Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus parked in a ghetto neighborhood

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-06, 07:46 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus parked in a ghetto neighborhood

Today I had to serve an eviction notice to one of my tenants (major pain about owning an apartment building). This is the south side of Koreatown, near western and 11th....real crap neighborhood. So i parked my Lexus on the street, and I observed if there were any better cars around that would outshine me as theft/vandalism target. Nope....the closest was a Nissan Altima. I was like "damn....should i even park?" I was there for about 30 minutes (arguing with the tenant), and when i came out, car was untouched *thank goodness*.

Have any of you ever get paranoid with your new Lexus parking in poor neighborhoods? I mean i wanted to get back to my car ASAP. It was a scary time.....even though it was 11am in broad daylight.
Old 08-03-06, 07:57 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have a Lexus but yeah, I am nervous about where I park my vehicle especially if it's in a "bad" part of town.
Old 08-03-06, 08:03 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Have any of you ever get paranoid with your new Lexus parking in poor neighborhoods?
Always!!!
Old 08-03-06, 08:11 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

If I had to go to downtown LA, I would probably drive my old Camry. This is why I didn't trade it in. Kaius, get a security camera for the car if you need to go to ghetto neighborhood a lot.
Old 08-03-06, 08:17 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cocopops
If I had to go to downtown LA, I would probably drive my old Camry. This is why I didn't trade it in. Kaius, get a security camera for the car if you need to go to ghetto neighborhood a lot.
a security camera would probably identify the villian, but i dont think would prevent the act. Damn.... the only real safe way is to not bring the car. I'll take a bus next time.
Old 08-03-06, 08:18 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

Or set up a system that will electrocute any person other than you touching the car
Old 08-03-06, 08:41 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cocopops
Or set up a system that will electrocute any person other than you touching the car
Now that's what I consider a great option. LOL
Old 08-03-06, 10:13 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think what you did was a bad choice and poor judgement.

As your older and wiser brother I suggest you reconsider your actions and do not do this again. You just got the thing, why take such a chance. Where next, Compton? South Central?

Please stop.
Old 08-03-06, 10:28 PM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kaius88
Today I had to serve an eviction notice to one of my tenants (major pain about owning an apartment building). This is the south side of Koreatown, near western and 11th....real crap neighborhood. So i parked my Lexus on the street, and I observed if there were any better cars around that would outshine me as theft/vandalism target. Nope....the closest was a Nissan Altima. I was like "damn....should i even park?" I was there for about 30 minutes (arguing with the tenant), and when i came out, car was untouched *thank goodness*.

Have any of you ever get paranoid with your new Lexus parking in poor neighborhoods? I mean i wanted to get back to my car ASAP. It was a scary time.....even though it was 11am in broad daylight.
I get paranoid parking my car in a good neighborhood!
Old 08-03-06, 10:34 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by psp
I think what you did was a bad choice and poor judgement.

As your older and wiser brother I suggest you reconsider your actions and do not do this again. You just got the thing, why take such a chance. Where next, Compton? South Central?

Please stop.

well i figured it's a car and it needs to take me to places that i need to go. I will re-evaluate my options next time i take such a risk. Now that it has seen ghetto, lets hope it doesn't have nightmares.

I hope i dont turn into a snob....i used to LIVE there 20 years ago. Can't forget my ghetto roots.
Old 08-04-06, 12:16 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Or just get stickers "This vehicle is equipped with a surveillance system"
Old 08-04-06, 12:40 AM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kaius88

hey there is this really nifty alarm system u can get.. one of my brother's friend has one on his integra... it detects shock done to the car.. say if some one was jacking it up to steal the tires or someone drives by bumping their base.. it would send u a page... the down side is the pager is about the size of the key fob... a little bit bigger... it woudlnt prevent the damage but if you run quick enough u can get the low life punks that did the damage...
Old 08-04-06, 12:41 AM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

speaking of being paranoid.. you should have seen me driving my brother's S2000 to prom.. >.< .... i got so scared i left the car at my friends house and squeezed into the limo with my date... lol
Old 08-04-06, 05:58 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Since this thread has nothing specific to do with the ES350, I'm moving it to Car Chat.
Old 08-04-06, 06:26 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Try Mexico City. Only saving grace is there is no parts market for Lexus. Still, to avoid a jealous soul (and I have American plates), I take a 1996 Dodge Caravan to work (has a slight ycracked windshield). Works wonders, but when a nice girl passes by in and I am stopped in traffic I get the look back like she thinks I am married. Poor little minivan

Quick Reply: Lexus parked in a ghetto neighborhood