Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Magazines that got me interested in cars (DUW)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-06, 08:10 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magazines that got me interested in cars (DUW)

As I was writing about the new 911 Turbo I went back to my library of car magazines and dug up the first three car magazines that I actually bought. I've kept them over these past 27 odd years and I reproduce here for you some, what I consider, relevant images of covers and cars that ultimately got me to being a car buff.

The original magazine. Car and Driver, 930 Turbo. Man I wanted one of these.

Then here are the specs. Not bad for that time especially if you compare some of the later ones.

They say that history repeats itself. I love the Dodge Magnum SRT8. I think it is an awesome vehicle. Here's one that I remeber thinking was great way back then too.

We love to talk about hybrids today. What were we talking about back then? How about this:

This was the second magazine I actually bought. The 80s were upon us. What a great choice of vehicles.

I really wanted a Mirada although I'd settle for a Cordoba or an 024 Omni. LOL...

Ford had the styling new Thunderbird. My 7th grade teacher bought one of these and I though it was sooo cool.

BMW was on my radar too. This was very nice. Why do I like the interior from back then more than now?

And then who can't forget the COTY for 1980. The first Chevy of the 80s, the first Chevy of it's kind. A new kind of compact, this could be the car you've had in mind.

Hope you enjoyed.
Old 08-22-06, 10:27 PM
LexFather

SCANS ARE AMAZING!!!

Wow 44k for a 911 turbo!!

Wow, modded 320 turbo...

Cars have come a loooooooooooong way