Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

ES heavy front-end accident

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-06, 12:29 PM
Trashed
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouch man, well at least everyone is ok
Old 08-21-06, 12:31 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear you are ok...don't worry, we've all made some regrettable driving decisions.
Old 08-21-06, 02:24 PM
no2faber
Lead Lap

I hope you're ok.

If I were you, I would go see a doctor just to make sure everything's ok. Sometimes, people don't feel the effects of the accident until weeks after it happens. Of course, by then, insurance companies get you to sign off and waive your medical claim. Neck and back injuries can lead to all sorts of unpleasant discomforts in the body, from your head down to your toe.
Old 08-25-06, 10:26 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I have not heard about the condition of the other driver, although I did send some flowers and an apology note earlier this week. I'm pretty sure she's OK since she was conscious when she was taken to the ambulance.

OK guys, here's an update and some really delightful news :

My insurance adjuster just called and informed me that the ES is officially a total loss. I will be in talks with the total loss department of my insurance within the next day or so in regards to issuing the settlement check. I'm impressed with the quick turnaround time of Safeco (my insurance) in handling this claim and assessing the damages, as it's only been one week since the accident.

So it looks like I'll be doing some car shopping this weekend For my next car, it's going to be either a used 03 Infiniti I35, Acura 3.2TL or TL-S, or 06 Corolla LE/XLE. Sorry but my budget probably won't lend itself another Lexus at this time
Old 08-25-06, 03:18 PM
chrispy
Forum Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

glad things are getting taken care of! but sad to see you leave the lexus family. will you be able to part out your car at all? i'm sure you could make some extra cash selling to the ES guys.

it was nice of you to send flower and a letter to that woman, too.
Old 08-25-06, 07:43 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Damn your ES was looking great with just the right touches.
I hope you stick around with us.
Just dont rock the Corolla
Old 08-27-06, 05:26 PM
vassey50
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...happy to hear you had some good response times with regards to the settlement Doug. I'm hoping you'll still be checking in on us here in the ES forums. And so I don't forget to say so, thanks for all the awesome info on the 2001's and everything else. You are wise!

Cheers,
Vas
Old 08-27-06, 06:16 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DriftNsc3
Its because men making bonehead moves like this, I pay more for insurance.
LOL - pretty interesting comment, but I beg to differ. The reason we pay more for insurance is because of uninsured motorists, people pulling insurance scams, and people who don't know how to drive.

Not to mention you are 19 and male - that could be the reason for your high premiums.

I am pretty sure you have made plenty of bonehead moves in your time also Don't be so quick to judge.

Jonny
Old 08-27-06, 11:01 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They'll also nab the Stang too for speeding, all 2001+ Fords do have a EDR - similar to the black box found on an airplane in the airbag ECM.

Glad to hear you're fine too.
Old 08-28-06, 09:32 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile Huge update

I just got off the phone from the total loss dept of Safeco, and here is the settlement check value they will issue to me after I mail back the FL title and keys to the car:

$18,678.78

I could not believe it as I seriously thought they would give me around 10K for my car given it had a lot of miles (126,500 at the time of the accident). So of course I'm ecstatic that I'm getting this much money from my insurance for the total loss, and even more wowed since I originally paid $18,900 for the ES when I bought it 3 years ago

Well I did some car shopping this weekend, and I found a 02 silver GS300 SportDesign w/ 23K miles, being sold for $21K at a used car dealership. I may have to seriously think about this one..
Old 08-28-06, 02:05 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexusk8
I just got off the phone from the total loss dept of Safeco, and here is the settlement check value they will issue to me after I mail back the FL title and keys to the car:

$18,678.78

I could not believe it as I seriously thought they would give me around 10K for my car given it had a lot of miles (126,500 at the time of the accident). So of course I'm ecstatic that I'm getting this much money from my insurance for the total loss, and even more wowed since I originally paid $18,900 for the ES when I bought it 3 years ago

Well I did some car shopping this weekend, and I found a 02 silver GS300 SportDesign w/ 23K miles, being sold for $21K at a used car dealership. I may have to seriously think about this one..
What thinking do you have to do? Get down there, get them to cut the price down, and then get into your new-to-you GS and go drive!
Old 08-29-06, 10:46 AM
vassey50
Pole Position

That's awesome news Doug! $18,000+ for a 2001 is incredible, that's encouraging for anybody interested in resale value. I hope you find what you want, but it looks like you may have found a gem already
Old 08-29-06, 06:28 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

HOLY CRAP, how the hell did you do that??
Thats an amazing deal with your insurance company.
Please tell us whos your insurance company?
I must say your damn lucky Doug
Old 08-29-06, 08:33 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexusk8

$18,678.78

Very nice! So, it seems like you are going to be back in LEXUS!
Old 09-04-06, 12:44 PM
vassey50
Pole Position

did you end up considering the GS? or are you detailing it already

Quick Reply: ES heavy front-end accident