Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

D2-AUTOSPORT Pics from DUB Carshow (Edison NJ)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-06, 04:13 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

cars look awesome! maybe a nicer floor setup? those little square pieces kinda did to me...

doing it real big...congrats on all your sucesss!
Old 08-01-06, 04:20 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
Looking good Derrick hope to make the SC on display someday

Man you already have the stickers and plates just neeed to put them to use! White cars with AC kits UNITE!! lol

Its funny I was talking about your car at the Wednesday night meet last week! lol
Old 08-01-06, 04:22 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Lexis11
Man, look how you are rolling now! Iknew you when you were pimping the 96 lex in little ol' worcester LOLOLOL. Just playing but seriously D you have built a reputable high class business and I am just glad I got to see it being done.
That CLS is nonsense. I need one! Hi tme up sometime so we can catch up.

Oh yeah, the 96 GS300 started it all!! lol Remember that show that we did at the Worcester Centrum? I think your car had springs and wheels and ice back then!
Old 08-01-06, 04:25 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GammaLex
Damn Derrick you're doing it big I remember when you first got the Dronnels for the first gen. Now you have a nice wheel shop going. Man you have the nicest 7 series ive seen. Original color and mods. You stayed away from the ugly Hamann kit. everyone picks. Man and the rest of the cars are just killer. to your great wheel vendor who takes the time to treat each customer as a friend instead of a quick sale. I cant wait till you open a performance shop ill have to find a way up to the NJ area

Yeah man my thoughts on the AC-Schnitzer / HAMANN kit for the 7series was "been there, seen that" so we just went a different route. So many people told me no the A/C is too plain, not wild enough, I was like oh well, guess Ima plain Jane then! lol

You are still at the top of my "must be insane" list for taking over 1.5 years to mod your GS to perfection, only to part it out 10 minutes after you finished
Old 08-01-06, 05:08 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

All super sweet rides. The lex looks right at home next to those big balling rides imo. We are all very proud of you Derrick. I am motivated and inspired by what you've done. Keep it up.
Old 08-01-06, 05:15 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys for the lexus love, it is hard being next to a car that is most peoples dream car, lol. The car does have a lot of eye candy so that really helps, lol.
Old 08-01-06, 08:05 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Yeah man my thoughts on the AC-Schnitzer / HAMANN kit for the 7series was "been there, seen that" so we just went a different route. So many people told me no the A/C is too plain, not wild enough, I was like oh well, guess Ima plain Jane then! lol

You are still at the top of my "must be insane" list for taking over 1.5 years to mod your GS to perfection, only to part it out 10 minutes after you finished

After what happened here I did it at a good time Its all good though. There was supposed to be a 3rd gen GS replacing it but stuff happens and priorities in life change. Im just waiting another 2 monthes and then the car modding will begin again.
Old 08-01-06, 08:08 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Yeah, I'm sure that many wonder why we have such a diverse mix of brands across such a wide price range.

To put it simply, we got our start with the Lexus community so we will always maintain a Lexus for promotional use. I find that in business, many people grow and overlook the foundation that facilitated said growth. Lexus is our foundation. So yes although a 20k Lexus looks odd next to a 100k MB and a 175k Bentley, you can expect to consistently see that from D2

Also I think its important to demonstrate our competence level across different price ranges. Its the most odd thing but cars like the Bentley actually alienate people because they assume "well they can't do anything for my 15k car since they do 175k cars", so its good to show that D2 can do it all from 20k to 200k and do it well.

In all honesty with the current VIP craze that's gaining steam, that "dated" Lexus gets a VERY fair share of attention and pics at shows! Lol

Dude, that post right there, is signature worthy. So many forget where they come from. It is TOO honorable for you not just to say that but to DO IT. That is INTEGRITY

You got my backing 100%.. Send me some promo items to give out in Atlanta.

Old 08-01-06, 08:09 PM
LexFather

Oh and that lineup is fantastic, some of us have seen you come a long way so quickly. Much continued success to you and your brother.

Old 08-01-06, 08:51 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

All hot Lovin the CL & LS
Old 08-01-06, 09:37 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GammaLex
After what happened here I did it at a good time

Damn man, I totally forgot about the disaster, I apologize about that. I remember speaking to you on AIM the first couple of days and those pics you sent me, truly terrible.
Old 08-01-06, 11:54 PM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

The lineup of cars is insane. Great job and continued success
Old 08-02-06, 05:36 AM
FabUSA
Driver School Candidate

Very nice line-up.
Old 08-02-06, 05:39 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Oh yeah, the 96 GS300 started it all!! lol Remember that show that we did at the Worcester Centrum? I think your car had springs and wheels and ice back then!
Yup had some half done system and those l-tuned springs and shocks LOL. Damn man those were good times. And you know what is funny, more people liked those overweight knockoffs than my iFORGED wheels LOL.
Old 08-02-06, 06:21 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I love the CLS. Just looks sick

Quick Reply: D2-AUTOSPORT Pics from DUB Carshow (Edison NJ)