Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2007 600+ bhp Lamborghini Gallardo GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-06, 07:07 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts
Default 2007 600+ bhp Lamborghini Gallardo GT

September 6th 2006 - What we have here are the first definitive pictures of the next Lamborghini Gallardo. Its radical bodywork and huge air intakes only hint at what's new underneath the neon paint.

As the Audi R8 is ready to be launched at Paris with version of the Gallardo's own chassis, it's only natural to offer the Lambo with more power and separate them in the marketplace. What this means is that the Gallardo will benefit from 600+ bhp and at he same time be catapulted beyond Ferrari F430 status.

But Lamborghini didn't stop at the engine, they have added a tasteful carbon fibre front fascia with huge intakes, a redesigned rear deck, a more prominent diffuser and wider bodywork at the wheels.

Whether or not this is a one-of prototype sent to California for testing, or the next Gallardo model in its final form, remains to be seen. Our bet is a future release at the the 2007 Geneva Auto Show.

Story by Richard Owen
Photos by Stephan Bauer
source : supercars.net
Old 09-07-06, 07:10 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

Does this have anything to do with this?
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/09/...ardo-facelift/
spy photo of the Gallardo with a facelift?
Old 09-07-06, 07:18 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Or this?? Looks like an official design to me....

I dunno, Turbos in a Gallardo??? That'll surely be different for the brand.
Old 09-07-06, 08:08 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

FOund out this is a Lamborghini of Orange County custom bodykit. Damn rumors.

Looks great though.
Old 09-07-06, 09:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

that's a pretty different body kits then. a lot of changes even on the hood huh
Old 09-07-06, 04:30 PM
KneeShoe00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

600 hp + = drool
Old 09-07-06, 08:12 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

The Gallardo is nice but I prefer the Murcielago...*sighs*..I guess that doesn't matter since I can't afford either one.

Anyhow, I have a story about a black Gallardo roadster that was parked near a club here in downtown San Diego.

It was late night around 1:00 - 2:00 am. I had just stepped out the club...I looked around for my friends but they were no where in sight. So I ventured around the corner to see if they were there. When lo and behold, right there in front of my face was a classic car shop. Wow, the cars finishes were gleaming underneath the showlights...I was in awe, staring at all these classic cars in such pristine condition.

At this point I wanted to get a closer look. So I inched towards the glass, put my face closer to the glass when I noticed the some sort of distortion. Looking at the cars from certain angles the glass tended to distort or bend the image. I know I just had a few drinks and was feeling tipsy but I know I wasn't that drunk...so I tap on the glass and guess what, it's not glass at all. It's some sort of thick plexi/acrylic window pane.

Anyhow, I turned around for a quick second when I saw something black and shiny right behind...lo and behold, a Lamborghini Gallardo Roadster with some nice aftermarket wheels, black exterior with dark tint. I walk up to take a closer look...and as I'm walinkg up I hear a group chicks across the streets shouting ..."HEY NICE CAR!!!"....I looked around and there was no one else near, so I assumed they were talking to me...I guess since they saw me walking up to the car, they assumed it was mine...anyhow. I didn't say anything and fronted like it was my car for a few seconds....hey ya' cant blame me, can ya'? I've never felt so PIMP in my life!!!
Old 09-07-06, 08:42 PM
daygo718
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Seize
The Gallardo is nice but I prefer the Murcielago...
+1 for me

I know exactly where you're talking about, Seize. A couple weeks ago I was having a couple drinks at Mooses on Fifth Ave and I notice a bunch of guys crowded around a car across the street. I finally see that they're looking at a yellow Lambo Gallardo. I hear some guy at the table next to me saying the car must belong to one of the club/restaurant owners. Less than a minute after that 2 hot blondes in short skirts come up to the car and you hear the beep of the alarm disarming (reminded me of the 2 girls w/ the Lambo in Cannonball Run). Another handfull of guys come over to holla at them and they of course get dissed. The funny thing is they had shopping bags with them and they were trying to stuff them in the little cargo area up front!
Old 09-07-06, 10:04 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

+2, Murchie looks better too
Old 09-07-06, 11:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
+2, Murchie looks better too
man of course, the murch looks much better than the gallardo to me as well