Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

WOW!!!!!!! 22's on a Q... no prob!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-06, 03:58 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,462 Likes on 1,615 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I think I am going to start buying size 18 Jordans on my feet b/c it technically has more leather and its MORE shoe than my proper size, a 13.

Bigger is better right?
You mean like this? (had to)
Attached Thumbnails WOW!!!!!!!  22's on a Q... no prob!-1sickbigfeet2.jpg  
Old 07-18-06, 07:58 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a big fan of shoes that are too big. When I lose one, no problem, I put both my feet in the remaining shoe and hop away.

I feel good too, because I figure a peg leg pirate with a single size 18 foot stole my shoe, and now is happily stomping around somewhere.

makes me feel almost as good as seeing a Q45 on rubber bands
Old 07-18-06, 10:51 PM
Q45th
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found the site from my neighbor...
Im the owner of the Q, I read all the posts and dont take any offense to the comments but I find majority of you on here rather amusing. And no my car does not ride like poop . The suspension on the Q is adjustable and makes it possible to run bigger rims withouth sacrificing ride so no compromise there.... honestly cannot tell the difference between stock and the 22's other then when I hit potholes.

The car is still stock height and is slightly taller due to the extra inch in wheel diameter. I will be dropping it around 2 inches and adding a JP kit and brembs in the coming months. I'm just contemplating if I should do an air runnner suspension or not so I got more researching to do. More things to but thats a secret for now.

You guys have a great site.. keep up the good work.

Last edited by Q45th; 07-19-06 at 12:55 AM.
Old 07-19-06, 01:50 AM
Q45th
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I'd rather a GS on 20s, a LS on 20s, a 745 on 20s, a S on 20s, a XJ8 on 20s, a new 5 on 20s, than a Q on 22s. He could have 30" wheels, it won't matter.

The math is wrong, the car looks weird, I'll give him a cookie for trying so he can say "hey I got my car on 22s". I bet with the stock brakes behind it, it looks ridiculous.

The lowered Q45 SoCal posted looks better but its still not a pretty car to look at and one of the reasons it is discontinued.

I think I am going to start buying size 18 Jordans on my feet b/c it technically has more leather and its MORE shoe than my proper size, a 13.

Bigger is better right?
Well in your opinion it looks weird.. .maybe because its not a lexus but why would anyone expect anything else on a Lexus board. . Well I'll say it apparently doesnt look to weird to a few big name Motorsport companies who approached me about putting my Q in their magazines because they liked my 2005 that much. I dont want to have any pictures taken until I get my Brembos and JP kit so they'll have to hold off. I just find it funny for some and YOU to criticize someone's ride you have no clue about and assume the person slapped on some rims and called it a day. I dont know... maybe your a rookie moderator since I find some of the comments to be expected from an average poster but not from a moderator. It's obvious your taste buds are bland for the Q mentioning it's discontinued because its not pretty to look at- I had no clue...I'll make sure I call up Infiniti to confirm this tomorrow

Just a side note.. I understand your devoted passion and enthusiasm for your Lexus cars being a moderator and all but for future NON LEXUS NEWBEE's you might be a little less subjective in the future so you wont steer off new posters in the wrong direction.

If anyone has any information as far as pro's and cons with air runner suspensions and so forth I'd like to hear. Much Appreciated in advance.

Great site by the way mods

Last edited by Q45th; 07-19-06 at 02:28 AM.
Old 07-19-06, 02:43 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Q45th
Im the owner of the Q, I read all the posts and dont take any offense to the comments but I find majority of you on here rather amusing. And no my car does not ride like poop . The suspension on the Q is adjustable and makes it possible to run bigger rims withouth sacrificing ride so no compromise there.... honestly cannot tell the difference between stock and the 22's other then when I hit potholes.

The car is still stock height and is slightly taller due to the extra inch in wheel diameter. I will be dropping it around 2 inches and adding a JP kit and brembs in the coming months. I'm just contemplating if I should do an air runnner suspension or not so I got more researching to do. More things to but thats a secret for now.

My friend as the same generation Q45 like you have and is also silver like yours. He has the full Junctihon Produce kit, grill, front hood spoiler, and is on air runner suspension. He is only on 20" rims, but the car looks great. With your planned mods I'm sure it will come out awsome. I highly suggest the air runner suspension though.

PS. As another moderator of Club Lexus I suggest if you don't like what others have to say just ignore them moderator or not. The fastest way for a thread to go downhill is when people react to what others posts in a negative manner. Just explain yourself but leave the personal comments out even if others made personal comments about you. No sense in getting into an internet war and getting banned. Enjoy yourself here on the forums and don't take things personally

Last edited by CK6Speed; 07-19-06 at 03:00 AM.
Old 07-19-06, 06:12 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Q45th - welcome! And thanks for your non-incendiary comments.

Good luck with all the car mods!
Old 07-19-06, 06:17 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-19-06, 06:22 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

]
Your car rides relatively smooth, not because of the 22" wheels or the rubber-band tires, but primarily because of the long Q45 wheelbase and adjustable shock damping. Ordinarily, on most cars, tires and wheels like these will give a bucking-bronco ride ( and quicker steering response, of course ).
You mention hitting potholes. Be CAREFUL. Smooth ride or not, hitting potholes with a tire-wheel combination like this is just asking for damage. There simply isn't much tire sidewall or cushion to absorb the impact....and that impact is transmitted right through to the wheel rim.
Also, with larger-than-standard wheels / tires like these, depending on the total outside diameter of the package, it can make the speedometer and odometer read low by lowering the rotational speed of the wheels in relation to the car's true speed. A low-reading speedometer can get you speeding tickets and a low-reading odometer can void the car's warranty by altering the car's true mileage. .

Last edited by mmarshall; 07-19-06 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-19-06, 11:17 AM
Q45th
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
My friend as the same generation Q45 like you have and is also silver like yours. He has the full Junctihon Produce kit, grill, front hood spoiler, and is on air runner suspension. He is only on 20" rims, but the car looks great. With your planned mods I'm sure it will come out awsome. I highly suggest the air runner suspension though.

PS. As another moderator of Club Lexus I suggest if you don't like what others have to say just ignore them moderator or not. The fastest way for a thread to go downhill is when people react to what others posts in a negative manner. Just explain yourself but leave the personal comments out even if others made personal comments about you. No sense in getting into an internet war and getting banned. Enjoy yourself here on the forums and don't take things personally
I agree, thanks for the comments guys. So as far as air runner suspension why would you recommend it. It rides so great now I dont want to compromise the ride quality but I would like to make the ride height adjustable. Can I have both coil and air setup or just the one?

Also do you know where your friend imported his JP kit from. I finding a little difficulty trying get this thing imported.

Last edited by Q45th; 07-19-06 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-19-06, 01:12 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
ROFL, post of the month Paul!!!
Old 07-19-06, 02:08 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Richie
ROFL, post of the month Paul!!!
Thanks Richie - guess only you and I found it funny.
Old 07-19-06, 02:56 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, thanks for the comments guys. So as far as air runner suspension why would you recommend it. It rides so great now I dont want to compromise the ride quality but I would like to make the ride height adjustable. Can I have both coil and air setup or just the one?

Also do you know where your friend imported his JP kit from. I finding a little difficulty trying get this thing imported.
I like the Air Runners for the ease of adjusting the ride height. Literally hitting a switch. At shows he drops it all the way down. During daily driving he raises it a little lower than what you have right now. If he comes up to a steep driveway he can raise it even higher. All without getting out of the car. Coil overs will handle better period, but to make adjustments takes time. The Air suspension are not really made for handling corners, but they do ride real nice and smooth. There will be body roll around corners, but most people who get air do not drive their cars really agressively especially with the 20 or 22" rims. I'm not sure how my friend got the JP kit, I'll have to ask. I know it took a long time to arrive though.

Chris

Last edited by CK6Speed; 07-19-06 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-19-06, 04:16 PM
LexFather

Well in your opinion it looks weird.. .maybe because its not a lexus but why would anyone expect anything else on a Lexus board. . Well I'll say it apparently doesnt look to weird to a few big name Motorsport companies who approached me about putting my Q in their magazines because they liked my 2005 that much. I dont want to have any pictures taken until I get my Brembos and JP kit so they'll have to hold off. I just find it funny for some and YOU to criticize someone's ride you have no clue about and assume the person slapped on some rims and called it a day. I dont know... maybe your a rookie moderator since I find some of the comments to be expected from an average poster but not from a moderator. It's obvious your taste buds are bland for the Q mentioning it's discontinued because its not pretty to look at- I had no clue...I'll make sure I call up Infiniti to confirm this tomorrow

Just a side note.. I understand your devoted passion and enthusiasm for your Lexus cars being a moderator and all but for future NON LEXUS NEWBEE's you might be a little less subjective in the future so you wont steer off new posters in the wrong direction.

If anyone has any information as far as pro's and cons with air runner suspensions and so forth I'd like to hear. Much Appreciated in advance.

Great site by the way mods
Welcome to Clublexus. Let me tell you a rule bub, you post pics on the interent, its fair game. U see the pic bitkauna posted making fun of me, its fair game. You have someone post pics of your car ON THE INTERNET, don't expect everyone to give you a high five and kudos, you will hear good things, bad things, smart things, funny things, etc

I find it AMUSING out of everyone, you decided to quote me, who has been a super-moderator for what 3 years, a moderator for 4, runs a seperate website and has thrown very successful multi-car shows, now track meets and has helped lead Lexus owners to victory at the NOPI Nationals year after year. I know a "little" about the industry and what people want. Just a little

So, don't get your panties in a bunch if I don't think your execution is glorious, sorry. I've had things done to my car that had people do this

I surely can appreciate you taking the time to join here but I don't appreciate you trying to call me out, because you will lose badly.

Im the owner of the Q, I read all the posts and dont take any offense to the comments but I find majority of you on here rather amusing.

]
We don't take offense to your posts and some of us find the car amusing
THIS PIC IS HILARIOUS!! Right click, save as....

Old 07-19-06, 06:53 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks Richie - guess only you and I found it funny.
I was laughing my *** off too!! Nice pic Sic!!!
Old 07-19-06, 07:33 PM
Q45th
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I like the Air Runners for the ease of adjusting the ride height. Literally hitting a switch. At shows he drops it all the way down. During daily driving he raises it a little lower than what you have right now. If he comes up to a steep driveway he can raise it even higher. All without getting out of the car. Coil overs will handle better period, but to make adjustments takes time. The Air suspension are not really made for handling corners, but they do ride real nice and smooth. There will be body roll around corners, but most people who get air do not drive their cars really agressively especially with the 20 or 22" rims. I'm not sure how my friend got the JP kit, I'll have to ask. I know it took a long time to arrive though.

Chris

Air runner sounds like the way to go but the car rides so perfect now I'm afraid it might make the car's suspension like honda or something. Yeh, see if you can find out from your friend where he got it from... it would be much appreciative. Im guessing they run around 3k? Any local socal spots that do a good install? Thanks for the help Lawman and CK6speed.

Last edited by Q45th; 07-19-06 at 07:47 PM.

Quick Reply: WOW!!!!!!! 22's on a Q... no prob!