Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

CEO: Ford needs big changes, maybe new CEO (NEW CEO JUST NAMED!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-06, 07:10 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Big Jimm's was started after 1Sick's and is a different topic (just about what car he drives).
Old 09-09-06, 09:47 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JLSC4

It's funny that the new CEO is coming in with no previous desire to drive a Ford product, not even Jaguar.
It's not funny at all. If he had the desire to drive a Ford, most likely he would not have been recruited by the company at all; by that I mean, if Ford was solvent and selling cars they wouldn't have cause for a management shakeup.

Boeing is a great company w/ great managers like Mulally.

From Boeing's website:
Mulally holds bachelor's and master's of science degrees in aeronautical and astronautical engineering from the University of Kansas, and earned a master's in management from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology as a 1982 Alfred P. Sloan fellow.
The MIT/Sloan School of Management is one of the best business schools in the nation. And he must have learned something there - because Boeing has charted recent and unprecedented success with their commercial unit ... In my opinion they're LITERALLY over a decade ahead of Airbus with regard to product development to meet future market demand.

Read about the Airbus A350 and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Anyway - Ford is a great American company with a great history. I hope the changes implemented now can return Ford to both profitability and prominence among its now global competition.

M.