take a bunch of pictures for ya'll. Anything specific put your request in and i'll try my best to get you a shot. But please no request for pictures of me.
Old 10-10-06, 12:21 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

This was my second and everything was improved except for the suv's being missing and the obstacle course was gone also there arent alot of places to sit like last year. This is also my second TOL event as well.
Old 10-10-06, 12:41 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's going to be my third event this year.

BTW, a little blurb...after the first even we got a thank you thing from Lexus, with some incentives...

Quick Reply: Taste of Lexus 2006 Its official.