Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Taste of Lexus 2006 Its official.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-06, 09:48 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
Yes pictures of the food would be nice. Especially since i like to eat. This year im bringing a digi camera istead of a disposable one and taking alot more pics. Some of my pics didnt get developed. Ill use the pics as bragging rights for all my friends who own BMW. Mercedes and Infiniti to show them how Lexus puts on an event and how well they treat there customers. Ha
Actually BMW and Mercedes have similar events hosted by AMCI as well. Some of them are better than the Taste of Lexus events to be honest. I remember one year they had the Mercedes Benz ride in drive a few years back when the C36 with the latest body style first came out. Because it was a high powered car, they had a pro driver take guests on a hot lap around the lot. Sure it wasnt us driving, but it was really alot of fun trying to hold on to our seats!
Old 08-25-06, 10:34 PM
RA40
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 474 Likes on 364 Posts

The food at the last Irvine Taste was okay...the previous year, it was nicer. This past one was also more crowded and lines were up to 20 people deep for cars like the IS350. The LS460 I suspect will bring similar or longer lines this year.

Also hope the MB S-Class and BMW 7 will be there for a direct comparison.... competing cars last year were lacking.
Old 08-26-06, 01:06 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Meh...I want no less than a complete set of track maps, best cornering speed at each turn for each vehicle, staff profiles (for avoiding misbehavior in front of those who are more ****), and ratings and pictures for each dish of food.
well i do plan to take my camera. i just hope there are not a lot of people, coz' i tend to get annoyed when that's the case

as silly as it might sound, remember the email that we all submitted months ago? i got a letter today with a "special confirmation number" to sign up...

boy that's like 3 days after they opened up registration. i wonder if it would be all full already by now (time slots that i wanna go to)
Old 08-28-06, 09:11 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the S class and the 7 series will be there according to the TOL website they say that competing models for the LS will be there. I hope there are competing models for the ES as well. Ive seen pics of the 04 event and looks like there was a full meal compared to the finger foods last year. But at least with finger foods you dont have to have a meal ticket and you can eat as much as you like.
Old 08-28-06, 09:13 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

You will have a chance to drive the latest Lexus models: LS 460, GS 450h, GS 350, ES 350, IS 350, IS 250, RX 400h, RX 350 and SC 430, as well as competitive vehicles for the all-new LS.
Old 08-28-06, 09:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

they had the 745 and the s430 in 04. made sense since they had competitive vehicles for all models
Old 08-28-06, 09:43 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

I think the S class and the 7 series will be there according to the TOL website they say that competing models for the LS will be there. I hope there are competing models for the ES as well. Ive seen pics of the 04 event and looks like there was a full meal compared to the finger foods last year. But at least with finger foods you dont have to have a meal ticket and you can eat as much as you like.
Even before the whole meal ticket ordeal, it was buffet style.

The ES sometimes is put on the same track with the IS depending on how much room or track space each venue has. Back in the day, the ES was usually paired up with the entry level luxury cars like 3 series, C class, A4 and etc. The TL is always available since they are very close competitors. Now they sometimes put it against a lower level E class and 5 series for value and comparison's sake.

Here's the ES preview event I went to back at El Toro, 2001 before the 2002 ES and 2002 IS Sport Cross was released to the public. These were the good days when the event was invite only and you had to be 21 to even register:

Old 08-28-06, 10:56 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the pics you posted a few of those earlier. What competitor cars were availble at that event i see a lincoln LS in the background pic. I think this year they may have 4 tracks. One for the hybrids (GS450H-RX400H) one for the new ES and LS. And possibly one for the GS and IS. And one for the remainder of th lineup or they may combine the last two together. Cant wait to see what they do but i do remember someone stated there was going to be a special twist to this years event i wonder what that is.
Old 08-28-06, 11:03 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Oh and i wonder why they would compare the TL to the ES they are similar but arent the TL's really sporty compared to the ES. Never driven one so im not totally sure.
Old 08-28-06, 06:14 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Thanks for the pics you posted a few of those earlier. What competitor cars were availble at that event i see a lincoln LS in the background pic. I think this year they may have 4 tracks. One for the hybrids (GS450H-RX400H) one for the new ES and LS. And possibly one for the GS and IS. And one for the remainder of th lineup or they may combine the last two together. Cant wait to see what they do but i do remember someone stated there was going to be a special twist to this years event i wonder what that is.
The amount of tracks depends on the venue size. Not all the venues will have the same tracks or layout. Similar but not the same. I was the one who said there was going to be a special twist to this year's event. You will have to experience that when you get there.
Old 08-28-06, 06:43 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife tried to sign up after they sent us an email and the site bombed out again. This site is pathetic. You can't tell if you are actually signed up, once, twice, or not and it seems to be down or having problems more than half the time.

At this point I don't really care anymore.
Old 08-28-06, 08:57 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^^^
Try calling them at the given website number, the call center is very nice and got the signup done quite easily!
Old 08-28-06, 09:13 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Sweet, just signed up for Fed Ex Field, 10/7, 9am.

Hopefully it doesn't suck like it did last year. If it's like the first one, two years ago, then I'd be happy.
Old 08-28-06, 09:26 PM
Ichigo
Pole Position

I went to last years event at Dodger Stadium and had a great time. The lines were long, but it was worth it to be able to drive the new GS and IS around the track. The fact that lexus took the time to put on such an event solidified their reputation in my eyes. I couldnt be happier as a Lexus owner. Until I see something similar from MB or BMW, I am sticking with Lexus.
Old 08-28-06, 10:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

funny, this past weekend we received letter with invitation. today we got all emails with invitations...... talk about being late

Quick Reply: Taste of Lexus 2006 Its official.