Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What are your driving annoyances?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-06, 02:05 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Idiots who keep high-beaming you knowing its a freakin traffic jam . where the hell would you want me to go

people who before leaving the fast lane have to brake THEN go over to the right lane , NO BODY is there , thats what mirrors are for , why should i brake just cause you dont feel like moving .

A-holes going 120 mph or so and expect everyone to magically move over leaving it all empty for them .

BIG A-holes who pass on the emergency lane .

Morons who leave the high-beams on .

Tailgaiters . and the rest of what you guys said .
Old 07-31-06, 02:43 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by AJ
people who before leaving the fast lane have to brake THEN go over to the right lane , NO BODY is there , thats what mirrors are for , why should i brake just cause you dont feel like moving .
I hate this also.
Old 07-31-06, 02:57 AM
goober007
Rookie

i think the ambulance thing is one of my annoyances. a few seconds can be the diff btwn life and death.

Cars who park in the handicap stalls! (w/ no handicap tag)
Slow cars in the left lane, especially on hwy 1 in Vancouver. I've driven to the states about 3-4 times a year to shop and stuff and i have to admit, once i cross the border, the drivers are 10x better and more curtious.

But i do do those other things that annoy ppl: phone, loud music
Old 07-31-06, 04:17 AM
Sweetser
Driver

I hate whenever a car is behind me tailgaiting and I need to make a right turn, so I signal approx. 100 ft before the turn, and as I slow down, the guy keeps tailgaiting me!! Like i'm supposed to make that turn at 20 MPH?? I slow down to about 5 MPH and when I make the turn at my own pace the car behind me honks at me?!?!? Keep your 2 second distances.
Old 07-31-06, 04:59 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
What are some of your annoyances?

Bulls * * t devices just to " calm " traffic that doesn't need calming.

Unnecessary stop lights.

Stoplights that could be set on flashing yellow in low-traffic conditions and aren't.

Unnecessary 3 and 4-way stops.

DO NOT ENTER signs and barricades that are put up just to keep traffic out of neighborhoods.
( We ALL pay taxes to use the same roads )

Stop signs and traffic lights that are put on steep grades that tax your brakes and transmission starting and stopping and put a lot of wear on your car.

Utility companies that cut the streets and roads up and then don't repair or repave them properly afterwards. This is a MAJOR cause of poor pavement conditions in many areas.

Streets and roads that are not repaved when they should be...potholes, frost heaves, etc.... MI, OH, parts of PA, and western NY state are notorious for this from the severe winters.

Paving companies that don't clean up after themselves when they DO repave....leaving cinders and tar all over the place.

People who won't stay reasonably close to the speed limits.

People who make excuses for drinking and driving, excessive speed, or stupidity on slippery surfaces.

People, who when they should be staying at home, keep finding excuses for going out in extreme weather conditions ( like blizzards ) in vehicles that aren't equipped for it......and then get stuck or trapped unnecesarily, blocking the roads for the vehicles that ARE equipped for it.
Not only do they screw up the roads but place themselves at risk as well.

People who WON'T listen to warnings and try and cross flooded roads....and then get swept away by the water.

People who think they have a so-called " right " to drive.....legally, it is a PRIVILEGE.

Cell-phone yakkers behind the wheel.

Salt, sand, gravel, and abrasives that are dumped in huge quantities at the first flake of snow on roads that don't really need it....they can ruin your car's looks. People who need to drive in snow should simply get AWD vehicles with ABS, and then all that s * * t wouldn't HAVE to be dumped on the roads for traction. Just plow the roads and leave them alone.

Rubberneckers who cause traffic backups by slowing way down when there is no need to.

Too much traffic in too few places caused by growth patterns. ( we have plenty of room in this country for cars but too many of them are concentrated in too few places ) Classic examples are the SoCal area, the D.C. Metro area, Atlanta, Houston, and Dallas.

People who won't cut back on their driving when gas prices go up. If they did, and demand were cut, prices would go back down.

Last edited by mmarshall; 07-31-06 at 05:22 AM.
Old 07-31-06, 07:58 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

Lack of use of turn signals (thought here are too many others). I contend that one major reason down here in Mexico City is lack of education (people with automatics do not use them), but more so the majority of vehicles using a stick shift. I cannot remember the last time I drove a stick shift and used turn signals.
Old 07-31-06, 10:58 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- Speed camera's
- Speed limits
- People that drive slow.

Oh yeah and paying waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for gas.
Old 07-31-06, 11:16 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexmex
Lack of use of turn signals (thought here are too many others). I contend that one major reason down here in Mexico City is lack of education (people with automatics do not use them), but more so the majority of vehicles using a stick shift. I cannot remember the last time I drove a stick shift and used turn signals.
Well, Mexico, like Cuba, has a lot of old cars, and maybe the turn signal bulbs are just burnt out and they have not gotten replacement bulbs. Most modern cars use a #1157 bulb for conventional ( non-digital ) tailights and turn signals.
Old 07-31-06, 11:32 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, Mexico, like Cuba, has a lot of old cars, and maybe the turn signal bulbs are just burnt out and they have not gotten replacement bulbs. Most modern cars use a #1157 bulb for conventional ( non-digital ) tailights and turn signals.
That could be true, too. I have been behind so many vehicles that no brake lights come on when they make a stop.
Old 07-31-06, 11:53 AM
taejin09
Lead Lap

1)People who speed up on the lane that I turn the blinky on to while they were going slower or the same speed before I turned on the blinky.

2)People who think going 70 is too slow and tailgates while there are plenty of other lanes open.

3)People who do not have common sense when driving.

4)People who brake too late <-I usually leave distance so that I can move up when I see in my backmirror that they are not going to make it.
Old 07-31-06, 03:22 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

1. No turn signal
2. Left lane bandits
3. Fog lights when there is no fog
Old 07-31-06, 03:54 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Ooh I remembered a good one:

1. Yield is NOT French for stop! Yield means yield. I hate drivers who stop when it's all free and clear.
Old 07-31-06, 04:23 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Traffic
2. Gas $$$
3. Red Light Camera's (i don't run red lights, but yellow = stop)
Old 07-31-06, 04:29 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Ooh I remembered a good one:

1. Yield is NOT French for stop! Yield means yield. I hate drivers who stop when it's all free and clear.
This makes me laugh, not the topic...just what you said.

I hate alot of stuff people do on the roads. I can say though, I do listen to my music loud at red lights, but usually my windows are up, sometimes down...I mean, Im only 20, cut me some slack. I dont really talk on my cellphone, even if I do, I put it on speaker and turn my music off so I can still keep my focus on driving.

Lets see though, my biggest hates..
1. People that are waiting to turn onto a 1 lane street and decide to turn before you get there even though its clear behind you.
2. Slow people in the fast lane. I dont care if someone is doing the speed limit and decides to cut in and pass the car thats not doing the speed limit, but if the other car decides to speed up like an *******...please continue to pass, or slow down and get behind them again.
3. Tailgaters. I dont drive in alot of traffic, but when I do, I just stay in the right lane and just cruise because I know Im not gonna be getting anywhere fast. I hate it though when your in traffic and that ******* behind has to stay right on your *** like tomorrow was never gonna come or something.
Old 07-31-06, 04:31 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

What really irks me is:

1. Traffic.
2. People who drive inefficiently.
3. Large trucks on the fast lane or the lane next to the fast lane. For the most part they usually are on the slow lane or the lane next to the slow lane...

Quick Reply: What are your driving annoyances?