Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

So BMW owners think Lexus = BMW-Copy. what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-06, 01:47 PM
@lpher
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
Though BMW should try to copy Lexus' reliability
Excellent point! LOL
Old 08-15-06, 02:07 PM
skeet94
Driver

Originally Posted by JZA80MHU38
We Americans usually supersize our meals when we go to McDonald's. That's why
LOL I figured
Old 08-15-06, 02:49 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Everyone copies everyone, way it is sometimes
Old 08-15-06, 03:01 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I've been reading this thread and it really got wondering as to who had quad exhausts first

The earliest car that I remember is the '92 Seville
Old 08-15-06, 03:09 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

After looking at the chart above for problems per 100 vehicles, it doesn't seem that bad for the other cars. It looks like for the average problems for a Lexus is about 1.39 problems per car. BMW is only about 2.25 problems per car. That doesn't really seem that bad at all. The chart doesn't mention how big the problems are so it is hard to compare directly.
Old 08-15-06, 03:24 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread really crank me up...lol. It went from comparing the car designed, seats, exhaust tips, gauges, steering wheels, electronics, suspension..damn..just shut up and drive what you got.

FYI: all on us here on CL or Bimmerforums are only 1 -2 % of all Lexus or BMW owners out there. Most of those people don't care or they don't know about all these facts that we're internet warriors are talking about. They just want to buy and drive a Lexus or BMW that's all.

Lexus or BMW don't care who or whom they copied the designed as long as they sell like a hot cake and the company make money, the customers enjoy the cars, and they win some award every year. It's bussiness.

We can spend page after page on this arguement today and guess what, we will do the same thing 15-20 years from now. This happened back in 1989 when Lexus introduced the LS400 and they said Lexus is this and that wannabe, now 2006, guess what....

My suggest is " Just shut up and drive without the cell phone on your ear".
Old 08-15-06, 04:03 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by VVT-i
This thread really crank me up...lol. It went from comparing the car designed, seats, exhaust tips, gauges, steering wheels, electronics, suspension..damn..just shut up and drive what you got.

FYI: all on us here on CL or Bimmerforums are only 1 -2 % of all Lexus or BMW owners out there. Most of those people don't care or they don't know about all these facts that we're internet warriors are talking about. They just want to buy and drive a Lexus or BMW that's all.

Lexus or BMW don't care who or whom they copied the designed as long as they sell like a hot cake and the company make money, the customers enjoy the cars, and they win some award every year. It's bussiness.

We can spend page after page on this arguement today and guess what, we will do the same thing 15-20 years from now. This happened back in 1989 when Lexus introduced the LS400 and they said Lexus is this and that wannabe, now 2006, guess what....

My suggest is " Just shut up and drive without the cell phone on your ear".

I don't see anyone arguing,just stating opinions....this thread hasn't turned into a flame war so what's the prob??
Old 08-15-06, 05:19 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by robloc93
I don't see anyone arguing,just stating opinions....this thread hasn't turned into a flame war so what's the prob??
VVTi is stating his opinion like everyone else here. As not only a moderator here but one with Lexus, he clearly knows what he is talking about.

There is no problem. I am sure he like many are tired of seeing the same VS threads and lol the same people (like me, lol) argue the same points over and over......

Old 08-16-06, 04:55 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by genearch
This thread certainly went all over the map.... Both brands have their positives & negatives.. but... BMW uses the slogan:

"Freude am Fahren" which translates to "Joy in driving"

There is a reason for that... I've likely owned as many if not more models of Lexus car than 80% of the membership at ClubLexus. Starting with a SC400 back in 1992 (That's OVER 14 years a Lexus owner!) up to the current GS430 (In the household) I've owned: SC400, LS400, GS400, SC430, GS430.

While I felt most "connected" with my very first Lexus, the SC400. That car was extremely tight and a joy to drive. Every car since then has had it's attributes, but none has quite captured that same feeling. In the LS, while it was a smooth comfortable ride, extremely quiet, it was a tad boring. The same can be said for the GS, but to a lesser degree and on an on with the rest.

As many of you are aware.. today I drive one of two different BMW's (650i and X5) and both are extremely exhilarating to drive. I find myself wanting to drive them, looking for reasons to drive them. I've never felt that way about any Lexus since my SC400. There is magic there folks.. Lexus needs to capture some.

that's truly insightful and honest
Old 08-16-06, 05:04 PM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

If anything, Lexus is a "Copy" of MBZ. Although the new Gens are no where near a copy of anything.