Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The All-New 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser (+ thecarconnection review - Page 16)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-06, 11:32 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ehhh... the rear looks weird. It's starting to look like the Mitsu Pajero... or maybe the Montero?

Nice of them to cover the outside emblems but forget to cover the steering wheel one lol.
Old 09-13-06, 12:01 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like! from looking at the rpm gauge, it looks like it has a diesel motor, and rumor has it that it is going to be V8 twin turbo.
Old 09-13-06, 12:19 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

for various reasons it looks like next Sequia... front is new Tundra, only on sale in the US. Its big but not as LC big. Front lights are H4, not projectors - odd for 2008 model luxury SUV that starts at 50k.

And interior is cheaper than LC Prado, which is now cheap LC people buy.

In most countries LC is VERY expensive vehicle...
Old 09-13-06, 12:41 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, I like it. The current LC/LX, although a great SUV, is getting old and is in major need of a redesign.
Old 09-13-06, 03:39 PM
xioix
Racer

I hate that rear
Old 09-13-06, 04:33 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like everything but the rear end. The design of the center dash and the doors looks like a nice improvement over the current Land Cruiser, and I can see it looking awesome with leather and wood instead of shiny plastic and cloth. The front end could look good without the tape- big grill and attractive headlights. The view from the front, down the side is even very attractive too. It's just the back end that I rreally don't care for. I think it needs to look more distinctive, and lose that "bump" thing past the glass. Looks retarded.

I've heard rumors and speculation about the new Land Cruiser looking a lot like an SUV version of the Tundra- rough and rugged, almost to go along side the FJ Cruiser, while the Sequoia will undergo a more mainstream treatment to appeal to the masses. Anyone heard anything more on this?
Old 09-13-06, 06:24 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

i just think that the interior looks like a serious downgrade of the current interior of the land cruiser. i mean even though it didnt have the warm wood feeling of the LS 470, it still was a very high dollar looking interior, and i think that this one just looks cheap but who knows , but im to am leaning to this maybe being the sequioa, but it could be the land crusier, either way its a toyota so its should be very dependable
Old 09-13-06, 08:51 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Please say it ain't so. No where as nice looking as the current model no matter wat it is.
Old 09-13-06, 08:59 PM
LexFather

As it stands now, no thanks

Old 09-14-06, 12:57 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

the european market Land Cruiser is NOT the same land cruiser we get here in the US.

the european land cruiser is similar to the 4Runner we have here..(as far as the chassis/frame is concerned), and uses the same 4.0L engine in the pricier model.

that probably is the replacement for the smaller "land cruiser" for that market.

in Europe the land cruiser is called the Amazon, and even that is available with a 4.2 or a 4.7L engine.
Old 09-14-06, 01:22 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by whoster
the european market Land Cruiser is NOT the same land cruiser we get here in the US.

the european land cruiser is similar to the 4Runner we have here..(as far as the chassis/frame is concerned), and uses the same 4.0L engine in the pricier model.

that probably is the replacement for the smaller "land cruiser" for that market.

in Europe the land cruiser is called the Amazon, and even that is available with a 4.2 or a 4.7L engine.

Are you talking about JDM Toyota Prado aka Lexus GX470? nope, it's not that. It's def a replacement for USDM/ JDM Land Cruiser.
Old 09-14-06, 01:50 AM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

little chance that's the new LC (in American form) or Sequoia, it's far too foreign in appearance.

Example, the Camry sold oversees doesn't look the same as the model sold here.
Old 09-14-06, 06:38 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 220 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
little chance that's the new LC (in American form) or Sequoia, it's far too foreign in appearance.

Example, the Camry sold oversees doesn't look the same as the model sold here.
Not EXACTLY the same, but still looks very similar.
Old 09-14-06, 11:33 PM
Matters
Pole Position

Too big to be a Prado. Besides Prado is only half way through its model-cycle. The LC 100 was ready for retirement ages ago.

Looks like crap though. To think that they had all these years and this is what the come up with.

This looks like a low-spec model, despite the dual air, therefore one can assume that the high-specs will look much better. I had that rear end though...looks stupid.
Old 09-15-06, 02:13 AM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

the pictured LC doesn't share the look of the new Tacoma or Tundra. It definetly has zero L-finesse.

I'm fairly certain this is an oversees model

Quick Reply: The All-New 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser (+ thecarconnection review - Page 16)